PractitionerRole FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 PractitionerRole
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 Committee Approval Date
- 1.4 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.5 Scope of coverage
- 1.6 RIM scope
- 1.7 Resource appropriateness
- 1.8 Expected implementations
- 1.9 Content sources
- 1.10 Example Scenarios
- 1.11 Resource Relationships
- 1.12 Timelines
- 1.13 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
Committee Approval Date
14 Feb 2017
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
Practitioners often do not just work at a single location or organization or for a single role, and have differing availabilities and contact information at these places. This resource captures this information.
This does not cover teams or groups.
Commonly, a Practitioner performs different roles within the same or even different organizations. Qualifications are stored on the Practitioner (as they have the qualificaitons) and the PractitionerRole covers what the person is authorized to do at which organizations. Note that the represented organization need not necessarily be the (direct) employer of a Practitioner.
Systems must track which persons are involved in giving care. In addition to normal information about the person involved, this also includes information about the person's role as a professional care giver, like qualifications. This resource provides the details of these roles.
This resources is expected to be implemented in most, if not all, hospital information systems, and also Healthcare directory systems where sharing of directory information is required.
None beyond the standard list.
- A surgeon working at several locations
- A nurse with different roles at different locations
- A physiotherapist with different contact information at different organizations (public and private clinic)
Practitioner, Location, Organization, HealthcareService, Endpoint, Schedule
for STU3 (resource exists and has been tested at several connectathons - inside and outside HL7).