Welcome to the HL7 Patient Care WG Wiki!
Welcome to the Patient Care Work Group Wiki Site.The Patient Care WG is chartered to define messages to support the needs for communicating information regarding the creation, management, execution and the quality of diagnostic and therapeutic care. This wiki page is for facilitation of ongoing discussions. Please see the hl7 website for more information about the patient care TC
NOTE: the wiki page of Patient Care is under construction. Not all links to following wiki pages are working. These are shown in red. We are working on these pages. You can help if you like!
Current Elections and Ballots: We Need Your Input and Help!
Preparation of the January 2012 Normative Ballot
- Sept 2011 PSS preparation and vote in San Diego Dealth with and approved
- Okt 2011 modeling, walk-through and publishing ongoing
- Jan 2012 discussion and finalization
- Feb 2012 submission
- May 2012 reconciliation
- Changes to handle: Patient Care Change Requests
- Workplan: Care Provision D-MIM
- Content: Patient Care Normative Ballot Content
Next WGM, Kevin and Hugh are formalizing their new interim role as co-chair. Please be sure to vote during the elections!
I hope that work within ISO and JIC is progressing such that we also can have a formal vote on the ISO 13972 in the HL7 community. You will be informed on this progress.
William November 2, 2011.
|Model Facilitator||Publishing Facilitator||Vocabulary Facilitator||Project lead||Project lead|
The role of a project lead is to take responsibility for one of the Patient Care Projects and engage PC membership to achieve the project goals. Hence, they relieve the work of the co-chairs. Once a project could go to ballot, co-chairs will arrange for appropriate voting procedures and ballot formalities.
26 May 2011: Missing information can be added.
This section contains the management issues for the PC committee. This is for work group health, to track and trace our work and to stay current.
- Patient Care Work Group HL7 main page: *the HL7 Patient Care TC webpage
- Agenda and Minutes are available at: *Patient Care Minutes
- Mission & Charter: *Overview Updated in Kyoto, 2009, Due for revision January 2012.
- Project Matrix: *[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/patientcare/minutes.cfm in either Minutes or Documents section, please browse. Current approved version is v 0.8. Up for revision every WGM, in particular go through document in September 2011 and synchronize with HL7 HQ.
- Project Status: *Projects This shows the subset of projects PC is actively working on, and if we are meeting our deadlines for each.
- Decision Making Policies *[ weblink to document to be included here]
- SWOT analysis *[ http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/patientcare/docs.cfm look for May 2010]
- Listserv * Subscribe to email list from PC WG
- Leadership (as formal in HL7 administration available): *Leadership
Patient Care has now a formal request for change (RFC) page which can be used to request changes in the ballot materials.
Please use this for RFC you have pertaining to Topics, D-MIM, R-MIM, use cases, interactions, walkthrough etc. Those that have been handled by either a motion accepted, and /or models or descriptions being changed are listed under Dispositioned Requests.
Please also look both in the general document section and minutes section.
Patient Care has several active projects and some waiting for volunteers to step up and carry on.
- Our main goals are to bring the Domain Message Information Model (D-MIM) to normative ballot in the January 2012 cycle, and following this the 4 core Topics Referral, Acceptance, Record Query and Care Record in the May 2012 cycle (unless we can speed up the work for January).
- In addition two Active Topics include Allergy and Intolerance and Care Plan. For both information analysis
is ongoing, leading to Domain Analysis Models (DAM) and updating the dynamic models R-MIMs for both Topics. Allergy and Intolerance Topic is currently planned to go to Normative in September 2012 ballot.
- Beside these more infrastructural parts we are working on the domain content. In principle: a HL7 sound specification of what goes into the Care Record, what can be in the Query, or what goes in the Care Plan.
Two current examples include the DAM for Skin Care and Detailed Clinical Models (DCM) for five frequently used clinical materials.
- We are cleaning up the Assessment Scale R2 DSTU ballot to be included into the NE 2012.
All other Topics in the table below are still on our to do list, but will follow our above priorities.
|Care Provision D-MIM
The Care Provision D-MIM is the fundamental piece of work of the Patient Care Working Group. All HL7 messages under Care Provision are dependend on this Domain Message Information Model. All R-MIMs representing specific messages for specific tasks for continuity of care are derived from this basic model. The derivation is done via removing from D-MIM what we do not need, replacing full classes with CMETs, constraining attributes, cardinalities or relationships, or - very important - roll out specific structures that are derived from the clinical statement.
|Allergy & Intolerance
This topic covers all interactions related to clinically recorded adverse reactions.
|Pressure Ulcer Prevention
This topic covers pressure ulcer risk assessment and interventions.
Concern Tracking and Care statements provide a framework for tracking and managing health concerns.
|Care Plan Topic & Ordersets
The Care Plan structure is used to define the management action plans for the various concerns identified for the target of care. It is the structure in which the care planning for all individual professions or for groups of professionals can be organized, planned and checked for completion.
|Care Plan Initiative project 2011
Care Plan has been balloted some years ago as DSTU. However, it was felt at that time that more work needed to be done in defining care plan, the components of the care plan, identifying use cases and use. The plan for 2011 is to first develop a Domain Analysis Model (DAM) for the Care Plan, and then decide on follow on activities. The HDF 1.5 (HL7 development framework) approach will be followed.
|New PSS and Project ID needed before moving any material to ballot|
|Care Plan Topic project
Care Plan has been balloted some years ago as DSTU. However, it was felt at that time that more work needed to be done in defining care plan, the components of the care plan, identifying use cases and use. The plan for 2010 is to complete the contents of Care Plan.
It is part of the ballot since 2010 as DSTU.
The aim of this release is to provide a generic template based on the clinical statement pattern for use with almost all scores systems and assessment scales. Therefore, it provides a framework for use in messages and documents.
|Detailed Clinical Models
The underlying assumption for a standard on Detailed Clinical Models is that to use, exchange and reuse data, and to obtain meaningful information from it for each purpose, data need to be handled consistently. This consistent use is required on both the mono- and multidisciplinary health professional level.
|Detailed Clinical Model guidelines for creation
The DCM guidelines will be entered as soon as the ISO standard is finished. Please mail to the patient care list if you think it takes too long :-)
|Detailed Clinical Models for Medical Devices
The intent of this project is to create and maintain one generic Domain Analysis Model and a set Detailed Clinical Model that defines the main concepts of using medical device-related data safely and traceably for patient care.
|DAM vs DCM vs SAIF
The relationship between a Domain Analysis Model (DAM) and a Detailed Clinical Model (DCM)and how this fits into the Services-Aware Inteoperability Framework (SAIF)
|Patient Care Glossary
The concepts that Patient Care is using are defined in the glossary. Project is just started with defining the concepts that are being used in the Care Plan Topic project. See Care Plan Glossary Patient Care Glossary
|Patient Care V2
Patient Care has resumed some responsibility for HL7 version 2 chapters 11 and 12. Australia will take care of the work involved.
Patient Care sponsors the Diabetes Dataset project by CIC See ***
|Safe Patient Handling
The safe lifting and movement of patients, known as Safe Patient Handling (SPH), is a major concern for hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitative facilities, and home healthcare workers. In order to protect patients and keep nursing staff healthy, many facilities are implementing SPH programs.
|On Hold pending input of project scope statement from requester.|
Other topics the Patient Care TC has defined:
These have their own project numbers, or project scope statements need to be developed and balloted.
- Care Record -- currently DSTU
Needs New PSS and Project ID: by August 2011.
- Care Record Query -- currently DSTU
Needs New PSS and Project ID: by August 2011.
- Care Transfer -- currently DSTU
Needs New PSS and Project ID: by August 2011.
No later than before the Sept 2011 PC needs to create PSS for Care Transfer, Care Record and Care Record Query to check consistency with D-MIM update 2011, check Topic status as separate material in order to better manage our ballot publications, make changes and so on. This is necessary to move to normative ballot for January 2012. Next action needed for below materials: Include Care Transfer, Care Record and Care Record Query in table above and create PSS for each. Current # 284 for D-MIM needs to be split into four #. 284 then remains for D-MIM and Care Transfer, Care Record and Care Record Query each need a new Project ID:
- Care Statement -- the clinical statement version in the D-MIM for patient Care, currently DSTU.
Will in future versions of Care Provision be replaced by the Clinical Statement CMET A_SupportingClinicalStatement universal (COCT_RM530000UV)
- Care Structures -- currently DSTU
Needs to be split up in a whole set of different topics to allow finding these in the ballot. Current clustering renders it not findable. Each separate Topic needs a new PSS and separate ID around January 2012 once the D-MIM and first Topics Care Record, Query, Transfer have been brought to ballot.
- Concern Tracking -- currently DSTU as part of care structures, to be moved to separate topic level
Needs new PSS and ID by January 2012 to move to normative
- Professional Services -- currently DSTU
Project ID: 103
- Names of storyboard actors
- Care Provision Domain Artefact Identifier Registration
- Format for use cases, storyboards, activity diagrams and interaction diagrams
- Diagnosis topic
- Change Requests