The Patient Administration Work Group supports the HL7 mission by defining the requirements and specifications to support the interoperability among clinical and non-clinical systems regarding patient encounters and administrative registries.
- Scope: HL7v2 chapters 3,10 and 15; HL7v3 Patient Administration, Personnel Management, Registries and Scheduling Domains.
- See PA Mission and Charter for a full description of the PA mission & charter, and scope.
PA WGM Meetings
- Working Group Meetings All Years
- Working Group Meetings 2013
- Working Group Meetings 2012
- Working Group Meetings 2011
- Working Group Meetings 2010
PA Meeting Minutes
PA Telecon Meeting Minutes
Status and Plans
Patient Administration HL7 V3 PA, R2 passed ballot in September 2009
- Plan to begin Normative ballot for Patient Encounters content in May 2011
- Plan to begin DSTU ballot In September 2011 for Person, Identity Document, Patient and Service Delivery Location as part of Administrative Registries
Personnel Management ANSI/HL7 V3 PM, R1-2005 approved 10/28/2005
- Plan to begin DSTU ballot in September 2011 for Provider and Organization as part of Administrative Registries
Registries R1 passed Normative ballot in January 2010
- No enhancements planned
Scheduling ANSI/HL7 V3 SC, R1-2003 approved 12/17/2003
- Plan to begin DSTU ballot for R2 in January 2012 and Normative ballot in January 2013
- Registry - What is a Registry ?
- Master File/Registry Control Act Wrapper - Linking/merging of registrations
- Query Parameters - implementation and modelling aspects
- CSCR-053 Include A Encounter Universal CMET in CSP - Patient Care discussion related to the potential use of A_Encounter.
- Nictiz Care Provider Registry - three registries deliver combined functionality
Submission / Proposals
- Proposals in progress
- Proposals under review
- Patient Care Harmonization issue: Three_PC/PA_harmonization_issues
- Harmonization Proposal: AdministrativeContactRoleType - added 20090723
- Helse Vest Patient Encounter issues - added 200812
- New application registry topic: PRPM_-_AORTA_use_cases, workitem since the 2008-09 WGM.
- Proposal: Patient Appointment Reminders
- Proposals which have been reviewed (accepted or rejected)
- Proposal: Patient Registry, add Find Candidates query parameters - added 20090204, accepted by PA 2010-01 WGM
- Scheduling topic: Proposal: add Find Appointments Query - added 20090215, accepted by 2010-01 WGM
- Proposal: update Find Encounters Query - added 20090717, accepted by PA 2009-09 WGM
- Person Topic: Proposal: Person Registry, add AdministrativeObservation parameter - added 20090204, revised and accepted by PA 2010-01 WGM
- Harmonization_Proposal:_Add_new_EXISTENCEPL_roleClass - added 20090710, rejected 2009Aug harmonization
- PA Harmonization Proposal Encounter Types - added 20090715, accepted w/mod 2009Aug harmonization
- Add Ward/Bed/Room to ServiceDeliveryLocationRoleType - added 20090711, postponed, value set needs an overhaul
- Harmonization Proposal: New PersonalRelationshipRoleType codes - added 20090317, accepted 2009Apr harmonization
- Harmonization Proposal: add EducationLevel codes - added 20090313, withdrawn 2009Apr harmonization
- Harmonization Proposal: add InformRequestActType Concept Domain - accepted by PA 20090225, accepted 2009Apr harmonization
- Patient Topic: Add Patient Request, accepted by PA 2008-09 WGM
- Provider topic: Proposal: Add new Parameter to Provider Detail Query, accepted by PA 2008-09 WGM
- Completed Proposals