Difference between revisions of "PIC:COCHAIRS"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(32 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 13: Line 13:
 
:*Project Launch: December 2013
 
:*Project Launch: December 2013
 
:*Gather Requirements: Ongoing  
 
:*Gather Requirements: Ongoing  
:*Update Handbook: Jan - April 2014
+
:*Update Handbook:  
:*Approval: September 2014
+
:*Approval:  
:*Release/Publication: May 2014 WGM
+
:*Release/Publication: May 2015 WGM
  
 
==Project Working Documents==
 
==Project Working Documents==
:: [[Media:Cochair_Handbook_2014_v1.5_May_20.docx |Co-Chair Handbook DRAFT following May 2014 WGM]] - Last update May 2014
+
:: [[Media:Cochair_Handbook_2014_v1.5_May_20.docx |Co-Chair Handbook DRAFT following May 2014 WGM]] - Last update May 2015
  
 
==Project Requirements Gathering==
 
==Project Requirements Gathering==
Line 31: Line 31:
  
 
===Requirements:===
 
===Requirements:===
# Review handbook for references to the GOM as we've now split the HL7 Essential Requirements off from that document
+
# Add URL for new Work Group White Paper template:  http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?WGWhitePaperTemplate
#* Source: Karen Van Hentenryck
+
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: 01.14.2012
+
#* Submitted on: 2016-06-14
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Added to updated document
+
#* Status: Added to 2018 version. See section 2.9.5, Added to end of second paragraph.
# Update statement re: WGM minutes - must be posted in two week as TSC will be adding Work Group Health metric. Existing text: "6) Your meeting minutes need to be posted as defined in the Decision Making Practices document." Change to:  "6) Your WGM meeting minutes need to be posted in two weeks following the WGM." This is consistent with section 3.14.2.  May want to add statement re: conference call minutes due date consitent with DMP.
+
# Revise last paragraph in 2.12.5 to update revised tab name "Agenda & Minutes".  Same update in 2.13.2 Submit WGM Meeting Minutes within Two Weeks
#* Source: Freida Hall/TSC
+
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: 2014-01-18
+
#* Submitted on: 2016-09-18
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Added to updated document
+
#* Status: Added to 2018 edition
# Update Work Group Health, section 3.3, to indicate where to find the approal reqirements for DMP, SWOT, and M&C, e.g. what has to be approved by WG/SD/TSC.  In following sentence add text at end after 'Cards':  The following TSC wiki page includes the details on what is measured in the Work Group Health Report Cards, and includes approval requirement for the Work Group Mission and Charter (M&C), Decision Making Practices (DMP), and Strength/Weakness/Opportunity/Threat (SWOT) analysis.  
+
# Remove 2.13.3 Submit Post-WGM Survey from the handbook since Survey is no longer being conducted.
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: 2014-05-05
+
#* Submitted on: 2016-09-18
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Entered
+
#* Status: Deleted from 2018 edition
# Consider adding reference to wiki instructions on how to reconcile ballots at:  http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Reconciliation_HowTo
+
#Update this section to remove reference to minutes/agendas in alternate location which implies other than HL7.org or wiki.hl7.org.  Agendas and Mintutes must be on an HL7 platform. Some Work Groups use the "Additional Resources" work tab for pointers to additional WG info.
 +
#*'''Note that meeting minutes must be accessible from the Work Group’s “Minutes” tab whether posted to the Work Group’s page on the HL7 website or to the HL7 wiki'''. Work Groups posting minutes to a location other than the WG page on the HL7 website should include links under the “Minutes” tab to direct visitors to the appropriate location. Notify the webmaster if you have alternate locations for Conference Call Notices, Documents, Issues/Hot Topics, Meeting Agendas, Meeting minutes, other links, Presentations, Project Documents, or a Wiki page. The posting of minutes is a WG Health Metric
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: 2014-07-18
+
#* Submitted on: 2016-09-20
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Added to updated document
+
#* Status: Added to 2018 edition
# Clarify requirement for posting consolidated reconciliation spreadsheet to Ballot Desktop. See sections 4.5.1 Consolidating Comment Spreadsheets and 4.4.3 Normative Ballots.  There should be a persistent copy available before the WGM, and incremental update copies available to WG members (or ballot concensus group). Should this be done consistently by all WGs or leave each WG to define their own process?  This came up in OO WG because members wanted copy of versions being emailed between co-chairs and not visible to partiicpants.
+
# Update Project Management Section to add explanation of 'Lite' investigative projects (from 2016-11-7 TSC call discussion). Project Services WG will craft the update.
#* Source: Freida Hall  
+
#* 2018-07-26 Updated to add explanation of 'lite' projects, update posted here: http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/projectServices/Cochair_Handbook_2018_PjtSvcs_Final_Rev.docx
#* Submitted on: 2014-09-23
+
#* Source: Freida Hall
 +
#* Submitted on: 2016-11-07
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Entered
+
#* Status: Added to 2018 edition
# In the intro or cover of .pdf version of the co-chair handbook, add URL (below) to the wiki version of the co-chair handbook which may be edited more frequently, especially with TSC updates. Could also suggest co-chairs add to their watchlist so they are aware of edits.  http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Co-Chair_Handbook_Information  
+
# Add explanation of how to upload "members only" data to HL7.org Work Group pageSee file http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=File:Making_a_Document_Members_Only_on_HL7.docx
 +
#* Source: Ken McCaslin, TSC Chair email to PIC list, added to wiki by F. Hall
 +
#* Submitted on: 2017-03-03 (email to PIC list)
 +
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 +
#* Status: Added to 2018 edition. See final paragraph of section 2.16
 +
# Update to change title of template (from 2017-04-03 TSC call discussion). The "Work Group Dissolution Template" title referenced in §2.14.1 and Appendix A is being changed to "Work Group Change Template".  Also check the hyperlink to determine if permalink changes.
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: 2014-09-26
+
#* Submitted on: 2017-04-03
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Entered
+
#* Status: Updated in 2018 edition
# Add the option for work groups to record their current activities and post them to the HL7 YouTube Channel
+
# Clarify the Publication Request Template is also used to request a STU Extension
#* Source: Karen Van Hentenryck
+
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: 2015-01-19
+
#* Submitted on: 2017-06-29
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Entered
+
#* Status: Added to 2018 edition
# Add a section that suggests that suggests that work groups set aside the first 5-10 minutes to introduce FTAs to the organization
+
# Replace section 3.7.4 V2 Substantive Change and 3.7.5 V2 Non-Substantive change with link to document using the same link as that from  Resources->Tools and resources ->V2 tools ->Version 2 substantivity guide
#* Source: Karen Van Hentenryck
+
#* Source: Tony Julian
#* Submitted on: 2015-01-19
+
#* Submitted on 2017-08-23
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Entered
+
#* Status: Incorporated into 2018 edition
# Add to handbook, and possibly the template for minutes, the process to approve mintues by "general consent" from Robert's Rules, instructions belowThis saves time when there are no edits to minutes.
+
# Revise 3.4.2 Review Ballots as discussed 2017-12-11 TSC Meeting.  Remove this sentence: "There is no reconciliation of review ballot comments per se".  There are explicit requirements to consider comments and to post a reconciliation spreadsheet for all review ballots, thus the statement to be removed is contradictory to statements elsewhere in the handbook, and also in the GOM.
#* Use general consent method when there are no corrections:  “You have received the minutes.  Are there any corrections to the minutes?  Hearing none, if there is no objection the minutes are approved as posted.
 
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: 2015-02-13
+
#* Submitted on: 2017-12-11
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Status: Entered
 
#Add new language, once proposed by GOC and approved by the EC, to alert co-chairs to the requirement to guard IP
 
#* Source: Karen Van Hentenryck
 
#* Submitted on: 2015-94-28
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Status: Entered
 
# Update Balloting section "Consolidating Comment Spreadsheets" to explain how to break the link in Excel after consolidating ballot comments. 
 
#* Instructions from Austin Kreisler
 
#**When you use the ballot spreadsheet amalgamation macro to consolidate ballot spreadsheets you often end up with links from the consolidated spreadsheet back to the original spreadsheets. These are maintained by Excel, and you get an annoying notice when opening the document regarding updated the document from the linked document, or possibly your Excel is set up to update those links automatically, and that can lock up Excel while it tries to do the update. To break the links to these other spreadsheet, open the spreadsheet in question in Excel and do the following (from Excel help):
 
#**Important When you break a link to a source, all formulas that that use the source are converted to their current value. For example, the link =SUM([Budget.xls]Annual!C10:C25) would be converted to =45. Because this action cannot be undone, you may want to save a version of the file before you start.
 
#**On the Edit menu, click Links.
 
#**In the Source list, click the link you want to break.
 
#** To select multiple linked objects, hold down CTRL and click each linked object.
 
#** To select all links, press CTRL+A.
 
#** Click Break Link.
 
#***Note that these links are different from hyperlinks embedded in a cell.
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
 
#* Submitted on: 2015-05-21
 
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Entered
+
#* Status: Removed from 2018 edition.
# Add White Paper process (from June 8,2015 PIC minutes)- to incorporate additional guidance from TSC (referenced August 7, 2015 PIC minutes)
+
# Update project management section of Co-chair Handbook with updates approved by Project Services Work Group 2018-07-12 call, posted here:  http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/projectServices/Cochair_Handbook_2018_PjtSvcs_Final.docx
 +
#* 2018-07-26 Updated to add explanation of 'lite' projects, update posted here: http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/projectServices/Cochair_Handbook_2018_PjtSvcs_Final_Rev.docx
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
#* Submitted on: June 8, 2015 Minutes (also see entry 2016-01-11 from January WGM)
+
#* Submitted on: 2018-07-16
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Status: Entered
 
# Change title for Electronic Ballot Chart to HL7 Ballot Guide in Co-chair Handbook.  It was renamed in the 2015 update.
 
#* Source: Freida Hall
 
#* Submitted on: 2015-09-18
 
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
 
#* Committee Comments: leave blank
#* Status: Entered
+
#* Status: Added to 2018 edition
# White Paper process
 
#* Source: Freida Hall from 2016-01-11 PIC meeting at January WGM
 
#* Submitted on: 2016-01-11
 
#* Committee Comments: Document Work Group White Paper process; see PIC minutes for process discussion 2016-01-04 and 2016-01-16 (e.g need PSS, WG approves white paper, WG level white papers are not balloted, published with appropriate disclaimers, EST to create posting/index; PS to add check box to PSS for Work Group level White Papers; publishing to create template with disclaimers. 
 
#* Status: Entered
 

Latest revision as of 18:50, 3 August 2018

Return to the >> Process Improvement Committee

Co-Chair Handbook Template Maintenance Project

Project Information

Insert project description here
The Project Scope Statement status is: approved by PIC 2010-06-10, approved by T3SD 2010-08-16

Project Lead(s)

  • Sandy Stuart (sandra.stuart@kp.org)

Project Timeline

  • Project Launch: December 2013
  • Gather Requirements: Ongoing
  • Update Handbook:
  • Approval:
  • Release/Publication: May 2015 WGM

Project Working Documents

Co-Chair Handbook DRAFT following May 2014 WGM - Last update May 2015

Project Requirements Gathering

Instructions:

To add a requirement for consideration by the committee edit the WIKI directly yourself following the template provided or email the PIC List Service (pic@lists.hl7.org)

Requirement Template:
  1. enter requirement
    • Source: enter your name and email address
    • Submitted on: enter the date of your submission
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Entered

Requirements:

  1. Add URL for new Work Group White Paper template: http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?WGWhitePaperTemplate
    • Source: Freida Hall
    • Submitted on: 2016-06-14
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Added to 2018 version. See section 2.9.5, Added to end of second paragraph.
  2. Revise last paragraph in 2.12.5 to update revised tab name "Agenda & Minutes". Same update in 2.13.2 Submit WGM Meeting Minutes within Two Weeks
    • Source: Freida Hall
    • Submitted on: 2016-09-18
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Added to 2018 edition
  3. Remove 2.13.3 Submit Post-WGM Survey from the handbook since Survey is no longer being conducted.
    • Source: Freida Hall
    • Submitted on: 2016-09-18
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Deleted from 2018 edition
  4. Update this section to remove reference to minutes/agendas in alternate location which implies other than HL7.org or wiki.hl7.org. Agendas and Mintutes must be on an HL7 platform. Some Work Groups use the "Additional Resources" work tab for pointers to additional WG info.
    • Note that meeting minutes must be accessible from the Work Group’s “Minutes” tab whether posted to the Work Group’s page on the HL7 website or to the HL7 wiki. Work Groups posting minutes to a location other than the WG page on the HL7 website should include links under the “Minutes” tab to direct visitors to the appropriate location. Notify the webmaster if you have alternate locations for Conference Call Notices, Documents, Issues/Hot Topics, Meeting Agendas, Meeting minutes, other links, Presentations, Project Documents, or a Wiki page. The posting of minutes is a WG Health Metric
    • Source: Freida Hall
    • Submitted on: 2016-09-20
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Added to 2018 edition
  5. Update Project Management Section to add explanation of 'Lite' investigative projects (from 2016-11-7 TSC call discussion). Project Services WG will craft the update.
  6. Add explanation of how to upload "members only" data to HL7.org Work Group page. See file http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=File:Making_a_Document_Members_Only_on_HL7.docx
    • Source: Ken McCaslin, TSC Chair email to PIC list, added to wiki by F. Hall
    • Submitted on: 2017-03-03 (email to PIC list)
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Added to 2018 edition. See final paragraph of section 2.16
  7. Update to change title of template (from 2017-04-03 TSC call discussion). The "Work Group Dissolution Template" title referenced in §2.14.1 and Appendix A is being changed to "Work Group Change Template". Also check the hyperlink to determine if permalink changes.
    • Source: Freida Hall
    • Submitted on: 2017-04-03
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Updated in 2018 edition
  8. Clarify the Publication Request Template is also used to request a STU Extension
    • Source: Freida Hall
    • Submitted on: 2017-06-29
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Added to 2018 edition
  9. Replace section 3.7.4 V2 Substantive Change and 3.7.5 V2 Non-Substantive change with link to document using the same link as that from Resources->Tools and resources ->V2 tools ->Version 2 substantivity guide
    • Source: Tony Julian
    • Submitted on 2017-08-23
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Incorporated into 2018 edition
  10. Revise 3.4.2 Review Ballots as discussed 2017-12-11 TSC Meeting. Remove this sentence: "There is no reconciliation of review ballot comments per se". There are explicit requirements to consider comments and to post a reconciliation spreadsheet for all review ballots, thus the statement to be removed is contradictory to statements elsewhere in the handbook, and also in the GOM.
    • Source: Freida Hall
    • Submitted on: 2017-12-11
    • Committee Comments: leave blank
    • Status: Removed from 2018 edition.
  11. Update project management section of Co-chair Handbook with updates approved by Project Services Work Group 2018-07-12 call, posted here: http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/projectServices/Cochair_Handbook_2018_PjtSvcs_Final.docx