PA Sched Service Minutes 10/6
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rick Freeman
- Scott Narus
- Cooper Thompson
- Ken Rubin
- Drew Torres
- Daniel White (athena)
- Abdullah (athena)
Summary of Scott and Rick's work on a FHIR integrated scheduling application
- Support there different people accessing schedules:
- Providers - look across their schedules from variety of systems.
- Patient - wants to look at all previous and upcoming appointments
- Care Manager - working for patient - same kind of query as the patient, but as a proxy.
- Driven by input from VA to allow patients and providers to see appointments across locations.
- Secondary motivations; Smart on FHIR is focused on single patient selected. Not many open source projects focused on non-patient focused context.
- Didn’t get into discovering scheduling endpoints or multi-domain authentication
There are (at least) two workflows we are looking to support:
- Appointment request
- Potential integration with decision support to determine which appointments types to schedule
- Find next available opportunities (near real time)
- Request includes a broad time range of availability, the engine could pick first available, for example
- Approach is to provide sufficient info for each system to resolve to their visit types.
- Need to consider what hints need to be provided or questions need to be answers.
- Examples: MRI resources vary based on metal in patient's body
- Have everyone review their visit types (/appointment reason) for next week.
- Identify themes of user interaction with scheduling system (current and near future)
- How do folks handle appointment scheduling across DST transitions and timezones?
Collections of operations with different behaviors.
- Appointment booking can be confirmed immediately. Provides specific metadata and get back a specific confirmed slot
- Appointment booking may involve multiple round trips for questions/hints, etc. Looking for appointment possibilities that meet a set of criteria.
- From the list from #2, subsequent filter criteria can be provided (e.g. preference for female provider).
Discovery of service endpoints
- Define this as a precondition in the spec
- Cover the potential solutions in the IG
Next week agenda:
- Visit type / harmonization