Organizations interested in FHIR
- 1 Page Purpose
- 2 List of Organizations (Alphabetical Order)
- 2.1 AEGIS.net, Inc.
- 2.2 Black Pear Software
- 2.3 CommonWell Health Alliance
- 2.4 Datuit (SafeIX Application Platform)
- 2.5 DCA eHealth Solutions (Telstra Health)
- 2.6 GE Healhcare
- 2.7 Healthcentrix
- 2.8 HL7 Colombia
- 2.9 IHE
- 2.10 Mohawk College
- 2.11 NHS England
- 2.12 Nortal
- 2.13 Open Mapping Software
- 2.14 Oridashi
- 2.15 Orion Health
- 2.16 Standards and Interoperability Framework
- 2.17 Thrasys, Inc
- 2.18 University of Western Sydney
- 2.19 Veterans Health Administration - Integrated Electronic Health Record
- 2.20 West Health Institute
This page is a location where organizations that have an interest in FHIR can register that interest. This includes both vendors implementing or intending to implement FHIR based interfaces, and potential users of those services.
Note that making an entry on this page in no way obligates you to do anything! This is purely for informational purposes, and to provide useful contacts.
List of Organizations (Alphabetical Order)
- Website: AEGIS
- Contact: Mario Hyland 
- Interest: Testing FHIR - support FHIR develop and publish test cases and eventually published within the Developers Integration Lab (DIL). Working on IHE, and NwHIN within the AEGIS Integrated Ecosystem a synthetic community of Health Care organizations.
Black Pear Software
- Website: 
- Contact Dunmail Hodkinson 
- Interest: Creating FHIR adapters for UK GP systems. Contributing to OpenEyes Interoperability Kit.
CommonWell Health Alliance
- Website: | CommonWell
- Contact: Peter Bernhardt 
- Interest: Using FHIR to support patient linking and matching services. CommonWell launched its interoperability services in January 2014 as part of its initial pilot rollout.
Datuit (SafeIX Application Platform)
- Website: | datuit.com
- Contact: Gordon Raup 
- Interest: In the process of adding FHIR as one of the formats for apps to request and receive patient PHI from our SafeIX Application Platform (in addition to using our original SafeIX Fragments API).
DCA eHealth Solutions (Telstra Health)
- Contact: Brian Postlethwaite 
- Interest: Investigating suitability of fhir for interfacing between internal and external products.
- Website: GE Healthcare
- Contact: John Moehrke 
- Interest: Using FHIR as a last-mile API to enable mHealth applications. Working with IHE on cross-development of IHE-MHD (XDS) and other.
- Website: www.healthcentrix.com
- Contact: José Olmo 
- Interest:Development of PHR and Patient Engagement solution based on FHIR, integrating with IHE-XDS, CDA and Direct protocol, and CDS/vMR system. Mobiles apps and Web Portals for patients and doctors uses FHIR server like their main services platform.
- Website: www.hl7.org.co
- Contact: Mario Cortés 
- Interest: Localization of FHIR specifications in Colombia and promotion for adoption at the HL7 user community in this country.
- Website: www.ihe.net
- Contact: Keith Boone 
- Interest: Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise has an interest, both in IT Infrastructure (in MHD and PDQ for Mobile, and in Patient Care Coordination (it is referenced in the DAF White Paper from PCC)
- Website: Mohawk College ideaworks
- Contact: Duane Bender 
- Interest: Building an Objective-C reference framework for FHIR implementations on IOS, expanding existing reference and testing implementations to include FHIR interfaces
- Website: n/a
- Contact: Richard Kavanagh 
- Interest: Proof of concept to assess whether FHIR is suitable for the integration between suppliers and consumers of information for a national Renal care network.
- Website: http://www.nortal.com
- Contact: Igor Bossenko 
- Interest: Building NHR solutions using FHIR standard.
Open Mapping Software
- Website: http://www.OpenMapSW.com
- Contact: Robert Worden 
- Interest: Developing open source tools for mapping and transforming between FHIR and other healthcare representations - inc. V2, CDA, and RDBMS. FHIR and data quality.
- Website: http://www.oridashi.com/fhir
- Contact: Brett Esler 
- Interest: Implementing FHIR server interface for Australian primary care systems to support appropriate 3rd party clinical data access.
- Website: http://www.orionhealth.com
- Contact: David Hay 
- Interest: Planning to develop a general 'FHIR Engine' to support access to HIE data, as well as adding FHIR to the existing Integration Engine (Rhapsody).
Standards and Interoperability Framework
- Website: http://wiki.siframework.org/BlueButton+Plus+Initiative
- Contact: Keith Boone 
- Interest: Use of FHIR XDS Entry resource to support access to C-CDA and CCD documents.
- Website: http://www.thrasys.com
- Contact: Randy Belknap 
- Interest: Use of FHIR for community based healthcare process integration (e.g. scheduling, care management)
University of Western Sydney
- Website: http://www.uws.edu.au/scem School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- Contact: Klaus Veil 
- Interest: Research & Student Projects. In late 2012 a team of five students created a browser-based proof-of-concept FHIR hospital information system implementation. The results will be presented in a paper at the 2013 Health Informatics Conference in Adelaide, Australia.
Veterans Health Administration - Integrated Electronic Health Record
- Website: http://demo.iehr.us/vipr/fhir/
- Contact: Seth Rylan Gainey , Michael Ramirez 
- Interest: VA/DoD interoperablity. A proof-of-concept and research effort directed towards the goal of Integrated Electronic Health Record (iEHR) to support seamless integration of VA/DoD EHR systems by using FHIR as a common clinical model.