Open Source FHIR implementations
Back to FHIR Home page
This page lists known open source implementations of the FHIR specification. For a list of running servers, see Publicly Available FHIR Servers for testing
Note that the FHIR specification itself includes several reference implementations at . The scope of the reference models included the FHIR specification itself is limited to object models derived from resource definitions or profiles, along with parsers for both XML and json, and necessary supporting code. Further code - clients, servers, transforms to other formats - is encouraged, but won't be included in the specification itself.
Note that the reference implementations are covered under a different license to the FHIR specification. For now, this is the standard OSI approved BSD license (BSD-3-Clause, ). The HL7 OHT license is not used because it's not on the list of OSI approved licenses (), and because there is a huge component (FHIR itself) that cannot be covered under the OHT IP rules (rather a problem for the v3 tools too).
Other open source Implementations
- De facto reference server (runs at http://fhir.healthintersections.com.au)
- general purpose server that implements all of the specification
- development platform: (delphi / windows / mssql)
- https://api.fhir.me - Josh Mandel / SMART Platforms
- Reference server built in parrallel with Grahame's to test the specification
- Supports all resource types, searches, all operations, xml + json
- Built in .NET with the .NET reference implementation, WebApi 2.0 library, Mongo DB for storage and search.