October 16, 2018 Security Conference Call
|x||Member Name||x||Member Name||x||Member Name||x||Member Name|
|.||John Moehrke Security Co-chair||x||Kathleen Connor Security Co-chair||.||Alexander Mense Security Co-chair||.||Trish Williams Security Co-chair|
|.||Christopher Shawn Security Co-chair||x||Suzanne Gonzales-Webb||x||Mike Davis||x||David Staggs|
|x||Diana Proud-Madruga||.||Johnathan Coleman||x||Francisco Jauregui||x||Joe Lamy|
|.||Rhonna Clark||.||Greg Linden||.||Grahame Grieve||x||Dave Silver|
|.||Beth Pumo||x||Jim Kretz||.||Peter Bachman||.||Bo Dagnall|
|.||[mailto: ]||.||[mailto: ]||.||[mailto: ]||.||[mailto: ]|
- (2 min) Roll Call, Agenda Approval
- (5 min) Review and Approval of Minutes
- (5 min) GDPR whitepaper on FHIR Update - meeting cancelled
- (10 min) TF4FA Normative Ballot reconciliation (formerly PSAF) - Mike, Chris
- Meetings: Tuesdays, 11:00 AM Eastern; freeconference.com same as Security call
- TF4FA Ballot Reconciliation (wiki)
- Ballot Reconciliation Sheet
- Comments to be voted on this week: Comments 129 - 146 + 10/13 recon call 147 - 161 (last comment)
- Next week: Review and vote on comments 129 - 161, which will conclude recon.
- assignment of document update?
- (05 min) TF4FA Trust Framework, Volume 3 - Update Mike, Chris
- (10 min) Review Security WG 3 Year Plan - Kathleen
- (10 min) Check out Security WG Confluence site - Kathleen
- (10 min) FHIR Security Update - John
- HL7 PAC Request RE: 21st Century Cures EHR Reporting Program
- ONC released a Request for Information (RFI) on August 24 related to the 21st Century Cures EHR Reporting Program requirements. HL7 will be commenting and our Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) is currently gathering feedback.
- Comments are due to ONC by October 17, 2018. We ask that you send any comments you would like considered for inclusion in the HL7 response by Thursday, September 20. Please send comments to PAC Chair Mark Segal at email@example.com and Ticia Gerber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As background, ONC states that: This request for information (RFI) seeks input from the public regarding the Electronic Health Record (EHR) Reporting Program established as Section 4002 of the 21st Century Cures Act (Cures Act) codified Section 3009A in Title XXX of the Public Health Service Act (PHSA). This RFI is a first step toward implementing the statute. Its responses will be used to inform subsequent discussions among stakeholders and future work toward the development of reporting criteria under the EHR Reporting Program. ONC is looking for cross-cutting and category specific feedback on 21st Century Cures EHR Reporting Program criteria in the areas of: Security.
- Describe other useful security and privacy features or functions that a certified health IT product may offer beyond those required by HIPAA and the ONC Health IT Certification Program, such as functions related to requirements under 42 CFR part 2.
- What information about a certified health IT product's security and privacy capabilities and performance have acquisition decision makers used to inform decisions about acquisitions, upgrades, or use to best support end users' needs? How has that information helped inform decision-making? What other information would be useful in comparing certified health IT products on security and privacy (e.g., compatibility with newer security technologies such as biometrics)?
- Proposed Input Topics:
- Support adoption of SAMHSA Consent2Share
- Support adoption of HL7 Data Segmentation for Privacy CDA IG
- Support adoption of HL7 Security Labeling Service IG and Healthcare Privacy and Security Classification System
- Support adoption of FHIR Security Labeling, FHIR Consent and FHIR Contract Consent Directive for Part 2 Consent Directives
Meeting Minutes DRAFT
Chair, Kathleen Connor
Roll Taken, Agenda reviewed, updates made as requested
Motion to approve 9/11 meeting minutes (Suzanne to add link to ballot spreadsheet) Vote: Abstain: none; oppose: none approve: 9
GDPR whitepaper on FHIR Update
- weekly Monday meeting cancelled this week
- meeting to be held at WGM on Sunday
TF4FA Ballot Reconciliation
Reviewed Ballot comments: 90-99
- Motion to approve ballot comments #90-99 as presented) Mike / Suzanne
- Vote: Abstain: none Oppose: none Approve: 9
- Please review ballot comments #100-106 for vote next week
PASS Audit document update
- no update
- plan to work on document post ballot reconciliation during WGM
- Document progress made
- Draft will be ready to discuss at the WGM
- Kathleen mentioned that digital ledger technology may be introduced---wherein Volume 3 may shed some light on that (whether we need an ISO V2 Provenance)
- 21 century CURES
- see outline above in Meeting Materials
- finding a way to satisfy 21 CURES....
- Privacy and Security capability/ to assist making decision to approach privacy and security for systems they would buy
- the reason Kathleen is pushing is because its recognized in ISA; someone in IHE, vendor or other could look this as embedding privacy and security…
- ONC is implementing this comment agreement....
- article 4000? 4002 (per Mike)
- in response to that ONC has responded with comments to TEFCA
- V2 is imminent - the response should be coming soon. possibly around the time of the WGM we have may have available for release
- we have comments from first TEFCA version
- federal partners WG joined to provide comments for TEFCA for where we would like to see it go.
- we know that the original TEFCA is out and comments made, we need to see the next version based on the comments received
- Kathleen in RFI looks like they are asking for a particular portion of the RFI for reporting on EHR programs. that is complementary probably--does anyone--are people okay with this list going in the PAC as recommendations for this WG (security)
- see bulleted section at bottom
- where to look for security and privacy support
- the response from 'us' is in security labeling --we need more than just to support it---but why we feel this is relative.
- the bullet points could use a little more justification
- Kathleen feels we should also add maybe: RBAC, audit, ABAC, … others
We are supporting the adoption of SAMHSA consent2share - but we didn’t' say support adoption of questionnaire or contracts... an HL7 thing (this is a SAMHSA thing); you need to add an HL7 hook
- front page of confluence will tell you how to get in, etc.,
- there are other WGs who have templates, etc. for meeting minutes
- Agendas are using it... attempt to migrate out of wiki;
- should be easier for collaborations, edits can be done directly, etc.
- will add agenda item at WGM
- HealthIT.gov; Remote Patient Authorization and Submission of EHR Data for Research aka "Right of Access"
Update to Baltimore Agenda Tuesday Q4 - update to MiHIN presentation on how they are using Consent, Lloyd and Grahame have been invited as they would like to bring up the three statements that David brought forward in CBCP.
- moving Tuesday Q4 - Update of Volume 3 Draft (Mike) to TUES Q2 (replacing PASS Audit Ballot Reconciliation document updates which can be done offline
No additional discussion items brought forward
Note: No meeting on the 25th