Difference between revisions of "October 1, 2014 Education Telecon"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "{| style="width:100%; background-color:transparent;" |- | style="vertical-align:top; width:50%" | <!-- LEFT COLUMN --> __TOC__ | style="vertical-align:top; width:35%" | <!--...")
 
Line 35: Line 35:
  
 
===HL7 Learning Partner Proposal===
 
===HL7 Learning Partner Proposal===
* Waiting for proposal from Rene Spronk
+
* Waiting for proposal from Rene Spronk.
 
+
*Rene (Sept. 30) draft ready, pending review by potential educational partners. Will be submitted to Education after final tweaks.
  
 
===Paris Tutorials - May 2015===
 
===Paris Tutorials - May 2015===

Revision as of 06:06, 30 September 2014

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair)


Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Recap from WGM

  • Continue discussion of how we can transform Education WG


Request for Liaison from Education to Helpdesk


HL7 Learning Partner Proposal

  • Waiting for proposal from Rene Spronk.
  • Rene (Sept. 30) draft ready, pending review by potential educational partners. Will be submitted to Education after final tweaks.

Paris Tutorials - May 2015

  • Need to consider if there are tutorials of interest
  • Rene Spronk: may wish to ask the European affiliates. Countries that are likely to participate in greater numbers should be able to express their wishes - a session which explains the French DMP and their use of CDA is certainly called for.
Action:  Mary Ann to reach out to Diego/John Ritter to see if there are other ideas from International Mentoring
Action item: Mary Ann will follow up with Nicolais today about Paris Tutorials
Action item: Mary Ann will reach out to the May 2015 WGM Planning Committee

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • will be recorded at the WGM
    • Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
    • May 21, 2014: Ron still has not had the time to engage the SAIF Webinar
    • June 4: No updates since last conference call, Melva will continue to follow up
Action item: Melva follow up with Lorraine again about SAIF Webinar

Tutorial Planning

  • Core tutorials on HL7 Standards, and have specialized tutorials alternated between WGM
  • Start with the January WGM tutorials
  • Rene Spronk has some draft stats on Education events that will be discussed in Chicago
  • Continue discussion of stats that would be useful

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • v2 Workshop Project - no discussion
    • Patrick will join an Education teleconference to discuss further
Action item: Melva will follow up with Patrick on this project

Updates to the Certification exams

  • Sharon has analyzed the certifications and will need to possibly revise the questions.
  • Sharon would like to create a taskforce to review the questions on the exams.
    • Qualifications needed to be on the taskforce:
      • The group will be comprised of volunteers from the tutorial speaker pool to review the certification exam
      • Must have attended/audit the actual tutorial
      • Must be approved by the Education Committee
    • Sharon is working on an outline for a plan and guidelines for updates to existing and also for developing FHIR into a Certification Exam
    • Will bring back more information after meeting with Melva, Sharon and Mary Ann in August
Action: Sharon has drafted the process and will continue to work on the planning of a group to review the material.
Action: Sharon will send new draft to the listserv.
  • Suggestion from Virginia for a certification test for "Medical Logic Modules" - Its very stable, self-contained, and people are hired as MLM developers. Several large EHR vendors use MLM as the way of programming custom CDS into their systems. We use it at NYP. A certification in this might look good on a resume

Webinar Planning for 2015

  • Discussion of proposed webinar topics for 2015
    • Melva has sent out an email to the list
    • Sharon has received a comment request for FHIR tutorials
    • Melva created a wiki page for Webinars topics and would like ideas for next year.
    • Karen comments based on case studies as topics
    • Sharon needs items/brainstorming on ideas.
Action item: Sharon will ask International Council for webinar ideas
Action item: Melanie will reach out to the affiliates as well to determine if they might be willing to advertise webinars

Current resources and reading material

  • Will look at the list to determine how we can use it
    • Ken is still working on a the list. As soon as it is completed, we will place it as an agenda item.
    • Still compiling list but researching a possible open source library software called Koha. www.koha-community.org
    • Ken Chen is still working on the resource list. Koha software has become an option with the latest version.

AOB

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - October 15, 2014 at 11am Eastern