OO CR182-836 - Changes to INV, EQU, and related tables
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to OO Change Requests page.
|Submitted by: Dmytro Rud||Revision date: <<Revision Date>>|
|Submitted date: 17-Mar-2015||Change request ID: OO CRxxx|
|Standard/IG: Standard||Artifact ID, Name: <<Artifact ID, Name>>|
See  for problem definition and proposal.
- Item 2.
- In messages INR^U06 “Automated Equipment Inventory Request”, fields of the INV segment serve as filtering criteria. From the logical point of view, when no filtering on inventory item ID and/or inventory item status is desired, the corresponding fields INV 1 and INV 2 do not need to be populated. But currently they are required in HL7. It is proposed to make them conditional C(O/R), with the condition that MSH-9 1 equals to “INR” and MSH 9 2 equals to “U06”.
- Due to the backward compatibility requirements defined in Chapter 2.8.2.c.4 " Existing required fields may be made conditional if a new trigger event has been applied. The condition must be specified such that the field remains required for the pre-existing trigger events." Since this is an existing trigger event, this change cannot be made.
- Item 4:
- Segment INV in INR^U06^INR_U06 shall be optional in order to enable queries without filtering on particular inventory item attributes
- Due to the backward compatibility requirements defined in Chapter 2 existing required segments cannot be made optional.
- Do not do anything with table 0451.
- Provide code descriptions for table 0365, change new codes.
Recommended Action Items
OO conference call on 16 April 2015:
- has gotten feedback from Vocab, CGIT and OO
- We can rename fields and update tables, Added new codes to HL70365
- Motion to accept: Dmytro, Eric
- Against: 0; Abstain: 7; In Favor: 8