This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "NurseGroup:201501 minutes"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
Minutes HL7 Nurse Group May 12 2015, HL7 WGM in Paris
+
Minutes HL7 Nurse Group January 20 2015, HL7 WGM in San Antonio
 +
 
 +
NEED TO FINISH THIS!
  
 
'''Welcome'''
 
'''Welcome'''
*Patricia welcomes everyone to the Nurse Group meeting during the HL7 WGM in Paris.
+
*Pat welcomes everyone to the Nurse Group meeting during the HL7 WGM in San Antonio. We had an introduction round.
  
  
 
'''Agenda'''
 
'''Agenda'''
The PSS of the NI2016 showcase was approved by the TSC. The only item on the agenda this meeting will be the showcase connectathon during the Nursing Informatics conference June 2016, NI2016. See for more information about the conference http://ni2016.org/
+
*The only item on the agenda this meeting will be the showcase connectathon during the Nursing Informatics conference June 2016, NI2016. See for more information about the conference http://ni2016.org/
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''Summary of what is done so far'''
 +
*William summarized the activities that is be done during the view conference calls we had with different people.
 +
**A Project Scope Stament, PSS, was created, reviewed and adjusted. Feedback is still welcome. Action: William will create a new version of the PSS.
 +
**The PSS is approved in the HL7 Patient Care WG, the Clinical Interoperability Council, CIC, and the Domain Experts Steering Division, DESD and will go through the formal HL7 process now. 
 +
**Also IHE, HIMSS, IMIA-NI, ICN and Snomed CT International (before the IHTSDO) agreed on being formal partners/sponsors.
 +
**The showcase will be a volunteer event.
  
  
'''Going through the To Do list on Basecamp'''
+
'''Project Scope Statement (PSS)'''
On Basecamp a To Do list is created by Sandy. We went through this list so see what has been done, plan to do the actions on the list and by whom. The link to Basecamp is https://basecamp.com/2903861/projects/8860728. However, only someone that is invited can access Basecamp.
+
*William created a PSS that was reviewed during the two conference calls, but also reviewed ofline by people that couldn't attend the calls. There are still some adjustments to maken, so he will create a new version of the PSS. For the PSS click HL7-IMIANI2016-PSS-NursingApplicationsShowcasev03-2015.docx -> need to create a link to the document.
  
*Weekly or bi-weekly conference calls to organize by Sandy. William will ask her to organize this starting Monday May 18th.
 
  
*Number of vendors we need: minimum of three. We need an update of Sandy on to which vendors see talked during HIMSS (Europe). We need to engage with them now. Possible vendors are Allscripts, Cerner, Epic. A theme can attract and will help vendors. The theme of NI2016 is 'eHealth for all'. Theme's that possible attract vendors are analytics, interoperability. John will think about a buzz word.
+
'''Project structure'''
 +
*The membership of the Project Core team and the Project Support team is discussed.
 +
*Members in the Project Core team will be:
 +
**William Goossen,
 +
**Joyce Sensmeier,
 +
**Sandy Vance,
 +
**Emma Jones,
 +
**Laura Heermann Langford,
 +
**Patrick WEber,
 +
**Nick Hardiger,
 +
**Anneke Goossen Baremans.
 +
*Members in the Project Suppert team can come from:
 +
**HL7 nurses group
 +
**IMIA NI standardization group
 +
**IHE PCC group
 +
**Volunteers
  
*HIMSS: Sandy has been involved with HIMSS connectathons, North American connectathon (January 2015), European Connectathon (April 2015)and HIMSS Europe starts today (May 12). Was eCare plan tested at IHE connectathon? Whether eCare plan is taken up in clinical practice or not is unknown.
 
  
*What do nurses do: Discharge planning, Admission, Internal transfer, Care plan transfer itself, Continuity of care into a nursing facility/home care nursing, Transfer of patient, Transfer of record. So also general use cases can be used during the showcase. Possible sources are IHE profiles from Patient Care Coordination, C-CDA care plan document for MU3 and FHIR – 3 profiles (Emma).
+
'''Goal of the NI2016 showcase'''
 +
Engage nurses to use and refine clinical applications facilitating care, using interoperability standards during preparational connectathons and final showcase during the 13th international Nursing Informatics Conference June 25 to 29- 2016, Geneva, Switzerland.
  
*Marketing: For marketing purposes we need to have a sponsor contract (William), a monthly marketing update (Sandy), a monthly update of the wiki (Anneke), look for 2016 Buzz word for vendors to attract them (John), create the 3-5 lines message on this event for HL7 leadership to include in all communications (Anneke), and have a 1 letter size (1 A4) on the project (Patrick).
 
  
*Logistics: for the logistics of the showcase we defined several actions.  Exhibition Floor Plan and Network and Electrical Submitted to Exhibit Services (Patrick),  List of vendors participating (worldwide) (Sandy), talk to HL7 leadership to advertise this (Patricia),  how to show that we have our HL7 hats on during the event and Promotional materials of the various sponsoring organizations (John).
+
'''Agreed on the following principles'''
 +
*Use existing standards and profiles
 +
*Accept some minor gaps
 +
*Add details to existing standards and profiles
 +
*Create a use case scenario document
 +
*Learn from existing experiences and connectathons / showcases
  
*Technical Management:  Use Case Selection (& Development if necessary) and completion (Laura & Anneke), all about testing (Ursula), AV / Props / Graphics Planned (Sandy),  Welcome presentation complete (Nick), Care Plan Profile IHE (Laura), Define goals / purposes for nurses for the showcase (Patricia) and GO LIVE (William).
 
  
*We need to start sponsor calls at a certain moment. William and Anneke will arrange these.
+
'''The following ideas were discussed'''
 +
*PCC profile, to be adjusted for purpose 2-2015
 +
*C-CDA care plan (as used in 2014)
 +
*Storyboards for the flow of nursing data 2-2015
 +
*Content: basic patient, person, provider, professional, location data (as in most CDA and v3 and FHIR)
 +
*Nursing content: vitals, assessment scales!
 +
*Nursing content: care plan?
 +
*Allow multiple standards to be applied (v3, CDA, FHIR, Services, etc)
 +
*Devices can play a role
 +
*Etc see PSS.
 +
*Ed Hammond suggest to have a provocative theme for the showcase. For example 'Who makes the best use of EHR, standards, etc doctors or nurses?'
 +
*The theme for NI2016 is 'eHealth for all'.
  
  
'''Presentation HL7 plenary Wednesday 13 May'''
+
'''Steps to take?'''
William presented the plans for the NI2016 showcase during the HL7 WGM in one of the morning sessions. Also Laura mentioned the NI2016 showcase during the joined meeting with several HL7 work groups on Monday Q3.
+
*Which IHE profile to work from? There is another meeting Tuesday Q5. Minutes of that meeting are on the project wiki.
+
*February weekly conference calls for the profiling and the storyboarding. A Doodle poll will be created for the best date and time. Sandy Vance will take action on this.
 +
*Project plan for the whole adventure. Action: Sandy Vance.
 +
*Conference site requirements. Action: Sandy Vance.
 +
*(Learning) objectives. Is one of the action items.
 +
*Marketing and communication. All sponsors can use their own marketing and communication strategies for this. We will create a summary that can be used.
 +
*Next meeting of HL7 Nurse Group in May 2015 during the HL7 WGM in Paris, Tuesday Q0 (7.00 -8.00 am).
 +
*Next Project Core team meeting today at Q5 (5.00 - 7.00 pm).
 +
*Next meetins after the HL7 WGM: to be planned.
  
'''Next face to face meeting'''
 
In october in Atlanta during the HL7 WGM, tuesday Q0.
 
  
 
 
 
'''Present/Absent'''  
 
'''Present/Absent'''  
 
{| border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"
 
{| border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"
Line 55: Line 97:
 
|Present||Van Dyke, Patricia ||PD||Director, EDI, HL7 Co-chair EHR WG||patricia.vandyke@modahealth.com
 
|Present||Van Dyke, Patricia ||PD||Director, EDI, HL7 Co-chair EHR WG||patricia.vandyke@modahealth.com
 
|-
 
|-
|Absent||Reeves, Dianne||DR||NIH/NCI, HL7 Co-chair Clinical Interoperability Council (CIC)||reevesd@mail.nih.gov
+
|Present||Reeves, Dianne||DR||NIH/NCI, HL7 Co-chair Clinical Interoperability Council (CIC)||reevesd@mail.nih.gov
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Absent||Frean, Isobel||IF||Head of Health Infomatics, Corporate Medical, Bupa||isobel.frean@bupa.com
 
|Absent||Frean, Isobel||IF||Head of Health Infomatics, Corporate Medical, Bupa||isobel.frean@bupa.com
Line 63: Line 105:
 
|Absent||Weber, Patrick||PW||Nice Computing, NI2016 Local Organizing Committee (LOC)||patrick.weber@nicecomputing.ch
 
|Absent||Weber, Patrick||PW||Nice Computing, NI2016 Local Organizing Committee (LOC)||patrick.weber@nicecomputing.ch
 
|-
 
|-
|Absent||Sensmeier, Joyce||JS||VP Informatics at HIMSS, NI2016 Supportive committee||JSensmeier@himss.org
+
|Present||Sensmeier, Joyce||JS||VP Informatics at HIMSS, NI2016 Supportive committee||JSensmeier@himss.org
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Absent||Hübner, Ursula Hertha||UB||Prof. Dr. bei Fachhochschule Osnabrück, Germany||U.Huebner@hs-osnabrueck.de
 
|Absent||Hübner, Ursula Hertha||UB||Prof. Dr. bei Fachhochschule Osnabrück, Germany||U.Huebner@hs-osnabrueck.de
Line 71: Line 113:
 
|Absent||Whitewood-Moores, Zac||ZWM||Health and Social Care Information Centre||zac.whitewood-moores@hscic.gov.uk
 
|Absent||Whitewood-Moores, Zac||ZWM||Health and Social Care Information Centre||zac.whitewood-moores@hscic.gov.uk
 
|-
 
|-
|Absent||Taylor, Sheryl||ST||Booz Allen Hamilton||taylor-sheryl@bah.com
+
|Present||Taylor, Sheryl||ST||Booz Allen Hamilton||taylor-sheryl@bah.com
 
|-
 
|-
|Absent||Vance, Sandra||SV||HIMSS||svance@himss.org
+
|Present||Vance, Sandra||SV||HIMSS||svance@himss.org
 
|-
 
|-
|Absent||Leftwich, Russ||RL||TN eHealth||rleft@pobox.com
+
|Present||Leftwich, Russ||RL||TN eHealth||rleft@pobox.com
 
|-
 
|-
|Absent||Rubini, Juliet||JR||Mathematica||jrubini@mathematica-mpr.com
+
|Present||Rubini, Juliet||JR||Mathematica||jrubini@mathematica-mpr.com
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Present||Dolin, Gaye||GD||Intelligent Medical Objects, IMO||gdolin@imo-online.com
 
|Present||Dolin, Gaye||GD||Intelligent Medical Objects, IMO||gdolin@imo-online.com
 
|-
 
|-
|Absent||Hammond, Ed||EH||Duke University||william.hammond@duke.edu
+
|Present||Hammond, Ed||EH||Duke University||william.hammond@duke.edu
 
|-
 
|-
|Present||Hatem, John||GD||Director, Healthcare Product Strategy, Oracle Corporation - Healthcare||john.hatem@oracle.com
 
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 19:49, 18 May 2015

Minutes HL7 Nurse Group January 20 2015, HL7 WGM in San Antonio

NEED TO FINISH THIS!

Welcome

  • Pat welcomes everyone to the Nurse Group meeting during the HL7 WGM in San Antonio. We had an introduction round.


Agenda

  • The only item on the agenda this meeting will be the showcase connectathon during the Nursing Informatics conference June 2016, NI2016. See for more information about the conference http://ni2016.org/


Summary of what is done so far

  • William summarized the activities that is be done during the view conference calls we had with different people.
    • A Project Scope Stament, PSS, was created, reviewed and adjusted. Feedback is still welcome. Action: William will create a new version of the PSS.
    • The PSS is approved in the HL7 Patient Care WG, the Clinical Interoperability Council, CIC, and the Domain Experts Steering Division, DESD and will go through the formal HL7 process now.
    • Also IHE, HIMSS, IMIA-NI, ICN and Snomed CT International (before the IHTSDO) agreed on being formal partners/sponsors.
    • The showcase will be a volunteer event.


Project Scope Statement (PSS)

  • William created a PSS that was reviewed during the two conference calls, but also reviewed ofline by people that couldn't attend the calls. There are still some adjustments to maken, so he will create a new version of the PSS. For the PSS click HL7-IMIANI2016-PSS-NursingApplicationsShowcasev03-2015.docx -> need to create a link to the document.


Project structure

  • The membership of the Project Core team and the Project Support team is discussed.
  • Members in the Project Core team will be:
    • William Goossen,
    • Joyce Sensmeier,
    • Sandy Vance,
    • Emma Jones,
    • Laura Heermann Langford,
    • Patrick WEber,
    • Nick Hardiger,
    • Anneke Goossen Baremans.
  • Members in the Project Suppert team can come from:
    • HL7 nurses group
    • IMIA NI standardization group
    • IHE PCC group
    • Volunteers


Goal of the NI2016 showcase Engage nurses to use and refine clinical applications facilitating care, using interoperability standards during preparational connectathons and final showcase during the 13th international Nursing Informatics Conference June 25 to 29- 2016, Geneva, Switzerland.


Agreed on the following principles

  • Use existing standards and profiles
  • Accept some minor gaps
  • Add details to existing standards and profiles
  • Create a use case scenario document
  • Learn from existing experiences and connectathons / showcases


The following ideas were discussed

  • PCC profile, to be adjusted for purpose 2-2015
  • C-CDA care plan (as used in 2014)
  • Storyboards for the flow of nursing data 2-2015
  • Content: basic patient, person, provider, professional, location data (as in most CDA and v3 and FHIR)
  • Nursing content: vitals, assessment scales!
  • Nursing content: care plan?
  • Allow multiple standards to be applied (v3, CDA, FHIR, Services, etc)
  • Devices can play a role
  • Etc see PSS.
  • Ed Hammond suggest to have a provocative theme for the showcase. For example 'Who makes the best use of EHR, standards, etc doctors or nurses?'
  • The theme for NI2016 is 'eHealth for all'.


Steps to take?

  • Which IHE profile to work from? There is another meeting Tuesday Q5. Minutes of that meeting are on the project wiki.
  • February weekly conference calls for the profiling and the storyboarding. A Doodle poll will be created for the best date and time. Sandy Vance will take action on this.
  • Project plan for the whole adventure. Action: Sandy Vance.
  • Conference site requirements. Action: Sandy Vance.
  • (Learning) objectives. Is one of the action items.
  • Marketing and communication. All sponsors can use their own marketing and communication strategies for this. We will create a summary that can be used.
  • Next meeting of HL7 Nurse Group in May 2015 during the HL7 WGM in Paris, Tuesday Q0 (7.00 -8.00 am).
  • Next Project Core team meeting today at Q5 (5.00 - 7.00 pm).
  • Next meetins after the HL7 WGM: to be planned.


Present/Absent

Attending Name Initiaal Company/Affiliation Email Address
Present Goossen, William WG Results 4 Care, IMIA NI Representative NL wgoossen@results4care.nl
Present Goossen, Anneke AG Results 4 Care agoossen@results4care.nl
Present Heermann Langford, Laura LH Director of Nursing Informatics, Intermountain Healthcare, Co-chair HL7 Patient Care and Emergency WG, IHE Patient Care Coordination, PCC Laura.Heermann@imail.org
Present Van Dyke, Patricia PD Director, EDI, HL7 Co-chair EHR WG patricia.vandyke@modahealth.com
Present Reeves, Dianne DR NIH/NCI, HL7 Co-chair Clinical Interoperability Council (CIC) reevesd@mail.nih.gov
Absent Frean, Isobel IF Head of Health Infomatics, Corporate Medical, Bupa isobel.frean@bupa.com
Present Jones, Emma EJ Senior Business Analyst at Allscripts Emma.Jones@allscripts.com
Absent Weber, Patrick PW Nice Computing, NI2016 Local Organizing Committee (LOC) patrick.weber@nicecomputing.ch
Present Sensmeier, Joyce JS VP Informatics at HIMSS, NI2016 Supportive committee JSensmeier@himss.org
Absent Hübner, Ursula Hertha UB Prof. Dr. bei Fachhochschule Osnabrück, Germany U.Huebner@hs-osnabrueck.de
Absent Sharma, Rajendra RS The Coding Institute rajendra027@gmail.com
Absent Whitewood-Moores, Zac ZWM Health and Social Care Information Centre zac.whitewood-moores@hscic.gov.uk
Present Taylor, Sheryl ST Booz Allen Hamilton taylor-sheryl@bah.com
Present Vance, Sandra SV HIMSS svance@himss.org
Present Leftwich, Russ RL TN eHealth rleft@pobox.com
Present Rubini, Juliet JR Mathematica jrubini@mathematica-mpr.com
Present Dolin, Gaye GD Intelligent Medical Objects, IMO gdolin@imo-online.com
Present Hammond, Ed EH Duke University william.hammond@duke.edu