Return to Patient Care
Return to Vocabulary
Scope: Provide a set of classified requirements for the representation of negated clinical data, which standards developers can use to confirm coverage of requirements, demonstrate recommended patterns, and identify out-of-specification patterns.
Need: The ways current interoperability standards handle negation, or propose to do so,
- are inconsistent & may not support transformations among different standards
- may not support representation requirements
- may not support computation requirements
Having a consistently articulated set of clinical requirements will allow standards designers to confirm support for these requirements and to provide clear guidance on recommended and prohibited patterns.
- Link to call project meeting schedule (Summer 2018)
- Link to call: Fall 2017 planning in process
- Collect content representation requirements (examples) - Done
- Classify content representation examples - Done
- Collect consumption requirements - Done
- Revise outline
- Draft - Done
- Presentation to sponsor WGs
- Ballot submission
- TermInfo currently responding to FHIR request regarding PC requirement for "no known allergies" in Allergy resource.
- CIMI on threshold of addressing a pattern for absent findings, other 'negation' topics.
- Pattern follows SCT: evaluations of observables may have negative results; Assertions may have 'absent' context values
- 2018 Draft
- May 2017
- Negation Requirements Statement page
- Use Cases
- Negation Principles
- Negation Glossary
- Negation Sources
- Negation Outreach
- Negation transform examples