Return to Patient Care
Return to Vocabulary
Scope: Provide a set of classified requirements for the representation of negated clinical data, which standards developers can use to confirm coverage of requirements, demonstrate recommended patterns, and identify out-of-specification patterns.
Need: The ways current interoperability standards handle negation, or propose to do so,
- are inconsistent & may not support transformations among different standards
- may not support representation requirements
- may not support computation requirements
Having a consistently articulated set of clinical requirements will allow standards designers to confirm support for these requirements and to provide clear guidance on recommended and prohibited patterns.
- Collect examples - complete
- Classify examples - complete
- Identify other requirements
- Query requirements in process
- Review requirements with design teams
- Draft for review in January
- Assemble results
- TermInfo currently responding to FHIR request regarding PC requirement for "no known allergies" in Allergy resource.
- CIMI on threshold of addressing a pattern for absent findings, other 'negation' topics.
- Pattern follows SCT: evaluations of observables may have negative results; Assertions may have 'absent' context values
- Negation Requirements Statement page
- Use Cases
- Negation Principles
- Negation Glossary
- Negation Sources
- Negation Outreach