This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

MnM Minutes WGM 201701 San Antonio

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

MnM 2017 January San Antonio WGM Minutes

Return to MnM Minutes


Wed Q3


  • Lloyd McKenzie (chair)
  • Ron Shapiro (minutes)
  • Vassil Peytchev


  • Revised Ballot Process PSS
    • use a new tool to handle ballot comments and move away from spreadsheets
    • include support for mixed (Draft/STU/Normative) ballots (balloting of one artifact with a mixture of different ballot status artifacts)
    • pilot a "fake" ballot through the next ballot cycle
    • Movement for approval: Vassil Peytchev/Ron Shapiro: 2-0-0
  • Unified Terminology Governance Process PSS
    • develop a detailed process for unified vocabulary governance in HL7 across V2, V3, CDA and FHIR
    • use a new tool to handle requests, voting on requests and workflow around requests
    • Movement for approval: Ron Shapiro/Vassil Peytchev: 2-0-0

Review exceptions for warnings in FHIR STU3:

  • "WARNING:CarePlan.addresses Element names should be singular" and "WARNING:Goal.addresses Element names should be singular"
    • could enhance validation tool to check for Address data type, but meanwhile we will approve exceptions individually
    • Movement to approve exceptions: Ron Shapiro/Vassil Peytchev: 2-0-0

Tracker Items:

  • 12460 - Invariant on Timing - Day of Week and Time of Day - Persuasive with Mod
  • 12637 - change usage text for Timing element to allow for event usage - Persuasive

Thu Q2


  • Lloyd McKenzie (chair)
  • Ron Shapiro (minutes)
  • Elliot Silver
  • John Moehrke
  • Brad Genereaux

Review Media resource usage:

  • need to review the Media resource and identify how it is being used
  • stated purposes are now out of date and incorrect
  • discussion about Attachment data type and the inline data included
  • the inline data could be moved to a Binary resource
    • this could lend itself to allowing Security to be applied around the content of the Attachment
  • discussion about changing description on Media to better clarify intended uses
  • discussion about reference to/from Media resource and Observation/ImagingStudy/etc (Elliot will add CP)
  • discussion about using workflow patterns in the Media resource
  • added CP 12653 - DocumentReference.indexed
  • added and moved CP 12654 - DocumentReference, DocumentManifest and Media should be part of the Event pattern on the workflow page - Persuasive
  • added CP 12655 - DocumentManifest.content.pAttachment should be removed
  • added CP 12656 - Add relationship of Observation to Media
  • added and moved CP 12657 - Modify Media to align with Event pattern - Persuasive
  • discussion about changing the DICOM/ImagingStudy text in Boundaries and Relationship section on the Media resource (Elliot will add CP)
  • discussion about adding the Event pattern elements to DocumentReference and DocumentManifest (Elliot will add CP)
  • discussion about adding Media as a Reference option everywhere that Observation is currently used (Elliot will add CPs for each committee involved)

Thu Q5 - Facilitator's Roundtable


  • Abdul-Malik Shakir (Chair), Jean-Henri Duteau (Minutes)
  • Ted Klein (Vocabulary), Rik Smithies (Clinical Statement), Mead Walker (BR&R), Ewout Kramer (FHIR), Mary Kay McDaniel (PLA), Austin Kreisler (SD)


  • Harmonization Date Review - Ted Klein
  • Update on 'Future of V3' meeting - Jean Duteau
  • Introduction to CDA 2.1 - Austin Kreisler