MnM Minutes WGM 201601 Orlando
M&M Working Group Meeting - January 2016 - Orlando
Mon Q2 - Open Business
- Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting (chair)
- Elliot Silver, McKesson
We lacked quorum, and therefor took no action on the minutes listed above and moved them to the next MnM quarter.
Elliot Silver, who is a Co-Chair of the Imaging Integration Work Group (IIWG) came to this session because he was interested in the modeling and desirous of determining how best the IIWG should interact with the modeling and terminology aspects of Vocabulary and FHIR.
Beeler provided a brief, but brilliant, overview of the history of MnM, RIM and V3 and its relationships to FHIR. In discussion we agreed he should contact McKenzie regarding the RIM-mapping of the ImagingObjectSelection resource in FHIR, might avail himself of pizza at the Facilitator's Roundtable, and should contact Vocabulary in regards to establishing a Vocabulary Facilitator role for the IIWG, if that is needed.
Tue Q3 - Hosting FHIR Infrastructure
- TBD by FHIR
- Lloyd McKenzie (chair/scribe)
- Bob Bishop
- Dennis Patterson
- Ewout Kramer
- Ron Shapiro
- Michael Donnelly
- Joshua Mandel
- Kevin Shekleton
- Artem Sopin
- Mead Walker
How do _include and _revinclude work?
Question from Artem. Brief discussion and explanation of how these can be used.
Artem agreed to submit a change request to include a 'complex' example showing how multiple layers of _include, _revinclude and various other search parameters could be combined
How much consistency can we expect from servers?
Question from Artem. Short answer: none. In the base spec, servers are permitted to have a wide range of capabilities. Consistency around server capabilities can only be expected if the server capabilities are standardized by agreed profiles. Clients who want to work with a wide range of servers will need to query the Conformance instance of the server and adapt to what the server can manage and handle the rest itself and/or limit its own exposed capabilities to reflect those of the server.
each include codes defined in a code system that is not bound to the schema. For this reason, the codes defined in these 3 value sets are supposed to moved through harmonization to elsewhere
- timing=abbreviation - add to GTSAbbrevation
- identifier-type -> add to v2 table
- signature-type: policy question
See trackers for votes & details
Wed Q1 - Hosting Vocabulary and FHIR Infrastructure
- Signature type VS
- FHIR Code systems
- Expansion profile resource
- George Beeler (chair)
- Ted Klein
- Sheryl Taylor, NIST
- Sandy Stuart
- Grahame Grieve
- Carol Macumber
- Heather Grain
- Carmela Couderc
- Yunwei Wang
- Ron Shapiro
- Dave Carlson
- Peter Jordan
- Greg Gustafson
- Susan Barber
- Rob McClure
- Jay Lyle
- Oyrind Aassue
- Rob Hausam
- Masoud Hosseine
- Igor Gejdos
- Chris Grenz
Signature Type Value Set
Closed. Issues arise because of the use in this code system of OIDs for the primary code, and concern for IP issues with respect to ASTM. Grahame will communicate with Security work group to seek a path or alternative to the use of ASTM Code system ( see Urn iso-astm:E1762-95:2013)C
FHIR Code Systems
Should the FHIR "Terminology Service" be extended to provide access to Code Systems?
Good discussion and recognition that this is HARD to do, and we have not been able to find a partner that will take on support of HL7's terminology.
Solution: Create a CodeSystemInformation (or some such) resource in FHIR. This will provide the other information needed, but will not be a full-blown codes system maintenance environment.
For now, we need to address the immediate FHIR requirement and not try to extend to address all HL7 needs.
Motion: That FHIR move code system from being in-line in value set and make it a resource. That the scope of this resource is the existing code system definition with additional code system information to be determined but not terminology maintenance.
Grieve Moved, Hausam Seconded Passed unanimous
This has been implemented and is being implemented by Australia (Michael Lawley). Interesting discussion around whether an expansion should/could include codes that are not present int "current" version of a code system, but were present in the past. Discussion ended with no action, but principal discussants listened and learned from each other.
Wed Q2 - Hosting Vocabulary and FHIR Infrastructure
- DSTU Vocabulary Items for FHIR
- V3 in re data types
- Archive Project 761 - Information Model Metadata Documentation
- Vocabulary Processes for
- V2, CDA CIMI
- Beeler (chair)
Archive Project 761 - Information Model Metadata Documentation
McKenzie moves archive it. McClure Seconds Unanimous
TODO: MnM needs do this in Project Insight
V3 in re data types
Change proposal in regards to codes used in DT R2. Is actually a change to the Data Types R2 specification, but solely embodied in vocabulary tables. Lloyd suggests add codes to the code systems, but not to update the DT R2 release. Need to investigate relationship of V3 shcemas and the code system content.
Thu Q2 - Hosting FHIR Infrastructure
- McKenzie (chair)
Agenda Item 1 Goes here
Thu Q5 - Facilitators Roundtable
- Scheduling of the 2016 Harmonization deadlines and Meetings
- Seek comments from each represented Work Group of their intended Harmonization proposals
- Other Business
Attendees & Introductions
- Shakir (chair)
Scheduling of 2016 Harmonization
The following schedule works backwards from the planned "ballot open" dates as posted on the HL7 Website. In the following, the notation T1, T2 and T3 represent the first, second and third trimesters of the HL7 year.
T1 Harmonization March 1-3 2016 CONFLICT with HIMSS
- Initial Proposal Deadline January 31, 2016
- Final Proposal Deadline February 21, 2016
T2 Harmonization July 12-14 2016
- Initial Proposal Deadline June !2, 2016
- Final Proposal Deadline July 3, 2016
T3 Harmonization November 8-10 2016
- Initial Proposal Deadline October 9, 2016
- Final Proposal Deadline October 30, 2016