MnM Minutes WGM 201205 Vancouver
Return to MnM Minutes for 2012
- 1 Sunday Jan. 15 Q3
- 2 Monday May 14 Q1
- 3 Monday May 14 Q2
- 4 Monday May 14 Q3
- 5 Tuesday May 15 Q1
- 6 Tuesday May 15 Q2
- 7 Tuesday May 15 Q4
- 8 Wednesday May 16 Q1
- 9 Wednesday May 16 Q3
- 10 Thursday May 17 Evening
- 11 Friday May 18 Q1
Sunday Jan. 15 Q3
Woody Beeler, Jean Duteau, Austin Kreisler, Lloyd McKenzie, Rik Smithies, Andy Stechishin, Mead Walker, Grahame Grieve, Dale Nelson, Adel Ghemallah, Amnon Shabo, Lee Collier, Ann Wrightson, Adam Chee
Establish Agenda for WGM from Hot Topics and FHIR
- Reviewed the existing Hot Topics
- Reviewed when FHIR was going to be discussed in other committees
- Updated the Agenda with the proper quarters noted.
Monday May 14 Q1
Woody Beeler, Abdul-Malik Shakir, Lloyd McKenzie, Ann Wrightson, Ewout Kramer
SAIF Artifact Definition & Implementation Guide
Started discussing the list of SAIF Artifacts to be defined from the SAIF Artifact List page. Re-categorized this based on current views of requirements, including the anticipated inclusion of FHIR in the forthcoming cycles. Lloyd McKenzie collected and edited a Word Document of the result of this discussion. It was agreed to by those present and will be attached to these minutes and used to update the SAIF Artifact List page by gwb.
Abdul-Malik Shakir agreed to take on Project Lead for this project and Woody Beeler agreed to be the facilitator for the project. We will schedule a call to re-invigorate this definition activity.
Monday May 14 Q2
McKenzie, Beeler - Failed to reach quorum
Ballot Reconciliation for Core Principles R2
Discussed the issues raised on documentation of "isDocumentCharacteristic". Agreed to a strategy to correct, and that would issue second ballot on this item only.
Ballot Reconciliation for RIM R5
Considered how to respond to votes. Most related to "isDocumentCharacteristic" (above). Will treat as non-significant change, and not re-ballot.
All these decisions will be revisited on a Reconciliation Conference Call.
Monday May 14 Q3
Woody Beeler, Lee Coller, David Hay, Linda Bird, Henry Wijuya, Ewout Kramer, Rik Smithies, Tanya Achilles, Dale Nelson, Paul Knapp, Mark Tucker, Piers Hollott, Ann Wrightson, Bo Dagnell, Lloyd McKenzie, Brian Pech, Grahame Grieve
FHIR Data Types and Extant Data Types R3 Requests
- Do we do an R3?
- If so when? and
- What is the content difference?
ISSUES from FHIR:
- Will need to consider, with respect to FHIR, how to handle choices (selection of data type at instance time.)
- Grieve: "Lack of a typed identifier is a serious omission in V3" (most noticeable in CDA)
FHIR Changes in re R2:
- Structure of PQ with originalText
- Relaxing constraints on: TEL, CD, II
- Text content exists everywhere
- Additional nullFlavors - "process error", and "as text"
- Simpler version of GTS that might be of use in other settings
From R3 Page
The Data Types R3 Wiki page will be re-written to reflect these decisions. The following list is intended to summarize what will "go into" R3:
- Update IETF RFC number under Language data type (BASIC) from RFC 3066 to RFC 5646 (or the latest RFC number) (Wendy Huang)
- Address the issues raised by turn "II.scope into a mandatory attribute"
- Add note to integrity Check about it's utility with digital signatures
- Add ability to flag lists as unsorted.
- PIVL is unable to express that an interval starts at a time relative to another event.
- Make it explicitly obvious that relative URLs are allowed in CDA documents for URL types.
- Add a property to the CD datatype as "valueSetDefinition" with a datatype of ED intended to contain the CTS 2 (or possibly other) definition of the value set.
Whence DT R3?
Should follow the first cycle of FHIR deployment to gain experience before trying to tie down the R3 changes upon which FHIR is dependent.
Ergo: Initiate Data Type 3 project proposal discussion in January WGM 2013.