This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Difference between revisions of "MnM Minutes WGM 200909"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(New page: ==Sunday Q3== ===Agenda=== * Agenda Topics Review * Hot Topics Triage ===Minutes=== PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Lloyd McKenzie, Grahame Gieve, Rene Spronk, Andy Stechishin, Kathleen Connor, Pa...)
 
 
(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
[[Category:2009 MnM Minutes]]
 
==Sunday Q3==
 
==Sunday Q3==
 
===Agenda===
 
===Agenda===
Line 6: Line 7:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Lloyd McKenzie, Grahame Gieve, Rene Spronk, Andy Stechishin, Kathleen Connor, Patrick Loyd, Serafina Versaggi, Dale Nelson, John Roberts, Jean Duteau
 
PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Lloyd McKenzie, Grahame Gieve, Rene Spronk, Andy Stechishin, Kathleen Connor, Patrick Loyd, Serafina Versaggi, Dale Nelson, John Roberts, Jean Duteau
Set the Agenda
+
*Set the Agenda
Summarized the RIM Ballot comments
+
*Summarized the RIM Ballot comments
Summarized the Datatype Ballot comments
+
*Summarized the Datatype Ballot comments
Sumamrized the Core Principles Ballot comments
+
*Sumamrized the Core Principles Ballot comments
No Sun Q4 quarter as Russ Hamm will not be present
+
*No Sun Q4 quarter as Russ Hamm will not be present
  
 
==Monday Q3==
 
==Monday Q3==
Line 18: Line 19:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Dale Nelson, Andy Stechishin, Peter Hendlev, Ravi Natavagan
 
PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Dale Nelson, Andy Stechishin, Peter Hendlev, Ravi Natavagan
Line item 5 ñ May comments accepted are not yet implemented. RN/AS 4-0-0
+
*Line item 5 - May comments accepted are not yet implemented. RN/AS 4-0-0
Line 10,11 ñ Persuasive AS/DN 4-0-0
+
*Line 10,11 - Persuasive AS/DN 4-0-0
Line 12,13 ñ Change immutable ñ item was out of scope. NR - DN/AS 4-0-0
+
*Line 12,13 - Change immutable ñ item was out of scope. NR - DN/AS 4-0-0
Line 17 ñ Formal constraint on moodCode is redundant ñ Persuasive AS/DN 4-0-0
+
*Line 17 - Formal constraint on moodCode is redundant ñ Persuasive AS/DN 4-0-0
Line 18,21,23 ñ Open issues should be moved to tracker ñ Not Persuasive With Mod  AS/RN 4-0-0 -  Leave in open issues and MnM will seek a volunteer to add items to tracker.
+
*Line 18,21,23 - Open issues should be moved to tracker ñ Not Persuasive With Mod  AS/RN 4-0-0 -  Leave in open issues and MnM will seek a volunteer to add items to tracker.
Line 22 ñ NR DN/AS 4-0-0
 
 
MOTION: All Affirm (A-Q, A-S, A-T) dispositions as a block, as noted in ballot reconciliation sheet.  Line 2,3,4,5,6,11,12,13,16,17    AS/RN 4-0-0
 
MOTION: All Affirm (A-Q, A-S, A-T) dispositions as a block, as noted in ballot reconciliation sheet.  Line 2,3,4,5,6,11,12,13,16,17    AS/RN 4-0-0
 +
 +
MOTION: Line 22 - NR DN/AS 4-0-0
 +
 
MOTION: to reopen Line 12 DN/AS 5-0-0
 
MOTION: to reopen Line 12 DN/AS 5-0-0
Revote Line 12, new verbiage, Not Persuasive LM/AS 5-0-0
+
 
 +
MOTION: Revote Line 12, new verbiage, Not Persuasive LM/AS 5-0-0
 +
 
 
MOTION: Apply resolutions already reached to primary dispositions of resolution of duplicates. AS/LM 5-0-0
 
MOTION: Apply resolutions already reached to primary dispositions of resolution of duplicates. AS/LM 5-0-0
Discussed RIM artifact numbering, for future internal publishing artifacts. RIM 2.29 will be the internal artifact that is RIM R2. We will start new harmonizations with RIM 3.01.
+
 
 +
*Discussed RIM artifact numbering, for future internal publishing artifacts. RIM 2.29 will be the internal artifact that is RIM R2. We will start new harmonizations with RIM  
 +
3.01.
  
 
==Monday Q4==
 
==Monday Q4==
Line 38: Line 45:
 
ACTION: Grahame will rewrite 3.2.2 to focus on associations.  Refer to vocabulary instead of directly replicating it.  WB/LM 7-0-0
 
ACTION: Grahame will rewrite 3.2.2 to focus on associations.  Refer to vocabulary instead of directly replicating it.  WB/LM 7-0-0
 
3.4.1.2 - typo "...RIM is always an expressed or applied model."
 
3.4.1.2 - typo "...RIM is always an expressed or applied model."
 +
 
ACTION: Grahame will re-organize the sections (merge sections 2 and 3) to make the flow better especially as it relates to types, classes, and instances. PL/LM 6-0-0
 
ACTION: Grahame will re-organize the sections (merge sections 2 and 3) to make the flow better especially as it relates to types, classes, and instances. PL/LM 6-0-0
 
3.2 - remove the section and add a note that "datatype flavours are applied models" WB/LM 6-0-0
 
3.2 - remove the section and add a note that "datatype flavours are applied models" WB/LM 6-0-0
 +
 
ACTION: Woody will include the current dynamic model (on a no-questions-allowed basis) in Section 6 in order to have formal documentation of current practices. WB/DN 6-0-0
 
ACTION: Woody will include the current dynamic model (on a no-questions-allowed basis) in Section 6 in order to have formal documentation of current practices. WB/DN 6-0-0
 +
 
ACTION: Lloyd will include a definition of Focal Class in the Dynamic Model and ensure that is used correctly in other parts of the document. LM/WB 6-0-0
 
ACTION: Lloyd will include a definition of Focal Class in the Dynamic Model and ensure that is used correctly in other parts of the document. LM/WB 6-0-0
 +
 
ACTION: Lloyd will read the RCL and identify out-of-date content.  In this document, we will include a section that indicates pieces of RCL will be merged at a later date.  LM/WB 6-0-0
 
ACTION: Lloyd will read the RCL and identify out-of-date content.  In this document, we will include a section that indicates pieces of RCL will be merged at a later date.  LM/WB 6-0-0
 +
 
ACTION: Add a new section (Additional Considerations) and include Association NullFlavours, Update Mode, Accountability  GB/JD 6-0-0
 
ACTION: Add a new section (Additional Considerations) and include Association NullFlavours, Update Mode, Accountability  GB/JD 6-0-0
 +
 
ACTION: Add a note that "A DIM is not meant to be a serializable model."  GB/JD 6-0-0
 
ACTION: Add a note that "A DIM is not meant to be a serializable model."  GB/JD 6-0-0
 +
 
Other harmonizations were done as well.  GB/PL 6-0-0
 
Other harmonizations were done as well.  GB/PL 6-0-0
 +
 
Comments by Freida were disposed.  GB/DN 5-0-0
 
Comments by Freida were disposed.  GB/DN 5-0-0
  
Line 54: Line 69:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
PRESENT: Grahame Grieve, Dale Nelson, Rik Smithies, Jean Duteau, Lloyd McKenzie, Norman Daoust, Andy Stechishin, Ioana Singureanu
 
PRESENT: Grahame Grieve, Dale Nelson, Rik Smithies, Jean Duteau, Lloyd McKenzie, Norman Daoust, Andy Stechishin, Ioana Singureanu
 +
 
Discussion of II.type
 
Discussion of II.type
-Negative ballot comment against Abstract Datatypes asking about II.type.
+
*Negative ballot comment against Abstract Datatypes asking about II.type.
-There is no II.type - instead there is an OtherIDs pattern.  This pattern is listed on the Wiki and also in the Patient Administration DMIM.
+
*There is no II.type - instead there is an OtherIDs pattern.  This pattern is listed on the Wiki and also in the Patient Administration DMIM.
-We need to document this pattern so that people know what to use.  We also need to publicize the OtherIDs pattern.  We have a lack of written documentation, i.e. lore.
+
*We need to document this pattern so that people know what to use.  We also need to publicize the OtherIDs pattern.  We have a lack of written documentation, i.e. lore.
-NOTE: Implementers of CDA will be stuck since this pattern does not exist in CDA.
+
*NOTE: Implementers of CDA will be stuck since this pattern does not exist in CDA.
-Ioana and Lloyd agreed that there needs to be a set of things that facilitator's are made aware.
+
*Ioana and Lloyd agreed that there needs to be a set of things that facilitator's are made aware.
-There was a recollection of some previous documentation on this issue.
+
*There was a recollection of some previous documentation on this issue.
 +
 
 
MOTION:  
 
MOTION:  
-(Grahame) Add this subject to v3 Guide.
+
*(Grahame) Add this subject to v3 Guide.
-(Grahame) Add theory of this subject to Core Principles.   
+
*(Grahame) Add theory of this subject to Core Principles.   
-(Lloyd) Prepare some boilerplate attribute descriptive text about this to provide to the committees.   
+
*(Lloyd) Prepare some boilerplate attribute descriptive text about this to provide to the committees.   
-(Grahame) Recommend that SD publish a formal CDA extension.   
+
*(Grahame) Recommend that SD publish a formal CDA extension.   
-(Ioana) Prepare a QA guidance document, including this subject.   
+
*(Ioana) Prepare a QA guidance document, including this subject.   
-(Ioana) More active in pushing hot topic info out to MnM Facilitators.  Potentially send out a periodic "News from MnM" newsletter.
+
*(Ioana) More active in pushing hot topic info out to MnM Facilitators.  Potentially send out a periodic "News from MnM" newsletter.
-(Norman) Enhance the current PA DMIM model with information about the pattern.  LM/DN 7-0-0
+
*(Norman) Enhance the current PA DMIM model with information about the pattern.  LM/DN 7-0-0
 +
 
 
QA Checklist Brainstorming
 
QA Checklist Brainstorming
  
Line 78: Line 96:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Dale Nelson, Rene Sprong, Patrick Loyd, Nick Radov, Brian Pech, Rik Smithies
 
PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Dale Nelson, Rene Sprong, Patrick Loyd, Nick Radov, Brian Pech, Rik Smithies
 +
 
ACTION:
 
ACTION:
 
Discussed proposed solution involving new RIM Attribute to distinguish between abstractions (DEF, CRT) and the normal mood such as the ActMoodCompletionTrack fulfillment life cycle with different rules for the abstraction classes, specifically that all attributes and associations become part of the definition or criterion, and that Woody Beeler will try to present this concept in Q3 which is aimed at the same topic, with the goal to advance this to harmonization in Nov. 2009.
 
Discussed proposed solution involving new RIM Attribute to distinguish between abstractions (DEF, CRT) and the normal mood such as the ActMoodCompletionTrack fulfillment life cycle with different rules for the abstraction classes, specifically that all attributes and associations become part of the definition or criterion, and that Woody Beeler will try to present this concept in Q3 which is aimed at the same topic, with the goal to advance this to harmonization in Nov. 2009.
Line 84: Line 103:
 
RIM R2 Ballot reconcilliation.
 
RIM R2 Ballot reconcilliation.
 
1) How to deal with acknowledgements of authors in ballot material?  
 
1) How to deal with acknowledgements of authors in ballot material?  
RSpronk/RSmithiesS 5-0-0 Persuasive w/ mod ñ to Gunter Schadows negative comment r.e. RIM May 2009 -Add an acknowledgement paragraph in the preface that includes Shakir, Curry, Case, Schadow.
+
RSpronk/RSmithiesS 5-0-0 Persuasive w/ mod to Gunter Schadows negative comment r.e. RIM May 2009 -Add an acknowledgement paragraph in the preface that includes Shakir, Curry, Case, Schadow.
  
 
==Tuesday Q3==
 
==Tuesday Q3==
Line 92: Line 111:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
See wiki: Act_in_DEF_Mood#Recommendations
 
See wiki: Act_in_DEF_Mood#Recommendations
Outcome: We will add  RQO.CRT, INT.CRT, GOL.CRT, RSK.CRT.  Will add an open issue to DEF on the grounds that it may be equivalent to EVN.CRT.  Will also add Participation.criterionInd and an Act.recordStatusCode
+
 
Motion Austin/Gunther (8/2/2): Create a harmonization proposal (discussed on the wiki) to be drafted by Woody & Austin reflecting the above
+
OUTCOME: We will add  RQO.CRT, INT.CRT, GOL.CRT, RSK.CRT.  Will add an open issue to DEF on the grounds that it may be equivalent to EVN.CRT.  Will also add Participation.criterionInd and an Act.recordStatusCode
Objectors preferred to use a grouping Act rather than a criterionInd to manage the “author of criterion vs. criteria author”
+
 
 +
MOTION: Austin/Gunther (8/2/2): Create a harmonization proposal (discussed on the wiki) to be drafted by Woody & Austin reflecting the above
 +
*Objectors preferred to use a grouping Act rather than a criterionInd to manage the “author of criterion vs. criteria author”
  
 
==Tuesday Q4==
 
==Tuesday Q4==
Line 124: Line 145:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
PRESENT:
 
PRESENT:
Woody MnM
+
Woody (Chair), Rene(RIMBAA/InM), Ted(Vocab), Lloyd(MnM), Norm (PA), Craig (CDS), Dale (ITS), Bob (SD), Andy (Pub), Austin (PHER/OO), Charlie (CS), Jean (Pharmacy), Hugh(Medication), Gunther (OO/CPM), AMS (RCRIM/CSC), Grahame (MnM/SD), Julie (PatSafety)
Rene RIMBAA/InM
 
Ted Vocab - brief announcement (Heather)
 
Lloyd MnM
 
Norm PA (Wendy, Gregg)
 
Craig CDS
 
Dale ITS - report
 
Bob SD
 
Andy Pub
 
Austin PHER/OO
 
Charlie CStatement - report
 
Jean Pharmacy - two issues
 
Hugh Medication
 
Gunther OO/CPM
 
AMS RCRIM/CSC
 
Grahame MnM/SD - report
 
Woody MnM - report
 
Julie PatSafety - report
 
  
INM -v2 NullFlavour proposal has been dropped
+
INM  
-deblue blue classes - not the LanguageCommunication nor the Query classes
+
*v2 NullFlavour proposal has been dropped
-harmonization proposal will be forthcoming
+
*deblue blue classes - not the LanguageCommunication nor the Query classes
 +
**harmonization proposal will be forthcoming
  
PA -joint project proposal to define a SOA service for registries
+
PA
-there a bunch of CMETs that PA provides - they want to ensure that the CMETs they have fit committee's requirements
+
*joint project proposal to define a SOA service for registries
-RIM change - effectiveTime from IVL<TS> to QSET<TS>
+
*there a bunch of CMETs that PA provides - they want to ensure that the CMETs they have fit committee's requirements
 +
*RIM change - effectiveTime from IVL<TS> to QSET<TS>
  
ITS -took on SAEAF governance
+
ITS
-will be talking with committees to determine how to "make it better"
+
*took on SAEAF governance
-there is no normative schemas but there are normative specifications
+
*will be talking with committees to determine how to "make it better"
-they would welcome proposals for a schema specification proposal
+
*there is no normative schemas but there are normative specifications
-would welcome a work item to put together a list of QA measures for schemas
+
*they would welcome proposals for a schema specification proposal
-this is a matter of importance to develop a robust defect reporting scheme
+
*would welcome a work item to put together a list of QA measures for schemas
 +
**this is a matter of importance to develop a robust defect reporting scheme
  
SD -new co-chair (Grahame)
+
SD
-eMeasures balloted the RIM turned into an RMIM
+
*new co-chair (Grahame)
-had a discussion about the scope of the right side of the CDA R3
+
*eMeasures balloted the RIM turned into an RMIM
 +
*had a discussion about the scope of the right side of the CDA R3
  
Vocab -reengineering parts of the Harm process and how it works
+
Vocab
-produce Table396 out of the OID registry
+
*reengineering parts of the Harm process and how it works
-CTS II specs - there will be a little bit of work but it will be brought to the TSC in November
+
*produce Table396 out of the OID registry
-work on Core Principles document
+
*CTS II specs - there will be a little bit of work but it will be brought to the TSC in November
-work will begin on the Glossary to make it consistent and be able to leverage international work
+
*work on Core Principles document
-proposal for a joint project to develop a conformance document on the representation of vocabulary
+
*work will begin on the Glossary to make it consistent and be able to leverage international work
-also looking at conformance for post-coordination in conjunction with IHTSDO
+
*proposal for a joint project to develop a conformance document on the representation of vocabulary
 +
*also looking at conformance for post-coordination in conjunction with IHTSDO
  
OO -dealing with SAEAF project for Composite Order
+
OO
-dealing with SD on the model consistency issues between CDA R3 and Order
+
*dealing with SAEAF project for Composite Order
 +
*dealing with SD on the model consistency issues between CDA R3 and Order
  
CS -problems with the understanding of patterns
+
CS
-there will be hot topic on the creation and use of patterns in our methodology
+
*problems with the understanding of patterns
-contextConduction needs to be sorted out
+
*there will be hot topic on the creation and use of patterns in our methodology
 +
*contextConduction needs to be sorted out
  
Pharm -where should DetectedIssue reside?  Patient Care
+
Pharm
Med -moving all of our topics to normative
+
*where should DetectedIssue reside?  Patient Care
-Drug Knowledgebase (Jan 2010), Pharmacy CMETs (May 2010), Medication Dispense (May 2010), Patient-Specific Queries (May 2010)
 
-Medication CMETs - will be harmonized with CPM
 
  
CPM -harmonization proposals will be made so that it will pass ballot in Jan 2010
+
Med
 +
*moving all of our topics to normative
 +
*Drug Knowledgebase (Jan 2010), Pharmacy CMETs (May 2010), Medication Dispense (May 2010), Patient-Specific Queries (May 2010)
 +
*Medication CMETs - will be harmonized with CPM
  
DTypes -harmonization proposals for datatypes
+
CPM
-DTypes R3 will be started - GForge will be created
+
*harmonization proposals will be made so that it will pass ballot in Jan 2010
-existing ballot comments that were out of scope - will be sent to the commenters to be submitted as R3
 
-DTypes R2 schemas will be released next week
 
  
MnM -Rim 2.27 will be DT R2, Rim 2.26 will be DT R1
+
DTypes
-NHS SMD will be available in December
+
*harmonization proposals for datatypes
-By the end of the next year, we would be fully converted to the new SMD
+
*DTypes R3 will be started - GForge will be created
-Vocabulary management will follow after
+
*existing ballot comments that were out of scope - will be sent to the commenters to be submitted as R3
-Behavioural Framework will follow last
+
*DTypes R2 schemas will be released next week
-Will convert to MIF-based publishing sometime mid-summer
 
  
-NE2010 deadlines
+
MnM
-reconciliation will be complete by the beginning of January
+
*Rim 2.27 will be DT R2, Rim 2.26 will be DT R1
-by the end of January WGM, material will be pulled if not complete
+
*NHS SMD will be available in December
 +
*By the end of the next year, we would be fully converted to the new SMD
 +
**Vocabulary management will follow after
 +
*Behavioural Framework will follow last
 +
*Will convert to MIF-based publishing sometime mid-summer
 +
 
 +
*NE2010 deadlines
 +
**reconciliation will be complete by the beginning of January
 +
**by the end of January WGM, material will be pulled if not complete
 
 
 
 
 
Shadow relationships
 
Shadow relationships
-with relationship clones, it appears that the target is associated with two sources.  But since it is not traversable, this is not actually true.
+
*with relationship clones, it appears that the target is associated with two sources.  But since it is not traversable, this is not actually true.
-rules were added to clarify the use of shadows in models
+
*rules were added to clarify the use of shadows in models
  
 
Harmonization
 
Harmonization
-November 18-20th in San Francisco
+
*November 18-20th in San Francisco
-For 2010, harmonization will be 3 weeks before ballot opening
+
*For 2010, harmonization will be 3 weeks before ballot opening
  
  
Line 217: Line 234:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
PRESENT: Woody Beelers, Dale Nelson, Rene Spronk, Narciso Albarracin, Jim Carlson, Andy Stechishin, Lloyd McKenzie, Grahame Grieve
 
PRESENT: Woody Beelers, Dale Nelson, Rene Spronk, Narciso Albarracin, Jim Carlson, Andy Stechishin, Lloyd McKenzie, Grahame Grieve
 +
 
Updated MnM Mission and Charter statement.
 
Updated MnM Mission and Charter statement.
 +
 
MOTION: AS/DN 6-0-0  MnM will adopt changes and forward to TSC.
 
MOTION: AS/DN 6-0-0  MnM will adopt changes and forward to TSC.
  
Line 223: Line 242:
  
 
Strategic Plan updates:
 
Strategic Plan updates:
? Add project for completeing DT R2 and show it as finished.
+
*Add project for completeing DT R2 and show it as finished.
? Add project for Data Types R3 now, to collect comments, but will not bring forward until adequate requirements are collected. 2010 requirements, 2011 Prep and ballot.
+
*Add project for Data Types R3 now, to collect comments, but will not bring forward until adequate requirements are collected. 2010 requirements, 2011 Prep and ballot.
? Extend Core Principles into 2010 (2 cycles)
+
*Extend Core Principles into 2010 (2 cycles)
? Integrate Core Principles with EAF handbook.
+
*Integrate Core Principles with EAF handbook.
? Create a Static Model QA checklist.
+
*Create a Static Model QA checklist.
? Support of HDF with EAF documentation.
+
*Support of HDF with EAF documentation.
? Add CMET activity for 3rd trimester
+
*Add CMET activity for 3rd trimester
  
 
MOTION: GG/AS 7-0-0 MnM to accept above list.
 
MOTION: GG/AS 7-0-0 MnM to accept above list.
  
 
Updated schedule for Phoenix. Woody will coordinate with Jean Duteau and coordinate with Lillian.
 
Updated schedule for Phoenix. Woody will coordinate with Jean Duteau and coordinate with Lillian.

Latest revision as of 01:01, 21 May 2010

Sunday Q3

Agenda

  • Agenda Topics Review
  • Hot Topics Triage

Minutes

PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Lloyd McKenzie, Grahame Gieve, Rene Spronk, Andy Stechishin, Kathleen Connor, Patrick Loyd, Serafina Versaggi, Dale Nelson, John Roberts, Jean Duteau

  • Set the Agenda
  • Summarized the RIM Ballot comments
  • Summarized the Datatype Ballot comments
  • Sumamrized the Core Principles Ballot comments
  • No Sun Q4 quarter as Russ Hamm will not be present

Monday Q3

Agenda

  • RIM Ballot Reconciliation

Minutes

PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Dale Nelson, Andy Stechishin, Peter Hendlev, Ravi Natavagan

  • Line item 5 - May comments accepted are not yet implemented. RN/AS 4-0-0
  • Line 10,11 - Persuasive AS/DN 4-0-0
  • Line 12,13 - Change immutable ñ item was out of scope. NR - DN/AS 4-0-0
  • Line 17 - Formal constraint on moodCode is redundant ñ Persuasive AS/DN 4-0-0
  • Line 18,21,23 - Open issues should be moved to tracker ñ Not Persuasive With Mod AS/RN 4-0-0 - Leave in open issues and MnM will seek a volunteer to add items to tracker.

MOTION: All Affirm (A-Q, A-S, A-T) dispositions as a block, as noted in ballot reconciliation sheet. Line 2,3,4,5,6,11,12,13,16,17 AS/RN 4-0-0

MOTION: Line 22 - NR DN/AS 4-0-0

MOTION: to reopen Line 12 DN/AS 5-0-0

MOTION: Revote Line 12, new verbiage, Not Persuasive LM/AS 5-0-0

MOTION: Apply resolutions already reached to primary dispositions of resolution of duplicates. AS/LM 5-0-0

  • Discussed RIM artifact numbering, for future internal publishing artifacts. RIM 2.29 will be the internal artifact that is RIM R2. We will start new harmonizations with RIM

3.01.

Monday Q4

Agenda

  • Core Principles Reconcilliation

Minutes

PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Grahame Grieve, Dale Nelson, Patrick Loyd, Lyssa Neel, Bernard Jackson, Jean Duteau, Lloyd McKenzie ACTION: Grahame will rewrite 3.2.2 to focus on associations. Refer to vocabulary instead of directly replicating it. WB/LM 7-0-0 3.4.1.2 - typo "...RIM is always an expressed or applied model."

ACTION: Grahame will re-organize the sections (merge sections 2 and 3) to make the flow better especially as it relates to types, classes, and instances. PL/LM 6-0-0 3.2 - remove the section and add a note that "datatype flavours are applied models" WB/LM 6-0-0

ACTION: Woody will include the current dynamic model (on a no-questions-allowed basis) in Section 6 in order to have formal documentation of current practices. WB/DN 6-0-0

ACTION: Lloyd will include a definition of Focal Class in the Dynamic Model and ensure that is used correctly in other parts of the document. LM/WB 6-0-0

ACTION: Lloyd will read the RCL and identify out-of-date content. In this document, we will include a section that indicates pieces of RCL will be merged at a later date. LM/WB 6-0-0

ACTION: Add a new section (Additional Considerations) and include Association NullFlavours, Update Mode, Accountability GB/JD 6-0-0

ACTION: Add a note that "A DIM is not meant to be a serializable model." GB/JD 6-0-0

Other harmonizations were done as well. GB/PL 6-0-0

Comments by Freida were disposed. GB/DN 5-0-0

Tuesday Q1

Agenda

  • Hot Topics: Types of II

Minutes

PRESENT: Grahame Grieve, Dale Nelson, Rik Smithies, Jean Duteau, Lloyd McKenzie, Norman Daoust, Andy Stechishin, Ioana Singureanu

Discussion of II.type

  • Negative ballot comment against Abstract Datatypes asking about II.type.
  • There is no II.type - instead there is an OtherIDs pattern. This pattern is listed on the Wiki and also in the Patient Administration DMIM.
  • We need to document this pattern so that people know what to use. We also need to publicize the OtherIDs pattern. We have a lack of written documentation, i.e. lore.
  • NOTE: Implementers of CDA will be stuck since this pattern does not exist in CDA.
  • Ioana and Lloyd agreed that there needs to be a set of things that facilitator's are made aware.
  • There was a recollection of some previous documentation on this issue.

MOTION:

  • (Grahame) Add this subject to v3 Guide.
  • (Grahame) Add theory of this subject to Core Principles.
  • (Lloyd) Prepare some boilerplate attribute descriptive text about this to provide to the committees.
  • (Grahame) Recommend that SD publish a formal CDA extension.
  • (Ioana) Prepare a QA guidance document, including this subject.
  • (Ioana) More active in pushing hot topic info out to MnM Facilitators. Potentially send out a periodic "News from MnM" newsletter.
  • (Norman) Enhance the current PA DMIM model with information about the pattern. LM/DN 7-0-0

QA Checklist Brainstorming

Tuesday Q2

Agenda

  • Hot topic: Some properties of a requested-activity that is requested to be performed can't be conveyed.
  • Further discussion on other MnM issues: Additional negative RIM comment from May 2009.

Minutes

PRESENT: Woody Beeler, Dale Nelson, Rene Sprong, Patrick Loyd, Nick Radov, Brian Pech, Rik Smithies

ACTION: Discussed proposed solution involving new RIM Attribute to distinguish between abstractions (DEF, CRT) and the normal mood such as the ActMoodCompletionTrack fulfillment life cycle with different rules for the abstraction classes, specifically that all attributes and associations become part of the definition or criterion, and that Woody Beeler will try to present this concept in Q3 which is aimed at the same topic, with the goal to advance this to harmonization in Nov. 2009.

ACTION: RIM R2 Ballot reconcilliation. 1) How to deal with acknowledgements of authors in ballot material? RSpronk/RSmithiesS 5-0-0 Persuasive w/ mod to Gunter Schadows negative comment r.e. RIM May 2009 -Add an acknowledgement paragraph in the preface that includes Shakir, Curry, Case, Schadow.

Tuesday Q3

Agenda

  • Hot topics: Requests vs. Requested, CRT & DEF mood

Minutes

See wiki: Act_in_DEF_Mood#Recommendations

OUTCOME: We will add RQO.CRT, INT.CRT, GOL.CRT, RSK.CRT. Will add an open issue to DEF on the grounds that it may be equivalent to EVN.CRT. Will also add Participation.criterionInd and an Act.recordStatusCode

MOTION: Austin/Gunther (8/2/2): Create a harmonization proposal (discussed on the wiki) to be drafted by Woody & Austin reflecting the above

  • Objectors preferred to use a grouping Act rather than a criterionInd to manage the “author of criterion vs. criteria author”

Tuesday Q4

Agenda

  • Core Principles Reconcilliation

Minutes

Wednesday Q1,Q2 - Joint with Vocabulary

Agenda

  • Core Principles Reconcilliation

Minutes

See Vocabulary Minutes

Wednesday Q3,Q4 - Joint with InM,SOA

Agenda

  • SAEAF Behavorial Framework

Minutes

See InM/SOA Minutes

Thursday Evening -- Facilitators' Roundtable

Agenda

  • Future Harmonization Dates and Plans
  • Review Methodology, Vocabulary, Modeling Issues during WGM
  • Summary of M&M Activities

Minutes

PRESENT: Woody (Chair), Rene(RIMBAA/InM), Ted(Vocab), Lloyd(MnM), Norm (PA), Craig (CDS), Dale (ITS), Bob (SD), Andy (Pub), Austin (PHER/OO), Charlie (CS), Jean (Pharmacy), Hugh(Medication), Gunther (OO/CPM), AMS (RCRIM/CSC), Grahame (MnM/SD), Julie (PatSafety)

INM

  • v2 NullFlavour proposal has been dropped
  • deblue blue classes - not the LanguageCommunication nor the Query classes
    • harmonization proposal will be forthcoming

PA

  • joint project proposal to define a SOA service for registries
  • there a bunch of CMETs that PA provides - they want to ensure that the CMETs they have fit committee's requirements
  • RIM change - effectiveTime from IVL<TS> to QSET<TS>

ITS

  • took on SAEAF governance
  • will be talking with committees to determine how to "make it better"
  • there is no normative schemas but there are normative specifications
  • they would welcome proposals for a schema specification proposal
  • would welcome a work item to put together a list of QA measures for schemas
    • this is a matter of importance to develop a robust defect reporting scheme

SD

  • new co-chair (Grahame)
  • eMeasures balloted the RIM turned into an RMIM
  • had a discussion about the scope of the right side of the CDA R3

Vocab

  • reengineering parts of the Harm process and how it works
  • produce Table396 out of the OID registry
  • CTS II specs - there will be a little bit of work but it will be brought to the TSC in November
  • work on Core Principles document
  • work will begin on the Glossary to make it consistent and be able to leverage international work
  • proposal for a joint project to develop a conformance document on the representation of vocabulary
  • also looking at conformance for post-coordination in conjunction with IHTSDO

OO

  • dealing with SAEAF project for Composite Order
  • dealing with SD on the model consistency issues between CDA R3 and Order

CS

  • problems with the understanding of patterns
  • there will be hot topic on the creation and use of patterns in our methodology
  • contextConduction needs to be sorted out

Pharm

  • where should DetectedIssue reside? Patient Care

Med

  • moving all of our topics to normative
  • Drug Knowledgebase (Jan 2010), Pharmacy CMETs (May 2010), Medication Dispense (May 2010), Patient-Specific Queries (May 2010)
  • Medication CMETs - will be harmonized with CPM

CPM

  • harmonization proposals will be made so that it will pass ballot in Jan 2010

DTypes

  • harmonization proposals for datatypes
  • DTypes R3 will be started - GForge will be created
  • existing ballot comments that were out of scope - will be sent to the commenters to be submitted as R3
  • DTypes R2 schemas will be released next week

MnM

  • Rim 2.27 will be DT R2, Rim 2.26 will be DT R1
  • NHS SMD will be available in December
  • By the end of the next year, we would be fully converted to the new SMD
    • Vocabulary management will follow after
  • Behavioural Framework will follow last
  • Will convert to MIF-based publishing sometime mid-summer
  • NE2010 deadlines
    • reconciliation will be complete by the beginning of January
    • by the end of January WGM, material will be pulled if not complete


Shadow relationships

  • with relationship clones, it appears that the target is associated with two sources. But since it is not traversable, this is not actually true.
  • rules were added to clarify the use of shadows in models

Harmonization

  • November 18-20th in San Francisco
  • For 2010, harmonization will be 3 weeks before ballot opening


Friday Q1

Agenda

  • Discuss MnM Mission and Charter statement
  • Set Fall Agenda

Minutes

PRESENT: Woody Beelers, Dale Nelson, Rene Spronk, Narciso Albarracin, Jim Carlson, Andy Stechishin, Lloyd McKenzie, Grahame Grieve

Updated MnM Mission and Charter statement.

MOTION: AS/DN 6-0-0 MnM will adopt changes and forward to TSC.

Review SWOT. Woody asserts the pdf has not changed since 2008, we agree it still is representative.

Strategic Plan updates:

  • Add project for completeing DT R2 and show it as finished.
  • Add project for Data Types R3 now, to collect comments, but will not bring forward until adequate requirements are collected. 2010 requirements, 2011 Prep and ballot.
  • Extend Core Principles into 2010 (2 cycles)
  • Integrate Core Principles with EAF handbook.
  • Create a Static Model QA checklist.
  • Support of HDF with EAF documentation.
  • Add CMET activity for 3rd trimester

MOTION: GG/AS 7-0-0 MnM to accept above list.

Updated schedule for Phoenix. Woody will coordinate with Jean Duteau and coordinate with Lillian.