MnM Minutes CC 20070615
- Kathleen Connor
- Lee Coller
- Ioana Singureanu
- Lloyd McKenzie
- Rick Chesnik
- John Cooper
- Dale Nelson
- (Lloyd): Administrative topic: Dynamic Model - agenda
- (Lloyd): Hot Topics: Act Reference - postponed for next WGM because this topic requires input from INM.
Mottion to accept agenda: (No objections)
Administrative Topic: Dynamic Model
Desinging system behaviors is pervasive in HL7. We have a variety of constructs (Applications Roles, SOA Services, interactions) There was a general consensus that changing the identifier of an artifact should not be regarded as substantive. Some felt that a move to non-meaningful identifiers would be useful.
We need to separate the maintenance of semantic domains from the maintenance of publishing topics.
Gregg asked when the tooling for publishing could support levels of models as the MIF does? Woody suggested that this would probably be about 18 months out.
For now, Clinical Decision Support will publish as one domain with two topics.
Agreed to publish an item on the Wiki relative to "What is a Domain". Among the points of agreement were:
- All artifacts should derive from some coherent set of knowledge as represented in a single model. This is a "semantic domain" and is the focus of an HDF DIM.
- Publishing should be able to aggregate content from semantic domains into collections that are useful for committees that address multiple semantic domains
- Future (18 moths or more out) tooling will allow such publishing, as the MIF allows for such distinctions
- Today, several committees are using a single "publishing domain" (really just a package) to publish multiple "semantic domains" each as a topic, including Decision Support, Patient Administration, Common Messages, and Patient Care.
- Other committees are maintaining correct semantic domains, such as Pharmacy with Medication and RX. and Lab with OO, LB, SP.
- Publishing should determine which pattern is being followed in each of today's "Domains" and should require:
- That the style be declared at the front of the domain introduction
- That a committee not do both. That is, in each publishing domain either every topic is a semantic domain or all of the topics are in a single semantic domain. Note: This may represent an issue for Patient Care.
From the Secretary If you take issue with this list, please use the new Wiki entry - Domain_Message_Information_Model#What is a domain to comment.
Dynamic Model Agenda
Edited the form on-screen. Agreed to submit as marked. Beeler will finish and submit the form. Nelson will submit new Project Scope Statement for CMETs Release 6 (those that were in Committee) - The new Project was moved by Nelson, seconded by Beeler and Approved unanimously.
The CBC form, as submitted is available on this Wiki and also at http://www.hl7.org/library/committees/mnm/minutes/CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete 20070119.pdf.
Minutes by Ioana Singureanu ioana13