This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "MnM Minutes CC 20070615"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 11: Line 11:
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
  
*''(Lloyd/Ioana)'': Administrative topic: [[Dynamic_Model|Dynamic Model]] - continued disucussion with input from Publishing.
+
*''(Lloyd)'': Administrative topic: [[Dynamic_Model|Dynamic Model]] - agenda
*''(Lloyd)'': Hot Topics: [[Ac
+
*''(Lloyd)'': Hot Topics: [[Act_Reference| Act Reference]] - postponed for next WGM because this topic requires input from INM.
*''(Craig)'': Schedule for RIM Harmonization & Interim Meeting in March - We need to finalize this so HQ can send out a meeting announcement.
 
*''(Dale)'': Complete "Common Ballot Cycle Information" forms for MnM ballot documents (we have 9: CMETs, Constraints, Data Type Specializations, HDF, Template Architecture, Refinement Constraint & Localization chapter, etc etc)
 
*''(Craig)'': Meeting Schedule for Köln WGM - Do we want to plan on meeting Sunday Q3 through Friday Q2 as usual?  What joint sessions are we planning on?  We need to submit our online request for meeting rooms this weekend.
 
  
Mottion to accept agenda: (Dale/Mead - No objections)
+
Mottion to accept agenda: (No objections)
  
 
===Administrative Topic: [[Dynamic_Model|Dynamic Model]]===
 
===Administrative Topic: [[Dynamic_Model|Dynamic Model]]===
Line 43: Line 40:
 
'''From the Secretary''' If you take issue with this list, please use the new Wiki entry - [[Domain_Message_Information_Model#What is a domain]] to comment.
 
'''From the Secretary''' If you take issue with this list, please use the new Wiki entry - [[Domain_Message_Information_Model#What is a domain]] to comment.
  
===Complete "Current Ballot Cycle Information" forms===
+
===Dynamic Model Agenda===
 
Edited the form on-screen. Agreed to submit as marked.  Beeler will finish and submit the form. Nelson will submit new Project Scope Statement for CMETs Release 6 (those that were in Committee) - The new Project was moved by Nelson, seconded by Beeler and Approved unanimously.
 
Edited the form on-screen. Agreed to submit as marked.  Beeler will finish and submit the form. Nelson will submit new Project Scope Statement for CMETs Release 6 (those that were in Committee) - The new Project was moved by Nelson, seconded by Beeler and Approved unanimously.
  
 
The CBC form, as submitted is available [[Media:CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete 20070119.pdf|on this Wiki]] and also at [http://www.hl7.org/library/committees/mnm/minutes/CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete%2020070119.pdf http://www.hl7.org/library/committees/mnm/minutes/CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete 20070119.pdf].
 
The CBC form, as submitted is available [[Media:CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete 20070119.pdf|on this Wiki]] and also at [http://www.hl7.org/library/committees/mnm/minutes/CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete%2020070119.pdf http://www.hl7.org/library/committees/mnm/minutes/CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete 20070119.pdf].
  
===May WGM Scheduling===
 
Craig Parker will submit a schedule that mirrors the one used in San Diego.  M&M can refine this at later meetings.
 
===Interim Meeting Schedule===
 
:Tuesday & Wednesday - March 13 & 14
 
::devoted to RIM and Vocabulary Harmonization in the Universal, Representative and Example realms
 
:Thursday AM March 15
 
::Vocabulary Harmonization for US Realm
 
:Thursday PM March 15
 
::Tooling Committee - MIF review
 
:Friday March 16
 
::'''NO MEETING'''
 
  
===[[Use of IDENT Role Class]]===
 
Statement of problem and proposed solution are [[Use of IDENT Role Class|on the Wiki]].  People who have in interest in this issue are '''strongly encouraged''' to review the Wiki content and add their thoughts to the Discussion section there.
 
  
 
Minutes by Ioana Singureanu [[User:ioana13|ioana13]]
 
Minutes by Ioana Singureanu [[User:ioana13|ioana13]]

Revision as of 19:39, 15 June 2007

Attendees

  • Kathleen Connor
  • Lee Coller
  • Ioana Singureanu
  • Lloyd McKenzie
  • Rick Chesnik
  • John Cooper
  • Dale Nelson


Agenda

  • (Lloyd): Administrative topic: Dynamic Model - agenda
  • (Lloyd): Hot Topics: Act Reference - postponed for next WGM because this topic requires input from INM.

Mottion to accept agenda: (No objections)

Administrative Topic: Dynamic Model

Desinging system behaviors is pervasive in HL7. We have a variety of constructs (Applications Roles, SOA Services, interactions) There was a general consensus that changing the identifier of an artifact should not be regarded as substantive. Some felt that a move to non-meaningful identifiers would be useful.

We need to separate the maintenance of semantic domains from the maintenance of publishing topics.

Gregg asked when the tooling for publishing could support levels of models as the MIF does? Woody suggested that this would probably be about 18 months out.

For now, Clinical Decision Support will publish as one domain with two topics.

Agreed to publish an item on the Wiki relative to "What is a Domain". Among the points of agreement were:

  • All artifacts should derive from some coherent set of knowledge as represented in a single model. This is a "semantic domain" and is the focus of an HDF DIM.
  • Publishing should be able to aggregate content from semantic domains into collections that are useful for committees that address multiple semantic domains
  • Future (18 moths or more out) tooling will allow such publishing, as the MIF allows for such distinctions
  • Today, several committees are using a single "publishing domain" (really just a package) to publish multiple "semantic domains" each as a topic, including Decision Support, Patient Administration, Common Messages, and Patient Care.
  • Other committees are maintaining correct semantic domains, such as Pharmacy with Medication and RX. and Lab with OO, LB, SP.
  • Publishing should determine which pattern is being followed in each of today's "Domains" and should require:
    • That the style be declared at the front of the domain introduction
    • That a committee not do both. That is, in each publishing domain either every topic is a semantic domain or all of the topics are in a single semantic domain. Note: This may represent an issue for Patient Care.

From the Secretary If you take issue with this list, please use the new Wiki entry - Domain_Message_Information_Model#What is a domain to comment.

Dynamic Model Agenda

Edited the form on-screen. Agreed to submit as marked. Beeler will finish and submit the form. Nelson will submit new Project Scope Statement for CMETs Release 6 (those that were in Committee) - The new Project was moved by Nelson, seconded by Beeler and Approved unanimously.

The CBC form, as submitted is available on this Wiki and also at http://www.hl7.org/library/committees/mnm/minutes/CBC_INFO_MNM_2007MAY-Complete 20070119.pdf.


Minutes by Ioana Singureanu ioana13