Migration from HL7 v2 to HL7 v3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains information about the migration from HL7 version 2 to HL7 version 3. This includes the following aspects:
- The translation from HL7 version 2 messages to HL7 version 3 message structures
- This includes the strategy of extending the current HL7 version 2 messages to facilitate the translation process.
- The implementation of a HL7 version 3 interfaces next to existing HL7 version 2 interfaces
- The following page needs to be sourced for concepts: Implementation FAQ:Migration from version 2
- The issue is also covered by a module in the 'HL7 v3 implementation training' (module xx, available at xxxURL)
- See also , a whitepaper which contains examples translated between HL7 v2 and HL7 v3.