Difference between revisions of "Microbiology Reporting"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 15:51, 6 June 2012
Microbiology Reporting Use Case
The purpose of this use case is to identify guidelines in the domain of microbiology reporting terminology when using LOINC for the observation and SNOMED CT for the result value.
V2, V3 & CDA
The guidelines will cover the LOINC observations used in Microbiology reporting where a coded result value is a recommended option and include recommendations and guidance on:
- The use of interpretation of the result value
- When to use generic LOINC observations and organism specific observations.
- With each of the generic and organism specific observations guidelines on the type of result value codes should be used and which ones should be avoided
- The use of specimen information
- The use of method information
- The use of isolate observations & result value
- The use of sensitivity observations and result values
There are open projects at IHTSDO. This work will include collaboration with IHTSDO associated work.