This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Difference between revisions of "May 30, 2013 Financial Management Work Group Conference Call May 30, 2013"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "=== Conference Call Schedule === *Occurs on Thursday May 30, June 27, July 25, and Aug 29 @ 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-04:00) *Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 ...")
 
Line 3: Line 3:
 
*Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 686300# (alternative for US if the first number doesn't work: +1 888-321-4501)
 
*Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 686300# (alternative for US if the first number doesn't work: +1 888-321-4501)
 
==May 30, 2013 Call Agenda==
 
==May 30, 2013 Call Agenda==
==Anticipated Attendees==
+
 
* [mailto:Kathleen.Connor@comcast.net Kathleen Connor] Co-chair
 
* [mailto:pknapp@pknapp.com Paul Knapp] Co-chair
 
* [mailto:Beat.Heggli@nexus-schweiz.ch Beat Heggli] Co-chair
 
* [mailto:zmoradi2005@gmail.com Zahra Moradi]>
 
 
==Agenda Topics==
 
==Agenda Topics==
 
# (10  min) Roll Call, call for agenda item, approve Atlanta WGM Minutes
 
# (10  min) Roll Call, call for agenda item, approve Atlanta WGM Minutes
 
# (45 min) FHIR Reconciliation – to be posted on gforge
 
# (45 min) FHIR Reconciliation – to be posted on gforge
 
# (5 min) Next call agenda, interim work
 
# (5 min) Next call agenda, interim work
 +
==Minutes==
 +
===Attendees===
 +
 +
* [mailto:Kathleen.Connor@comcast.net Kathleen Connor] Co-chair
 +
* [mailto:pknapp@pknapp.com Paul Knapp] Co-chair
 +
* [mailto:Beat.Heggli@nexus-schweiz.ch  Beat Heggli] Co-chair
 +
* [mailto:Siri@TBD.com]
 +
 +
Presiding Chair:  Paul Knapp
 +
 +
* RE: Approval of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7365/10530/201302_FM_WGM_Minutes_Atlanta.docx Atlanta WGM Minutes] - After review and refinement, the WGM were approved.
 +
 +
 +
{| {{table}}
 +
{| border="10"
 +
| align="center" width="370pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Motion'''
 +
| align="center" width="100pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Moved'''
 +
| align="center" width="100pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Second'''
 +
| align="center" width="50pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Affirm'''
 +
| align="center" width="50pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Abstain'''
 +
| align="center" width="50pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Opposed'''
 +
|-
 +
|-valign="top"
 +
|
 +
Approval of FM WGM Atlanta Minutes
 +
||
 +
Kathleen
 +
||
 +
Beat
 +
||
 +
2
 +
||
 +
0
 +
||
 +
0
 +
||
 +
|
 +
|}
 +
 +
 +
* RE:  Continued work on [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7366/10531/Comments-FHIR_R1_O2_2013JAN_may2013.xlsx FHIR Reconciliation]
 +
 +
 +
{| {{table}}
 +
{| border="10"
 +
| align="center" width="370pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Motion'''
 +
| align="center" width="100pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Moved'''
 +
| align="center" width="100pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Second'''
 +
| align="center" width="50pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Affirm'''
 +
| align="center" width="50pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Abstain'''
 +
| align="center" width="50pt" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Opposed'''
 +
|-
 +
|-valign="top"
 +
|
 +
Approval of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7366/10531/Comments-FHIR_R1_O2_2013JAN_may2013.xlsx FHIR Reconciliation] of comments 348, 349, and 350
 +
||
 +
Kathleen
 +
||
 +
Beat
 +
||
 +
2
 +
||
 +
0
 +
||
 +
0
 +
||
 +
|
 +
|}
 +
 +
 +
*RE: FM Position on FHIR:  WG discussed the FHIR timelines and FMG “asks” relative to major contributors’ bandwidth and FM position on the FHIR methodology.  Originally, FHIR was considered a REST transport and a simplification of v.3.  Then, it morphed into creation of FHIR Resources, which are not backward compatible with either v.2 or v.3.  Some FM WG members expected that FHIR resources would be the result of a deterministic transform of v.2 or v.3 artifacts into FHIR.  Now WGs are being told to generate mappings from new FHIR representations of, e.g., the 80% of WG business domains, to superceded v.2 and v.3 artifacts.  From the perspective of some FM WG participants, complex financial management business use cases and functionality requirements gathered over 25 years and represented in  FM v.2/v.3 standards have not been appropriately leveraged.  Paul agreed to draft a FM position statement on this matter. 
 +
*RE: FHIR Marketing Outreach Efforts: Paul reported that he has met with and is exploring opportunities with a number of key financial management stakeholder to access their interest in FM FHIR Resources for real time Coverage and Invoice.  Current Coverage Resource is a profile of a TBD “encompassing” Coverage Resource Definitions.  Other profiles that probably should be developed, once a “definitional” parent resource gets defined include eligibility query/response and registration of enrollees for coverage, which already exist in v.2/v.3.
 
==Action Items==
 
==Action Items==
 +
*Kathleen to publish approved WGM minutes and minutes from this call
 +
*Paul to queue up next round of reconciliation comments for June call and to draft FM FHIR position statement.
 
Return to [[Financial Management|Financial Management Home Page]]
 
Return to [[Financial Management|Financial Management Home Page]]

Revision as of 06:38, 31 May 2013

Conference Call Schedule

  • Occurs on Thursday May 30, June 27, July 25, and Aug 29 @ 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
  • Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 686300# (alternative for US if the first number doesn't work: +1 888-321-4501)

May 30, 2013 Call Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. (10 min) Roll Call, call for agenda item, approve Atlanta WGM Minutes
  2. (45 min) FHIR Reconciliation – to be posted on gforge
  3. (5 min) Next call agenda, interim work

Minutes

Attendees

Presiding Chair: Paul Knapp


Motion Moved Second Affirm Abstain Opposed

Approval of FM WGM Atlanta Minutes

Kathleen

Beat

2

0

0



Motion Moved Second Affirm Abstain Opposed

Approval of FHIR Reconciliation of comments 348, 349, and 350

Kathleen

Beat

2

0

0


  • RE: FM Position on FHIR: WG discussed the FHIR timelines and FMG “asks” relative to major contributors’ bandwidth and FM position on the FHIR methodology. Originally, FHIR was considered a REST transport and a simplification of v.3. Then, it morphed into creation of FHIR Resources, which are not backward compatible with either v.2 or v.3. Some FM WG members expected that FHIR resources would be the result of a deterministic transform of v.2 or v.3 artifacts into FHIR. Now WGs are being told to generate mappings from new FHIR representations of, e.g., the 80% of WG business domains, to superceded v.2 and v.3 artifacts. From the perspective of some FM WG participants, complex financial management business use cases and functionality requirements gathered over 25 years and represented in FM v.2/v.3 standards have not been appropriately leveraged. Paul agreed to draft a FM position statement on this matter.
  • RE: FHIR Marketing Outreach Efforts: Paul reported that he has met with and is exploring opportunities with a number of key financial management stakeholder to access their interest in FM FHIR Resources for real time Coverage and Invoice. Current Coverage Resource is a profile of a TBD “encompassing” Coverage Resource Definitions. Other profiles that probably should be developed, once a “definitional” parent resource gets defined include eligibility query/response and registration of enrollees for coverage, which already exist in v.2/v.3.

Action Items

  • Kathleen to publish approved WGM minutes and minutes from this call
  • Paul to queue up next round of reconciliation comments for June call and to draft FM FHIR position statement.

Return to Financial Management Home Page