May 2012 Ballot Package
To return to the >> EHR Working Group
Electronic Health Record-System Functional Model, Release 2.0
Welcome to HL7’s Electronic Health Record Work Group’s (EHR WG) 2012 Release 2.0, Electronic Health Record System (EHR-S) Functional Model standard.
Ballot Package Cycle and Naming
This ballot package is labeled "May 2012"; this is the ballot cycle date and refers to the May 2012 HL7 Working Group Meeting. It is being released early and will be officially in the May2012 ballot cycle through HL7.
This ballot package is also a Joint Initiative Council (JIC) ballot item and will be submitted to ISO CS to initiate the ISO DIS ballot. The package will also be submitted to CEN TC251, IHTSDO and CDISC for their ballot processes.
Whilst the original objective of the EHR Workgroup was to submit the December 2011 ballot package to all (five) organizations to coordinte ballots closing simultaneously no later than 7 May 2012; this was not possible due to challenges with the ISO/HL7 joint balloting processes. Currently the objective is to submit this package (MAY2012) to the JIC and ensure that all ballots are closed prior to the September 2012 working group meeting.
Current Release Background
The HL7 EHR-S Functional Model, which was approved in July, 2004 as a Draft Standard for Trial Use (DSTU), has undergone a series of enhancements in the past two years, as it became a fully approved American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard. A broad constituency – including intensive outreach to industry, care providers, and healthcare organizations – has worked to refine the initial EHR-S Functional Model. This version reflects the changes made as part of the reconciliation process on a committee level ballot, and two subsequent membership level ballots. The HL7 EHR-S Functional Model was promoted to an ISO International Standard after passing HL7 consensus ballot as a normative standard and achieving ANSI approval. This promotion follows the process outlined in the ISO/HL7 Pilot Agreement. Learning important lessons from the ballot process, a Functional Model with a clearer, more simplified list of functions, has been created. The HL7 EHR System Functional Model provides a reference list of functions that may be present in an Electronic Health Record System (EHR-S). The function list is described from a user perspective with the intent to enable consistent expression of system functionality. This EHR-S Model, through the creation of Functional Profiles, enables a standardized description and common understanding of functions sought or available in a given setting (e.g. intensive care, cardiology, office practice in one country or primary care in another country).
Ballot Package Contents
- EHR-S Functional Model: Readme
- EHR-S Functional Model Chapter 1: Overview
- EHR-S Functional Model Chapter 2: Conformance
- EHR-S Functional Model Chapter 3: Functions List PDF
- EHR-S Functional Model Chapter 3: Functions List EXCEL
- EHR-S Functional Model Chapter 3: Functions List HTML
- EHR-S Functional Model Chapter 3: Functions List XML
- EHR-S Functional Model Chapter 4: Glossary
- Word Versions of Chapters 0, 1, 2 & 4
- Full Package available from HL7.org EHR WG Documents page
- Note: This file was too large (4.5 MB) to upload to the wiki.
Please subscribe to the following Listservice to follow ballot reconciliation activities:
- EHR Ballot Reconciliation Activities: email@example.com
Ballot Reconciliation Call Schedule
Phone: +1-770-657-9270 Code: 510269#
Free Screen Sharing: http://freescreensharing.com/ Meeting ID: 846-241-346
Note: LiveMeeting or FreeScreenSharing will vary based on attendees. Please dial into the phone number first to check what is being used.
- Tuesday August 21 - 8:30-9:30 EST (TI Sections)
- Wednesday August 22 - 8:30-10:00 EST (Public Health topics)
- Thursday August 23 - 8:30-9:30 EST (Starting at CPS.1.7)
- Tuesday August 28 - 8:30-9:30 EST (CPS continued)
- Wednesday August 29 - 8:30-10:00 EST (CPS continued)
- Thursday August 30 - 8:30-9:30 EST (Public Health topics)
Note: Topics may be adjusted based on progress and attendees' preferences.
Ballot Reconcilation Worksheets
Worksheets will be uploaded on Friday reflecting the week's reconciliation activities.
Voting will occur on the Tuesday regular EHR Workgroup conference call for all reconciliation from the previous week.
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-06-08.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-06-15.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-06-22.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-06-29.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-07-06.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-07-20.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-07-27.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-08-03.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-08-10.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-08-17.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-08-24.zip
- media: EHR_FM_R2_2012MAY_Ballot_Reconciliation_2012-08-31.zip