This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "March 15, 2016 UDI Project Meeting"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 34: Line 34:
 
*Issue was raised around the barcode and multiple ways that the information may be entered in any one of the use cases (e.g., AIDC, HRF, etc.); and there are fault patterns that may exist (e.g., the barcode is not found, it is not computable), etc. We will need to address these in a future release.
 
*Issue was raised around the barcode and multiple ways that the information may be entered in any one of the use cases (e.g., AIDC, HRF, etc.); and there are fault patterns that may exist (e.g., the barcode is not found, it is not computable), etc. We will need to address these in a future release.
 
*Also removed documentation pathways – it was marked yellow in the initial recommendation.
 
*Also removed documentation pathways – it was marked yellow in the initial recommendation.
 
 
**Under the “ordering” use cases we removed the materials/catalog/inventory management piece as it is will be a lot of work in this first phase; also there is another activity on this topic (i.e., white paper) being developed that should help to articulate the complexities (although it is not specific to UDI).
 
**Under the “ordering” use cases we removed the materials/catalog/inventory management piece as it is will be a lot of work in this first phase; also there is another activity on this topic (i.e., white paper) being developed that should help to articulate the complexities (although it is not specific to UDI).
 
 
**Vote was taken: Motion made by Terrie Reed/Jose Costa Teixeira to accept the three use cases (implant, explant and replace medical device).  Note – this includes the yellow highlighted use cases attached.
 
**Vote was taken: Motion made by Terrie Reed/Jose Costa Teixeira to accept the three use cases (implant, explant and replace medical device).  Note – this includes the yellow highlighted use cases attached.
 
**Vote: For: 6, Against: 0, Abstain: 0
 
**Vote: For: 6, Against: 0, Abstain: 0

Revision as of 22:52, 21 March 2016

Minutes - Unique Device Identifier Implementation Guidance Project Meeting, March 15, 2016

Contents

  1. Attendees
  2. Meeting Minutes - Approve March 8, 2016
  3. Meeting Discussion
    1. Review Updated Use Case Matrix - 3 use cases recommended for ballot R1
    2. UDI Recommended Use Cases
  4. Action Items
    1. None at this time

Attendees:

  • Hans Buitendijk
  • Jose Costa Teixeira
  • Myron Finseth
  • Benhaz Minaei
  • Steve Rosenberger
  • Terrie Reed
  • Marti Velezis

Meeting Minutes:

  • March 8, 2016
    • Table till next week


Meeting Discussion:

The group discussed the Use Cases Recommended for Round 1 (use cases that were distributed on list serve): · For the first round we are deferring any technology requirements

  • Issue was raised around the barcode and multiple ways that the information may be entered in any one of the use cases (e.g., AIDC, HRF, etc.); and there are fault patterns that may exist (e.g., the barcode is not found, it is not computable), etc. We will need to address these in a future release.
  • Also removed documentation pathways – it was marked yellow in the initial recommendation.
    • Under the “ordering” use cases we removed the materials/catalog/inventory management piece as it is will be a lot of work in this first phase; also there is another activity on this topic (i.e., white paper) being developed that should help to articulate the complexities (although it is not specific to UDI).
    • Vote was taken: Motion made by Terrie Reed/Jose Costa Teixeira to accept the three use cases (implant, explant and replace medical device). Note – this includes the yellow highlighted use cases attached.
    • Vote: For: 6, Against: 0, Abstain: 0

Action Items:

  • Patrick to start modeling/documenting the use cases in the DAM template (for discussion/review next time)
  • Solicit additional information via list serve if necessary

Next Meeting: