March19, 2014 Education Telecon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Patrick Loyd (Chair and Scribe)
- Sharon Chaplock
- Ken Chen
- Maria ?
- SAIF Webinar
- will be recorded at the WGM
- Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
Action: Patrick to follow up with Ron for next Education meeting Action Followup: No word from Ron. Need to re-re-refollowup
- Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
- The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
- If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
Action: Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval
Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits
- v2 Workshop Project
- Approved by SD but needs to be approved by TSC
- FHIR Workshop Project
- approved by SD, but FMG doesn't think they can sponsor. Patrick to attend FMG Wed afternoon. Will be discussed at TSC on Monday
Action: Melva to forward to FMG for approval, education is only co-sponsor Action Followup: Patrick attended FMG; Lloyd and Patrick to discuss prior to bringing back to FMG next meeting
- Additional resources and reading material - Ken
- Next meeting - April 2, 2014 at 11am Eastern