March19, 2014 Education Telecon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Patrick Loyd (Chair and Scribe)
- SAIF Webinar
- will be recorded at the WGM
- Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
Action: Patrick to follow up with Ron for next Education meeting
- Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
- The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
- If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
Action: Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval
Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits
- v2 Workshop Project
- Approved by SD but needs to be approved by TSC
- FHIR Workshop Project
- approved by SD, but FMG doesn't think they can sponsor. Patrick to attend FMG Wed afternoon. Will be discussed at TSC on Monday
Action: Melva to forward to FMG for approval, education is only co-sponsor
- Process for New Tutorials and updates to existing Tutorials (Sharon)
- a document is being developed by HQ
Action: Add to agenda for next Education meeting Action: Sharon to forward to the list
Action Item Followup
- see updates on Action List Page
HL7 Fundamentals update (Diego)
- Status of Courses
- Update on HL7 Fundamentals:
- Status of Update Work
Path to Certification
- Review of document created by Sharon - continue discussion
- we don't require experience for our certification. Is the Education column for what the candidates must have or a suggestion?
- We don't have a certification program
- Suggestions - v2 Control Specialist - an education degree may not help - expect that 1+ year experience in Health Care IT environment with some use of HL7
- Do we have data on who has been successful? We don't have that kind of data - there is a real mix of who has been successful
- Will need to have disclaimers
- more generic "in our experience, some experience in health IT and knowledge of HL7...factors for success"
- flow chart based on experience - that includes all of the offerings and where you insert yourself into the path
Action: Continue the discussion on next Education call
2014 Webinar Schedule
Education Portal Availability
- Further discussion of recommendation to the Membership Committee
Action: Add agenda to next Education call
HL7 Learning Partners
- Wiki page created with a draft proposal as well as discussion of concerns that were expressed during the last WGM, see HL7 Learning Partner Sub-Group
- Rene: There has been discussion via e-mail between some members of the subgroup, a conference call will be scheduled to discuss any remaining open issues. Subsequently the proposal will be brought to the full WG.
- Additional resources and reading material - Ken
- Next meeting - April 2, 2014 at 11am Eastern