Difference between revisions of "March19, 2014 Education Telecon"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "{| style="width:100%; background-color:transparent;" |- | style="vertical-align:top; width:50%" | <!-- LEFT COLUMN --> __TOC__ | style="vertical-align:top; width:35%" | <!--...")
 
Line 79: Line 79:
  
 
===HL7 Learning Partners===
 
===HL7 Learning Partners===
* Subgroup has not met - Wiki page created
+
* Wiki page created with a draft proposal as well as discussion of concerns that were expressed during the last WGM, see [[HL7 Learning Partner Sub-Group]]
** No discussion - Melva will forward to the sub-group
+
**Rene: There has been discussion via e-mail between some members of the subgroup, a conference call will be scheduled to discuss any remaining open issues. Subsequently the proposal will be brought to the full WG.
  
 
===AOB===
 
===AOB===

Revision as of 07:35, 19 March 2014

Attendees

  • Patrick Loyd (Chair and Scribe)


Agenda

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • will be recorded at the WGM
    • Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
Action: Patrick to follow up with Ron for next Education meeting
  • Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
    • The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
    • If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
Action:  Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • v2 Workshop Project
    • Approved by SD but needs to be approved by TSC
  • FHIR Workshop Project
    • approved by SD, but FMG doesn't think they can sponsor. Patrick to attend FMG Wed afternoon. Will be discussed at TSC on Monday
Action: Melva to forward to FMG for approval, education is only co-sponsor

Policy/Procedures

  • Process for New Tutorials and updates to existing Tutorials (Sharon)
    • a document is being developed by HQ
Action:  Add to agenda for next Education meeting
Action:  Sharon to forward to the list

Action Item Followup

Education Action List

  • see updates on Action List Page

HL7 Fundamentals update (Diego)

  • Status of Courses
    • Update on HL7 Fundamentals:
  • Status of Update Work

Path to Certification

File:Certification Path.docx

  • Review of document created by Sharon - continue discussion
    • Feedback
      • we don't require experience for our certification. Is the Education column for what the candidates must have or a suggestion?
      • We don't have a certification program
      • Suggestions - v2 Control Specialist - an education degree may not help - expect that 1+ year experience in Health Care IT environment with some use of HL7
      • Do we have data on who has been successful? We don't have that kind of data - there is a real mix of who has been successful
      • Will need to have disclaimers
      • more generic "in our experience, some experience in health IT and knowledge of HL7...factors for success"
      • flow chart based on experience - that includes all of the offerings and where you insert yourself into the path
Action:  Continue the discussion on next Education call

2014 Webinar Schedule

  • Update

Education Portal Availability

  • Further discussion of recommendation to the Membership Committee
Action:  Add agenda to next Education call

HL7 Learning Partners

  • Wiki page created with a draft proposal as well as discussion of concerns that were expressed during the last WGM, see HL7 Learning Partner Sub-Group
    • Rene: There has been discussion via e-mail between some members of the subgroup, a conference call will be scheduled to discuss any remaining open issues. Subsequently the proposal will be brought to the full WG.

AOB

  • Additional resources and reading material - Ken

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - April 2, 2014 at 11am Eastern