This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

June 28th 2017 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 21:26, 28 June 2017 by Melissa Mendivil (talk | contribs) (→‎Agenda)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Agenda

  • Discuss prior minutes posting and review agenda
  • Staff transitions and the HL7 education WG
  • Certification Status:
    • Discuss status of FHIR certification projects - PSSes, business plan, etc.
  • Discuss Newcomer Webinar
  • HL7 Education for Clinicians - status
  • Sept grid status
  • Report from HQ and others on active education initiatives from ed and marketing perspective and their needs

Call to Order

  • Call info: Wednesday, 4PM EDT Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 447895

GotoMeeting for HL7 Education:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/322275573

Meeting Details Date and Time: 6/28/17 4:00 pm EST Location: webex Attendees: Sharon, Fernando Campos, Lynne Laakso, Mary Ann Boyle

Announcements

Lynne will be covering some of Sharon's duties until her replacement is onboarded

Discussion

Melissa and Virginia will meet offline to discuss meeting minutes and any needed updates

Lynne is covering some of Sharon's responsibilities

A new Marketing Director has been hired to replace Melanie - we will look forward to working with her

Sharon is on contract to enter practice exam into the Education Portal (still waiting on the questions), FHIR Proficiency exam into Webassesor, release v2.8 exam in September

Virginia: has everyone reviewed the Study Guide and Path to Certification?

Fernando: Can we specify which courses in the FHIR track are applicable in the Study Guide, and should we add the Test Prep class.

Test update: New questions added, and FMG is working on defensibility

Sharon: Confirmed Webassessor can be configured to do multi-select

Simone and Virginia are word-smithing test, and categorizing questions. Have enough for a practice test and the real test. Hoping to have this in to Sharon by the end of the week.

Test is officially "Proficiency Exam", this is a certification that will be prerequisite to the professional certification

Implementers group met to talk about the larger certification effort, making some progress

Newcomer's Webinar - shoot for having it done for Sept. WGM - give it a clever name, use some of the material from the First Time Attendee's class

Virginia: "HL7 for Clinicans by Clinicians" track!

Mary Ann - we're all set for September except for the FHIR test. We need to be prepared for that once we put the word out, we will get asked for

Standards summer school is complete - RIM and CDA did well, no interest in v2

Virginia packed 'em in (2 conference rooms) at the NY Dept of Health talking about v2

Mary Ann moved to adjourn at 5:03, Fernando seconded

Action Items

  • Melissa and Virginia to meet offline about meeting minutes, Strategy, and HL7 for Clinicians
  • Fernando and Virgina to work via email on verbiage in Study Guide
  • Newcomer's Webinar - Melissa to come up with the detailed webinar spec