International Patient Summary (IPS)
The International Patient Summary is a "Minimal and non-exhaustive Patient Summary, specialty-agnostic, condition-independent, but readily usable by all clinicians for the unscheduled (cross-border) care of a patient."
The goal of this project is to build international implementation guides and associated templates based on HL7 CDA R2 (or a future CDA release) and FHIR resource profiles, with value sets to support data elements within those templates and profiles.
The initial use cases will be the patient summary, providing support for emergency care and unplanned care.
The project intends to provide the same conceptual content in both the CDA R2 and FHIR specifications, but will not attempt to provide or require capability for automatic transformation of instances from one standard to the other.
These templates/profiles aim to:
- Serve for both cross-jurisdictional (through adaptation/extension for multi-language and realm scenarios, including translation) and national (through localization) patient summaries.
- Support emergency care and unplanned care in any country (home and foreign), regardless of language
- Define value sets based on international vocabularies that are usable and understandable in any country
Please refer to the PSS  for more details.
An updated version of the PSS is under the approval process (already approved by the SDWG).
The latest version of the revised PSS is available here
Face to Face Meeting
- HL7 WGM Baltimore September 2018
- HL7 WGM Cologne May 2018
- 21-23 March 2017, Paris @Phast
- HL7 WGM Madrid May 2017
- HL7 WGM San Diego September 2017
- HL7 WGM New Orleans January 2018
- 19-22 March 2018, Paris @Phast
- Regular weekly calls each Wednesday 17-18.30 CET // 11-12.30 ET
Additional monthly call (first Monday of each month) 22-23.30 CET // 16-17.30 EST // 8-9.30 (+ 1) AEDT )
The list of the meetings is provided in this page
Dial in using your phone.
Access Code: 399-580-637
United States: +1 (224) 501-3316 Australia: +61 2 9091 7603 Austria: +43 7 2088 0716 Belgium: +32 28 08 4372 Canada: +1 (647) 497-9372 Denmark: +45 69 91 84 58 Finland: +358 972 52 2971 France: +33 170 950 590 Germany: +49 692 5736 7206 Ireland: +353 19 030 053 Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 65 Netherlands: +31 208 080 759 New Zealand: +64 9 282 9510 Norway: +47 21 04 30 59 Spain: +34 931 76 1534 Sweden: +46 852 500 691 Switzerland: +41 435 0026 89 United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
The list of the minutes is provided in this page.
IPS CDA R2 IG STU
The results of the STU ballot realized in the sept 2017 ballot cycle are reported in the tally ballot page 
The amalgamated comments of the ballot#2 are available in the gforge repository 
The latest version of the ballot#2 reconciliation sheet is available here
- IPS CDA Templates repository (ART DECOR) 
- IPS dataset (ART DECOR) 
- Issues tracker (ART DECOR) 
- IPS Implementation Guide - Editing wiki 
- Identification of codes for no data and known absent cases see also this google doc
- Pattern for problem observations (usage of "ASSERTION") see also this google doc
- Sections to be included in the Patient Summary
- Lab results gap analysis
- Expression of the “statuses” (see also issue #16)
- Procedure Representation in IPS
IPS FHIR IG STU
This FHIR IG will be base on FHIR R3. The intent is to have the ballot ready for the May 2018 cycle
- GitHub ips