This group supports the HL7 mission to create and promote its standards by helping to assure that the needs, issues and other input of all HL7 International Affiliates are recognized and effectively acted upon by the HL7 organization.
Making a global contribution
The International Council provides a forum for HL7 Affiliates and other interested HL7 members to communicate and exchange views as well as discuss issues regarding the international development, adoption, application and implementation of the HL7 standard. There are several ways to get involved with the international HL7 effort and get your ideas and opinions heard:
- The International Council holds a full day meeting at every HL7 Working Group Meeting - usually on the Sunday before the main meeting begins. This is an open meeting, and all affiliate representatives and other interested HL7 members are invited to attend and contribute.
- There is an International Council list server, which is open to all for discussion and sharing of ideas.
- Once a year, the International Council organises the International HL7 Interoperability Conference, which provides a forum for HL7 users from around the world to come together and share their experiences.
- International Mentoring Committee (IMC)
- The HL7.org International Council web page: Contact information for co-chairs and affiliate representatives - Mission/Charter statements - List server subscription - Affiliate agreements - Meeting minutes and other documentation
- The HL7 International Foundation - The HL7 Office in Europe
- SDO collaboration status lists the standards currently being worked on in collaboration with ISO and other SDOs
- Report on the Strategic Initiative to the International Council (September 2006), part of the Strategic Initiative.
- The Realm-concept
- HL7 Mission
- international dialin advice for HL7 conference calls