Implementation FAQ:Implementer Organization
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains questions and recommendations related to the organization or project that is responsible for the implementation.
Back to Implementation FAQ
- Overcome the steep learning curve
- See Overcoming the Learning Curve for details.
- Need for a "keeper of the vision"
- Designate one person to keep the architecture and the business requirements (as a whole) on a consistent track. Otherwise scope creep will ensure they are disjunctive.
- Exchange experiences with other v3 implementers
- The exchange of experience in a forum with other implementers/vendors saves money. The RIMBAA Working group is an international forum for v3 implementers.
- Dealing with being an early adopter
- If the scope of your implementation is broad you should anticipate being an early adopter of some parts of the Standard. It's worth it, but you must factor into your plans a steep learning curve; ongoing participation in the HL7 organization to move your designs through membership approval; and retrofitting of early installations to the approved specifications.