This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

INM Closed Action Items

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This page contains action items closed between January and May 2007.



ITEM: 33

The detectedIssue CMET should be moved to the CMET domain, and not be defined locally in MCAI

Opened: 28-Jan-05
Old Item: 221
Closed: 20070726
Assigned to: Scott
  • 20050128, INM Chairs, Open
    • INM WGM Orlando: Added. When creating the next version of MCAI, the detectedIssue CMET should be moved to the CMET domain, and not be defined locally in MCAI Pharmacy has a use-case for a message that shows all controlActs(+detectedIssue) related to a single order. This can be implemented today as a shared message. If implemented as a wrapper this would require that the tools support stubs with exit points.
  • 20051105, INM Chairs, Open
    • Rene: will remain open until such time where the controlAct domains will be up for a new release.
  • 20051128, INM Chairs, Reviewed
    • No Update
  • 20060915 WGM: Michael vC: Also take relationship with ManagedIssue CMET and ReportedIssue CMET, Consent.
  • 20070110: WGM: Michael: Pharmacy has created a new Pharmacy CMET topic. Issue is about harmonizing those in some fashion with the MCAI CMET. Michael to harmonize the various CMET, and bring forward a proposal on how it should be included in the wrappers.
  • 20070502: WGM: Moving the CMET is part of Wrappers R2. Harmonization of the Pharmacy models with the existing one is still open. Michael vC: Approach will be to replace the current A_DetectedIssueEvent CMET class with a choice between domain specific deteceted issue CMETs and the current A_DetectedIssueEvent CMET. Pharmacy to send ID of CMET to INM for inclusion in the model.
  • 20070726 Scott: Forwarded this item to ITS. Closed for InM.


ITEM: 71

Opened: 29-Sep-04 Old Item: 318 Draft procedure for agreeing to updates to 396. Will bring draft to CQ.

  • 12-Jan-05 , Stan Huff , New , vocab
    • Larson: The procedure should incorporate the decision made at the Atlanta WGM as follows: “All changes to sections for which Vocab is the steward, must be submitted to the v2 change proposal database.”
  • 04-May-05 , Stan Huff , Open , vocab
    • INM Noordwijkerhout: Stan will wridte procedure. It will include 1) submit to database ; 2) vocab reviews and makes decision taking in to account such things as redundancy, version and other policy requirements; 3) once approved is immediately valid; 4) notify INM editor Policy needs good definitions but also need to focus on operational factors.
  • 01-Jun-05 , Stan Huff , Open , vocab
    • Vocab Telcon: Discussion – Table 396 issue:-HL7 v2.x table 396 is the table of tables. One of the changes in 2.6 was to make content extensible without requiring a re-ballot. Need to document the process of how we put new entries, or update entries to table 396. Current process is to submit a V2.x proposal through the HL7 website.-Proposed solution is that every time a terminology is registered in the OID it would automatically go into Table 396 I V2.x. Vote taken and passed.-The content of tables is only available through the ballot, the document can be updated but there is no place online that you can look it up. Same problem of how to
  • 15-Sep-05 , Tony Julian , Reviewed , vocab
    • 20050914: Approved. Tony will check to see if in the substantivity guide.
  • 28-Nov-05 , Tony Julian , Reviewed , vocab
    • 20051128 Telcon - Open with Guilt!.
  • 20060510 WGM: Substantivity guide has not been updated.
  • 26-Jun-06 , Tony Julian , Reviewed , vocab
    • 20060626 Telcon - Shift guilt to ARB - ask to approve with email ballot!.
  • 20061120 Email sent to ARB, offering to update the substantivity guide to reflect above.
  • 20070110 WGM: ARB in meeting is re-writing the substantivity guide. This suggestion will be taken into account. - Recommend closure: Tony
  • 20070110 CLOSED

ITEM: 958

Opened: 26-Jul-05 Old Item: 0

MCCI - Check preface (MCCI)

  • 26-Jul-05 , Tony Julian , New , MCCI
    • 20050726: INM Telcon: Joann reported that HQ needs for us to include the previously balloted name in the preface. This document was originally balloted as a component of the Infrastructure Management document
  • 13-Sep-05 , Tony Julian , Reviewed , MCCI
    • 20050913: INM WGM San Diego: no update.
  • 28-Nov-05 , Tony Julian , Reviewed , MCCI
    • 20051128 INM Telcon: will be applied on next ballot.
    • 20050110: WGM: item will remain open as a reminder to the editor of the next release of MCCI.
  • 20060605: open until next release of MCCI
  • 20070128, CLOSED, issue moved to MCCI R2 page.

ITEM: 967

Opened: 13-Sep-05 Old Item: 0 Security TC is requested to read WS security specification and provide guidance and suggestions related thereto.

  • 13-Sep-05 , Glenn Marshall , New , Security
    • 20050913 WGM: New
  • 28-Nov-05 , Glenn Marshall , New , Security
    • 20051128 INM Telcon: Doug e-mailed Glenn - We need the info Before phoenix
  • 20060110, Glenn Marshall , open , Security
    • 20060110 InM WGM Phoenix: Has been read, guidance has not yet been provided.
  • 20060110, Glenn Marshall , open , Security
    • 20060626 Telecon - Tony to send reminder.
  • 20060912 WGM – John Moehrke not present, no information available. Glenn to touch base with John on status. Continue OPEN.
  • 2007-05-01 InM WGM Köln – closed with exhaustion. No response from Security TC after multiple requests


ITEM: 978

Opened: 15-Sep-05 Old Item: 0

Work to add a new batch group class to the batch transmission wrapper. (MCCI)

  • 15-Sep-05 , Penny Aitchson , Open , IM
    • 2005-09-15 SAN WGM: New action item. The new class will contain attributes such as batch ID. A new sequence number needs to be added to the current batch class as well. New dynamic models, interactions, etc. need to be documented.
  • 20060509, Penny Aitchson , Open , MCCI
    • 20060507 INM out of cycle. Batch Transmission wrapper will be tranbsformed into a minimal transmission grouper. This action items should be discussed as part of the discussion of the NHS application syncing use-case of proposal 969.
    • 20060509 INM WGM: Pending reasessment of underlying issues by NHS/BT.
  • 20060605: still in progress and being worked on
  • 20070109: close, rendered a non-issue because of decisions on the nature of the MCCI batch wrapper during the ooc meeting May 2006.

ITEM: 1008

Opened: 03-Oct-05 Old Item: 0 20051003: Post UML reconciliation package for May 2005 ballot.

  • 03-Oct-05 , Grahame Grieve , New , UML
    • Post UML reconcillation Package for May 2005 ballot
  • 20060112 PHX WGM: No change
  • 20060511 WGM: Open with extreme guilt.
  • 20060913 WGM: continued (no discussion)
  • 20070108: WGM: overwhelming guilt.
  • 2007-05-01 InM WGM Köln – continued. Make sure all of the I’s are dotted and t’s are crossed so this can be closed
  • 20070504: WGM: DONE! and closed

ITEM: 1009

Opened: 03-Oct-05 Old Item: 0 20051003: Request withdrawal of negative votes against UML May 2005 ballot.

  • 03-Oct-05 , Grahame Grieve , New , UML
    • 20051003: INM Telcon: After Reconciliation Package is posted, need to officially request voters to withdraw negative votes by November 14.
  • 20060112 PHX WGM: No change
  • 20060511 WGM: Open with extreme guilt.
  • 20060913 WGM: continued (no discussion)
  • 20070108: WGM: overwhelming guilt.
  • 2007-05-01 InM WGM Köln – continued. Make sure all of the I’s are dotted and t’s are crossed so this can be closed
  • 20070504: WGM: Now need to send out a note explaining what happened with the ballot and talk to Karen Van Henteryck about it.
  • 20070511: Sent the email. This item is now closed

ITEM: 1014

Opened: 03-Oct-05 Old Item: 0

Get MLLP negatives withdrawn (May2005 cycle) (MLLP)

  • 03-Oct-05 , Tony Julian , New , MLLP
    • Post Reconcillation Package
  • 20051114: still open
  • 20060501: Changed from "Post reconciliation package" to "get negatives withdrawn". There are 5 open negative votes.
  • 20060605: Open with guilt
  • 20060915: Tony to check the ballot website and get votes withdrawn
  • 20070108: WGM: Tony did this - but will check on open nagetives.
  • 20070109: WGM: All negatives have been withdrawn - Recommend closure (Tony)
  • 20070109: WGM: Closed

ITEM: 1018

Seek harmonization of definitions in glossary for Sender and Receiver. [Webservices]

Opened: 10-Oct-05 
Closed: 20070726
Assigned to: Miroslav
  • 20051010: INM Telcon: Seek harmonization of definitions in glossary for Sender and Receiver. Specifically need to follow-up with Pubs. Roberto will send info to Joann.
  • 20060110: Phoenix WGM: Still open as above. Roberto will harmonize the definition within Transports. Joann will submit to HQ glossary keeper.
  • 20060605: Still open
  • 20060913 WGM: Miroslav to talk with Roberto, make sure the usage of these terms is harmonized
  • 20070501 WGM: Definitions have been on the Wiki for a while now, Roberto has been unable to review up to now. Remains open as a reminder to add it to the Wrappers R2 glossary.
  • 20060702 Telcon: Scott will e-mail Miroslav
  • 20070726 Scott understood this was to go to ITS. sent to ITS and closed

ITEM: 1030

Change cardinality of MSG Data Type in v2.XML specification, discovered item, from e-mail from Alberto Sáez Torres

Opened: 20051129 
Closed: 20070726
Assigned:  Scott Robertson
  • 20051129, Tony Julian, New
    • In the MSG data type description (message type, used in MSH-9) it is said that all the components (message code, message trigger, message sctructure) are required, but the schema marks all of them as optional.

So, the schema should be change from:

<xsd:complexType name="MSG">
 <xsd:sequence>
   <xsd:element ref="MSG.1" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
   <xsd:element ref="MSG.2" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
   <xsd:element ref="MSG.3" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
 </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

To :

<xsd:complexType name="MSG">
 <xsd:sequence>
   <xsd:element ref="MSG.1" />
   <xsd:element ref="MSG.2" />
   <xsd:element ref="MSG.3" />
 </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
  • 20051129, Tony Julian, V2
    • pending further information
  • 20051129, Alberto Sáez Torres
    • Actually, the MSG-data type is described in section 2.A.44 of Chapter 2A, Page 2-175, but the error is located in the XSD and DTD files for Version 2.5. The XSD affected file is “datatypes.xsd” and the DTD file is “datatypes.dtd”. This is the reason why I’ve CC-ed this message to the XML list.
    • (According to the MSG data type, the line from datatype.dtd): <!ENTITY % MSG "(MSG.1?,MSG.2?,MSG.3?)"> Should be changed (in my opinion) to <!ENTITY % MSG "(MSG.1,MSG.2,MSG.3)">
  • 20060508 InM WGM San Antonio: Frank Oemig, open
    • 20060508 InM San Antonio: Remains open
  • 2006-09-12 No update – Frank not present.
  • 2007-01-08 InM WGM San Diego, Mon Q4
    • discussed and agreed to the changes to both the schema and dtd.
    • question: who is the 'editor' of the schema? an XML SIG perl script against an extract of Frank's database. Frank will investigate where the correction needs to be made.
    • We need an errata for v2.5 xml and verify the correction is in place in the v2.6 xml.
  • 2007-05-01 InM WGM Köln – Scott to make sure is moved to ITS SIG
  • 20070702: Telcon : Scott has been reminded.
  • 2007-07-26: Scott (finally) sent this item to ITS for follow-up. Moved to Close Action Item list.

ITEM: 1063

Opened: 20060508

Determine what kind/type of vocab used within the datatype specs should be subject to harmonization and/or ballot time fixing.

  • 20060508, new, Grahame, Abstract Data Types
    • There have been DT proposals (+vocab used within DT) during harmonization. Normative DT spec, methodology changes lead to new releases of DT spec. Changes to vocab may need to be more flexible (e.g. done at harmonization, be applicable to last normative spec) than structural DT changes. Only certain vocabs, e.g. compression method, UCUM units, mediatype, currency. Name part type is NOT in this category and is fixed at ballot time.

Proposal For Data Type Vocabulary Management

  • 20060913 WGM: Grahame. 3 types of domains in data type definitions. Externally maintained, Embedded in XML ITS, and “normal domains”.
    • Proposal:
      • Normal Value Sets are subject to Harmonization and will be marked as such in the Data Type standard. These are not subject to ballot review & approval.
      • XML Embedded Value Sets and Null Flavor changes are review & recommended by harmonization and subject to ballot review & acceptance before they can be used.
      • External-maintained Value Sets will be marked as such in the Data Type standard.
      • Will update language to distinguish between domain and value set.
    • Moved Jane Curry/Andy van Heusen. Discussion. Vote 14-0-5 Passed
    • OPEN until edits made to document by Grahame
  • 20070714 - done as part of datatypes R2



ITEM: 1064

Opened: 20060508 Closed: 20070110

formally document updatemode/auditing methodology in the abstract DT spec.

  • 20060508, new, XML SIG, Abstract data types
  • 20060914 Part of Datatypes R2. Grahame to create wiki entry
  • 20070110 Now part of R2.

ITEM: 1068

Opened: 20060508

Document and specify values for the QueryRequestLimit vocabulary, QUQI

  • 20060509, QUQI editor, new, QUQI
    • QUQI_RM020000UV01, QueryRequestLimit: No vocab values are defined forn this unit of quantity -recommend this is reviewed. Evaluate use-case and code-set values.
  • 20060822: added to THU Q2 agenda of the Sep2006 WGM
  • 20060915: WGM discussion.
    • Add: Record (=item of interest, mostly focal act).
      1. Bytes is tricky, because of ITS dependent sizes. Is this a contract issue, or a run time issue? Courtesy request? Strawvote: 1-15-3
  • Rephrase action: create harmonization proposal to add Records to the QueryRequestLimit vocabulary.
  • 20061222, Rene, created wiki page.
  • 20070110 WGM Closed, see proposal.

ITEM: 1069

Opened: 20060508

HL7StandardVersion and humanlanguage to be discussed with Pubs, Pubs

  • 20060509, Joann, new, Pubs
    • HL7StandardVersion: no V3 codes in Vocab-applies
    • humanlanguage: no HL7 vocab or ISO recommendation – take up with Vocab. IETF x66 according to Rosetree, not a vocab issue, pubs issue.
    • 20060915: No information about progress
  • 20070108: Is on the agenda WED Q4, our joint with vocab.
  • 20070110: humanlanguage - WGM Take up with PUBS to see if this is a tooling issue.
  • 20070110: HL7StandardVersion - This has been fixed.

ITEM: 1082

Opened 20060619 Telcon

Is use of ID/IDRef model derived?

  • 20060619, Joseph Waller, new, XML ITS?
    • ask Lloyd to elaborate on how using ID/IDRef – model derived or not? and if so (or not) how does this end up in schema?.
    • 20060828, Rene: open. XML SIG has studied the use of XML ID/IDREF for use by the ITS to minimize the size of messages on the wire. Based on the outcome of that they will move the motion during teh upcoming WGM that ID/IDREF can't bse used within the ITS (because of technical implementation reasons as will be stated in the motion). Joseph's question appears to be wider in scope however, he wants to know if the samentic concept of ID/IDREF exists within the RIM, much as the concept of a mixed content datatype also exists within the abstract datatype specification.
  • See Use of ID/IDREF for details.
  • 20070110, Make it a MnM Hot Topic then close this item.
  • 20070112, Created Hot Topic.


Item: 1090

Opened 20060112

See if project scope document can be changed.

  • 20060112 Phoenix WGM; item opened as follows: Did project scope document include all 4: Abstract data types, XML structures, UML data types and XML data types?
  • 20060512 No. only includes Abstract data types, UML data types, XML data types. Grahame to see whether project proposal can be changed
  • 20060911: Larson: This is not on the Wiki. Has this been done? Is it still active?
  • 20060913: Larson: Late entry to Wiki based on InM minutes from Phoenix and San Antonio WGM.Description updated to reflect 5/12 note "See if project scope document can be changed".
  • 20060914: Still open with Guilt – need a single ITS development project (including XML structures)
  • 20070108: WGM: close this, have the ITS SIG deal with this.

Item: 1091

reference to WS-Addressing in the profile needs to updated.

Opened 20060511
Closed 20070726
  • 20060511: San Antonio WGM: From joint InM/XML minutes Thursday Q1.
    • WS-Addressing is not [sic] a W3C specification (done). The Web services profile can now point to a full specification not a draft.
    • The reference to WS-Addressing in the profile needs to updated. (Roberto, and to review that we are conformant with the final version).
  • 20060911: Larson: This is not on the Wiki. Has this been done? Is it still active?
  • 20060913: Larson: Late entry to Wiki based on InM minutes from San Antonio WGM; Roberto R; W3C
  • 20060913: Charlie will speak to Roberto
  • 20070326: Charlie sent email to Roberto
  • 20070326: Charlie - moved to ITS SIG action items as ITS SIG responsible for specification
  • 20070726: Scott moved to InM close action items

Item: 1092

Opened 20060511

Need representative to the W3C WS Policy charter group

  • 20060511: San Antonio WGM: From joint InM/XML minutes Thursday Q1.
    • Paul has posted the W3C draft charter for WS-Policy. Paul thinks that HL7 should support the charter for this. HL7 should put a representative on this committee. A co-chair of the working group is Chris Ferris. Chris has some knowledge of what we are doing, but represents IBM, as chair. He thinks that HL7 should send additional people as HL7 and IBM’s needs are different. Paul talked to Chris and Kevin about finding someone.
  • 20060911: Larson: This is not on the Wiki. Has this been done? Is it still active?
  • 20060913: Larson: Late entry to Wiki based on InM minutes from San Antonio WGM; W3C
  • 20060913: Grahame to talk to Kevin Kelly about this
  • 20061002: Telcon - Tony e-mailed Grahame concerning this.
  • 20070108: WGM: Question comes up why we would need a representative. Our work is downstream from them. Close with exhaustion and reconsideration.

Item: 1096

Opened 20060511, Grahame, XML

Update the project scope to include XML Structures R2 and submit to HQ.

  • 20060511: San Antonio WGM: Added.
    • Grahame to update the project scope to include XML Structures R2 and submit to HQ. (Galen Mulrooney) to help
  • 20060912: Larson: This item is not on the Wiki. Is it still relevant?
  • 20060913: Larson: Late entry to Wiki based on InM minutes from San Antonio WGM.
    • See also item 1090. These should be merged.
  • 20061002: Telcon still open
  • 20070108: closed, ITS will deal with this.

Item: 1097

Opened 20060511, Grahame, Abstract DT

Update Abstract Data Types and post to the web site.

  • 20060511: San Antonio WGM: Added.
    • Tidy up list of issues with Abstract data types and post to the web site.
    • Make technical correction to abstract data type and XML ITS in the reference 2396 bis in tel datatype, and fix in R2 (and describe them as IRIs).
    • For CD data type, update the abstract document to make statement that cd.code is allowed to contain spaces.
    • Update ITS to say that white space is preserved in cs.code.
    • All co-occurrence constraints need to be made more clear in the abstract.
  • 20060912: Larson: This item is not on the Wiki. Is it still relevant?
  • 20060913: Larson: Late entry to Wiki based on InM minutes from San Antonio WGM.
  • 20060914 Grahame to do after the WGM with Gunther
  • 20061002: Telcon still open
  • 20070108: WGM: Grahame doesn't want to move entire text on the Wiki. Will talk to Gunther about process to start working on R2.
  • 20070712: Done - published as part of current ballot

Item: 1101

Opened 20060914, Doug Pratt, Version 2
Develop policy and procedure for reserving trigger event codes.

  • 14-Sep-06 Opened. Consider such things as where to store pending numbers, how long to hold a reservation, etc.
  • 20061002: Telcon still open
  • 20061004: Draft posted to wiki, see V2.x InM Identifier Reservations
  • 20070108: close this (with pride), done

Item: 1104

How to appoint additiona co-chairs in the new ITS SIG, procedural

  • Charlie McCay to find out how to get new co-chairs for the ITS sig.
  • 20060914: Opened
  • 20061002: Telcon still open
  • 2006-11-13 Open
  • 20070108: closed, new co-chair postition ahs been created

Item: 1105

Document that UML ITS R2 fulfills ITS acceptance citeria, UML ITS

  • Grahame Grieve & Charlie McCay to fill out a proposal with acceptance criteria and brought to a INM telecon for the new ITS work..
  • 20060914: Opened
  • 20061002: Telcon still open
  • 2006-11-13 Open
  • 20070110: Closed: This is now an action item on the ITS Sig agenda.

Item: 1106

Add project acceptance criteria to INM DMP, procedural

  • Tony Julian to document the existence of ITS acceptance criteria in the INM DMP and relate this to a more general project acceptance process (and pass to HQ for completion?)
  • 20060914: Opened
    • Rene: suggest that this be done in a generic fashion from the start (a project acceptance process), and not be project specific.
  • 20061002: Telcon still open
  • 2006-11-13 Open
  • 20070108: WGM: close, given that organziation as a whole is working on process & procedures in this area

Item: 1107

Clarify with MnM how you refer to model artifacts within the XML ITS, XML ITS

  • Charlie McCay to clarify with MnM how you refer to model artifacts within the XML ITS. (Mark suggests to write a document and propose it to MnM.)
  • 20060914: Opened
  • 20061002: Telcon still open
  • 2006-11-13 Open
  • 20070110: Still a good idea. To be transferred to ITS Sig
  • 20070326: Charlie created as an ITS SIG action -- suggest that it is closed here
  • 20070726: Scott: per Charlie's suggestion, moved to closed list

ITEM 1117

Prioritize the action items, Administrative

  • 2006-11-13 - New. Scott Robertson assigned.
  • 20070108: closed, due to low priority of the action item

ITEM 1118

Document gap between XML Schema and ITS Capabilities, XML

  • 2006-11-13 - New. Grahame to detail those requirements of the XML and UML ITS' that cannot be represented by XML Schemas. Related to Normative XML ITS Schema INM Workitem.
  • 20070110 - still undergoing further development. To be transferred to ITS Sig
  • 20070326 - Charlie: added item to ITS SIG list -- suggest closed here
  • 20070618 Closed Telcon 20070618

ITEM 1119

Propose an official status for XML schemas

  • 2006-11-13 - New. Grahame to contact HQ and see if there is an ANSI-defined status that conveys a level of correctness and support to implementers, but that stops short of "normative" and all of the burden that comes with it. If none exist, will propose a new status (e.g., "HL7 Sanctioned"). Related to Normative XML ITS Schema INM Workitem.
  • 20070110 - Still waiting for response - To chase up and transfer this item to ITS Sig
  • 20070326 - Charlie: action added to ITS SIG list - suggest closed here
  • 20070618 Closed Telcon 20070618


ITEM 1120

Draft Charter for ITS SIG

  • 2006-12-04 - New. Paul will work with Charlie to draft charter for ITS SIG to include XML and UML (and little, if any, emphasis on Transports). To be considered at 11 Dec 2006 InM Telcon.
  • 20070108: WGM: closed, done

ITEM 1123

Post ITS SIG Mission Statement ,,, Organizational

  • 2007-01-08 - Charlie McCay Charlie to post ITS SIG mission statement to WIKI, and direclty e-mail the content to Doug Pratt
  • 2007-03-26 Charlie: done -- the HL7.org website has also been updated
  • 20070618 Closed telcon 20070618

ITEM 1124

Harmonize the use of Transport in documents moved to INM Transmission and Transport Action Items Item 2028

ITEM 1127

InM Mission Statement: Consider splitting the V3 transmission and transport to reflect the expanded work of the ITS SIG. Change reference of XML SIG to ITS SIG., v2

  • Rene
  • 2007-01-08 New item.
  • 20070814, close, mission statement has been updated

ITEM 1128

Decision Making Process Document Review SOA SIG DMP to see if we can cull some of their best practices, especially with respect to committee membership.

  • Rene
  • 2007-01-08 New item.
  • 20070814, item closed, no new ideas found

ITEM 1131

Add documentation to the shared messages ballot that CACT is only used as a reference.

  • Rene, new, 2007-01-11
    • Related to line item 7 of the Jan2007 SharedMessages ballot.
    • This interaction isn't that much about nullifying the controlAct, it's actually about nullfying any associated actions the receiver may have taken - related to that CACT. The CACT is used as a "reference" in this use case, its status doesn't change
  • 20070502: Done, closed.

ITEM 1132

Bring existing CA material in the area of “consent in the controlActWrapper” forward to INM

  • Michael vC/Kathleen, new, 20070111
  • 20070502: WGM: Subsumed by other activities/action item around consent in CACT wrapper. Closed.

ITEM 1134

add documentation of expression grammars (*,?) to the datatypes specification, datatypes

  • ?, 2007019 new
  • 20070618: Telcon: Grahame will talk to Mark T, who raised the issue.
  • 20070712: done as part of datatypes R2

ITEM 1135

add PHON as a use code to the AD datatype, datatypes.

  • ?, 2007019 new
    • SRCH was removed from the use-code of the EN datatype by motion. (Note that the DRAFT minutes erroneously state that SRCH needs to be added. This should be PHON)
  • 20070712: done as part of datatypes R2

ITEM 1136

Reorganize entityNameUse vocab, datatypes

  • ?, 2007019 new
    • With respect to SRCH/PHON and child concepts. Some of the specializations will have to be retained.
  • 20070712: done as part of datatypes R2

ITEM 1138

find out in what datatype the "IIRef" functionality is covered'

  • 20070402 INM Telcon: Doug, new
    • Need word from Charlie McCay or Grahame to find out in what datatype “IIRef” is covered, i.e. the data type that holds the “URI/URL string”.
    • Paul: We have previously spoken about an IIRef data type to be used to refer from one object to another object. This was done May 2006. The we had discussion in Jan about creation of additional references. Unknown if this is contained in ISO Datatypes DSTU ballot. Need to have a solution or we won’t be able to reference (in the Wrappers R2 project) the attachment class from the payload in a Transmission.
  • 20080618 Closed see R2 proposal 94.

ITEM 1139

Orchestration of error responses in batch messages

opened:  2007-05-01
assigned: Rene
closed:  2007-05-01
  • 20070501 InM WGM Köln: Rene will be writing up this topic in the Dutch Implementation Guide. Will bring back to InM with a proposal as appropriate. Opened and Closed today, primarily to track the concept being considered.
  • 20070604: CLOSED

ITEM 1142

create HQ paperwork for Shared Message ballot for September 2007 ballot cycle

opened:  2007-05-02
assigned: Rene
  • 20070502 InM WGM Köln: Rene to create HQ paperwork for Shared Message ballot for September 2007 ballot cycle.
  • 20070604: still need balot announcement form
  • 20070618: Telcon closed

ITEM 1144

Remind JavaSIG to formally agree to the their new owner

Opened 2007-05-04
assigned: Grahame
  • 20070511: Sent email to the JavaSIG
  • 20070604: closed.

ITEM 1145

Complete paperwork for Datatypes abstract Draft For Comment

Opened 2007-05-04
assigned: Grahame
  • 20070604: still need ballot announcement form
  • 20070618: Closed see Minutes 20070618 Telcon

ITEM 1148

Datatypes R2 Status

opened 2007-07-02
assigned Scott
closed 2007-09-19
  • 20070702 Opened. Scott will contact the point person to join the next call, or send an update.
  • 20070919 WGM Wed Q2 - This session is a discussion of Datatype R2 ballot and project. This item is a moot point. CLOSED

ITEM 1150

Relationship of conformance and Null Flavor

opened 2007-07-02
assigned Scott
closed 2007-07-30
  • 20070702 Opened - Scott will contact the point person to join the next call, or send an update.
  • 20070730: Telcon: Grahame on the call, provided update. Close

ITEM: 2010

Reconcile discrepancy between ATS and WSP regarding Reliable Messaging [ATS/Webservices]

Opened:  20060110
Assigned to: Roberto
  • 20060110, Roberto Ruggeri, New, Webservices/ATS, Phoenix WGM: Item added to reconcile decision to make Reliable Messaging non-mandatory with the Abstract Transport Spec which requires “all” transports to be reliable.
  • 20060605: Still open
    • 20060510: SAT WGM: Lengthy discussion, outcome: In the overall HL7 implementation, there needs to be reliability at all levels, up to and including the application level. Transport can handle reliability only up to the point of delivery (DESTINATION). Motion approved to craft language for the ATS to address this item.
  • 20070502: Closed

ITEM: 2016

Opened: 20060501

Fix grammar issue in MCCI R2 Preface of next ballot, related to MCCI R2 line-item 138

  • 20060501, co-chairs, new, MMCI
    • For the MCCI preface related to batches: to replace “HL7 Query” with “'HL7 queries' in general” at the earliest convenient time, if the existing wording is used in the preface of the next ballot.
    • 20060821, will remain open, without updates, until such time MCCI is published again
    • 20070128 CLOSED, moved to MCCI R2 issue list

ITEM: 2017

Opened:  20060508

Get hold of CCOW abstract specification related to HL7 Messaging Architecture [MCCI]

Assigned to: Doug, Miroslav
  • 20060508, co-chairs, new, MCCI
  • 20070109, Miroslav, has sent e-mail to CCOW co-chairs, no reply. Doug will put Miroslav in contact with Barry Royer.
  • 20070502, Closed.


ITEM: 2018

Opened: 20060509

to add wording to MCCI Preface to explain rationale for fixing acceptAckCode to ER.

  • 20060509, Rene, new, MCCI
    • 20060509: INM WGM: added after discussing this requirement (again). Documentation should be clarified to ensure that future readers will not have the same questions.
    • 20060821: will remain open, without updates, until such time as MCCI is published again.
  • 20060912: WGM INM: assign to Miroslav, incoorporate in ATS if necessary.
  • 20060912, Miroslav, open, ATS
  • 20070128, CLOSED, added as an action item on the MCCI R2 page.

ITEM: 2028 CLOSED

Harmonize the use of Transport in documents [?]

Opened: 20060108
Old Action Item: 1024
Assigned to: Paul Knapp, Charlie McCay
Closed:  20070918 
  • 2006-01-08 - 'Paul Knapp and Charlie McCay - Harmonize the use of the word transport in InM documents
  • 20070918 WGM Tues Q2 – Charlie requests we drop this. It’s been open for a while and there seems to be little or no interest. There are more pressing issues to worry about. This will come back up if ballot comments indicate a problem. CLOSED

ITEM: 2029 CLOSED

Reword Constrain Transmission Wrapper to suit new thinking on SOA/MCCI progress [MCCI]

Opened:  20070108
Assigned to: Miroslav
Closed:  2007-09-18
  • 20070108 WGM, Added as a result of discussions during the joint MnM/INM meeting. Miroslav to add wording.
  • 20070918 WGM Tues Q1 – Charlie: done. Spreadsheet Miroslav did with Alan, splitting out elements of transmission wrapper that should be in the body. Under SOA, the contract specifies most/all of the transmission wrapper. This was included in the posting of MCCI and MCAI draft content (documents page). Suggest that this item can be closed. No disagreement: CLOSED

ITEM: 2033 CLOSED

Opened 20070111

Include RealmCode in root classes of interactions [MCCI R2]

Opened: 20070111 
Assigned to: 
Closed: 20070918
  • 20070111 MnM adopted a motion (shown here with comments, copied from Constraints on infrastructureRoot attributes) on
    • 2006-08-04: RealmCode should be an element which remains within the control of committees. InM should include it for message types rooted in Transmission classes and CDA should include it in the root Document class. Other committees should only expose it if they have an explicit use-case realmCode must be specifically asserted by the committee. We recommend that INM include this for transmission.
  • In the context of the new Wrappers R2 work, this probably means including it in the "Conversation" Act, part of the new ControlAct wrapper.
  • 20070501: Part of Wrappers R2.
  • 20070918 WGM Tue Q2: this is an action item or editorial changes for wrappers R2. added to the MCCI open items. Action Item CLOSE

ITEM: 2034

Create/update Wrapper Issues document [MCCI]

Opened:  20070110
Assigned to: Rene
    • 20070110 - San Diego WGM, InM TC Wed Q1 - New action item to create/update wiki page on MCCI R2 with latest status and related decisions.
    • Create an overview of previous decisions and motions made since publication of MCCI R1
    • 20070128 MCCI R2 done, CACT R2 has yet to be updated.
  • 20070501: closed.

ITEM: 2035 CLOSED

Refine definition or Transmission Wrapper attributes [MCCI]

Opened:  20070110
Assigned to: Miroslav, Alan, Charlie, JD
Closed:  20070918
  • 20070110 - San Diego WGM, InM TC Wed Q1 - New action item to refine defintion of Transmission Wrapper attributes, particularly relative to transmission versus message process versus payload. Task group to report at Cologne WGM
  • 20070501: available on a wiki page.
  • 2007-09-18 WGM Tues Q2 – found on wiki constrain transmission wrapper. Also in draft MCCI document. CLOSED

ITEM 2040

create discussion paper on the reuse of the IHE Actor principle

opened:  2007-05-03
assigned: Mark T, Rene
  • 20070503 InM WGM Köln: to create a discussion paper that explores the adoption of the concept of Actor (as defined by IHE) as part of the dynamic model to describe the semantics of Receiver Responsibilities (the Interface Contract).
    • “Actor” is confusing because of UML, redefine “Application Role”:
    • Application Role = set of supported Interactions, plus their respective Receiver Responsibilities (i.e. direct receiver responsibility, not conversation style). The set of supported interactions may include optionally supported interactions.

Device.id is uniquely linked to a set of Application Roles. There may be no overlap in terms of supported interactions by the ARs.

  • 20070604 INm Telcon: Rene: no update.
  • 20070813: closed. Similar concepts were introduced during the dynamic model meeting in Boston.

ITEM 2041 CLOSED

create a discussion paper related to replacement of InteractionId by other attributes

opened:  2007-05-03
assigned: Joe W, Mark T
closed:  20070918
  • 20070503 InM WGM Köln: to create a discussion paper that explores the option of introducing StaticModelID and TriggerEventID as explicit mandatory components in our message structure. This would replace the mandatory Interaction.Id as present in current messages.
  • 20070523: Joe:
    • The Trigger Event should be decoupled from the Interaction Id. To successfully create a SOA (re-usable service) the following evolution of a Service should be anticipated and encouraged:
      1. Locate a requirement / use case.
      2. Create the service to fulfil the requirement using flexible SOA technologies in an decoupled manner.
      3. The service is now de-coupled from the requirement allowing it to be used in new and unpredicted ways.
    • Therefore the label given to that service (the Interaction ID) should not be tightly coupled to the trigger event as this restricts it's use or invalidates the interactions ID. The Trigger Event should be an optional attribute of the interaction. This should also apply to conversation data.
  • 20070604 INM telcon: need a discussion of pros and cons, the bove isn't quite what we're looking for.
  • 20070918 WGM Tues Q2 – consensus that this was discussed in the conversation of 2032, with the conclusion that InM would like to introducing static model id and trigger event id as separate components. On the agenda for Tues Q3 joint with SOA and ITS. Discussion paper (paragraph) will be available for discussion in Thur Q1 dynamic model session. CLOSED