Hl7 Internal Architecture
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Architecture for HL7 work products
- HL7 has an internal architecture- the things that HL7 produces and the process that produce those products. There also an external architecture that describes how those products are used in external environments.
- CM - what questions does the Architecture answer? - both for what exists today and what we want it to do
- NO - to pull together a framework to produce a coherent business architecture
- JC - to use the process for documenting existing tool requirements to
- CM,JC,NO,CL - to review & revise
- <JC> ok, first I think we need to define what a coherent standards architecture is. I think that coherent means that we know:
- what are all the types of components that contribute to our specifications?
- what is the expected life cycle of each type of component? What processes are used for each step and what tools are used in each process?
- how do the components fit together to make up different types of specifications?
- what is the relationships between different types of specifications?
- what is the relationship between HL7 and other SDOs in relation to specifications?
- what the expected users of each type of specification?
- what do we expect the users of each type of specification to do to make use of the specification?
- I think if we can answer all these questions we will have derived not only a coherent internal HL7 architecture but also how HL7 relates to various types of external architectures, both business and technical. <JC>