Difference between revisions of "Health Care Devices (DEV) WG MTG 2012-05 Vancouver"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (x)
m (x)
Line 15: Line 15:
 
'''Location: Junior Ballroom Salon A, Sheraton Vancouver Ball Centre, Vancouver, BC'''
 
'''Location: Junior Ballroom Salon A, Sheraton Vancouver Ball Centre, Vancouver, BC'''
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
| width="50%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2012-04-14'''<br/> '''Time: Q1'''
+
| width="50%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2012-05-14 to 2012-05-18'''
 
|-
 
|-
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************--
 
| width="35%" colspan="1" align="left"|Todd Cooper
 
| width="25%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)'''
 
| width="30%" colspan="1" align="left"|Todd Cooper, John Rhoads
 
|-
 
| border="4" cellpadding="1" colspan="4" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
| border="1" cellpadding="2" colspan="1" align="left"|'''Attendee'''
 
| '''Name'''
 
|colspan="2"|'''Affiliation'''
 
 
<!---==============================================================================
 
|                                                                                |
 
|    AAAA  TTTTTT  TTTTTT  EEEEEE  NN    NN  DDDDD    EEEEEE  EEEEEE  SSSSS    |
 
|  AA  AA    TT      TT    EE      NNN  NN  DD  DD  EE      EE      SS        |
 
|  AAAAAA    TT      TT    EEEE    NN NN NN  DD  DD  EEEE    EEEE    SSSS      |
 
|  AA  AA    TT      TT    EE      NN  NNN  DD  DD  EE      EE          SS    |
 
|  AA  AA    TT      TT    EEEEEE  NN    NN  DDDDD    EEEEEE  EEEEEE  SSSSS      |
 
|                                                                                |
 
===============================================================================--->
 
<!-- *** Delete below instructions (5 lines) and add attendee information on following lines **-->
 
<noinclude>
 
 
|-style="font-style:italic; color:green;"
 
|[mark x if on the conference call, or regrets]
 
| [In this section, list those on the conference call]
 
| colspan="2"|[In this section, record attendee affiliation to identify preponderance of influence; indicate those guests that are not members of the WG.]
 
</noinclude>
 
 
|-
 
<!-- ********add attendee information here *********-->
 
| .|| .
 
|colspan="2"| .
 
|-
 
| .|| .
 
|colspan="2"|.
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
 
|colspan="4" |'''Quorum Requirements Met: Yes/No'''
 
|-
 
<noinclude>
 
 
|colspan="4" style="font-style:italic; color:green;" |''quorum achieved as defined in the Work Group Decision Making Practices?''
 
</noinclude>
 
 
|}
 
<!---=======================================================
 
|                                                          |
 
|    AAAA    GGGGG  EEEEEE  NN    NN  DDDDD    AAAA      |
 
|  AA  AA  GG      EE      NNN  NN  DD  DD  AA  AA    |
 
|  AAAAAA  GG  GGG  EEEE    NN NN NN  DD  DD  AAAAAA    |
 
|  AA  AA  GG  GG  EE      NN  NNN  DD  DD  AA  AA    |
 
|  AA  AA  GGGGG  EEEEEE  NN    NN  DDDDD    AA  AA    |
 
|                                                          |
 
========================================================--->
 
===Agenda===
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
<!-- ***** Delete instructions and fill in agenda items ON NEXT LINES  ****-->
 
#Reviewed and approved agenda 2012-JAN DEV WG Minutes / Action Items Review All Action Item topics captured with agenda items later this week
 
#Approved previous meeting minutes
 
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions and add document names/links ON NEXT LINES *****-->
 
#''<noinclude> <font color="green"> List any/all documents to be provided at the meeting, including their URL if applicable. For a WGM, indicate if hardcopies will be supplied or attendees should print off copies themselves''</font></noinclude>
 
 
===Minutes===
 
<!---================================================================
 
|                                                                  |
 
|  MM    MM  IIIIII  NN    NN  UU  UU  TTTTTT  EEEEEE  SSSSS    |
 
|  MMM  MMM    II    NNN  NN  UU  UU    TT    EE      SS        |
 
|  MM MMM MM    II    NN NN NN  UU  UU    TT    EEEE    SSSS      |
 
|  MM  M  MM    II    NN  NNN  UU  UU    TT    EE          SS    |
 
|  MM    MM  IIIIII  NN    NN  UUUU    TT    EEEEEE  SSSSS      |
 
|                                                                  |
 
=================================================================--->
 
<!-- **** Delete instructions  and fill in minutes ON NEXT LINES  ******-->
 
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
All Action Item topics captured with agenda items later this week
 
 
#HL7 Mission / Charter - 3 Year Plan - SWOT
 
#Initial review of current statements / documents
 
#Mission statement
 
"enterprise level" - means different things to different people; possibly used by some to "exclude" < what exactly???> ;
 
#ACTION:  (Hobbs) Provide a proposal for changing the wording of the first line of the Mission statement (starting "To facilitate the integration of health care device information at the enterprise level by ...")
 
#CLSI - Is this still an active area of coordination
 
#ACTION:  (Todd) contact CLSI to get an update w.r.t. their activity in this area
 
#(Andrez) CLSI POCT
 
#RF-ID & 2D Bar code; mechanical optical characteristics + semantic content; new project in CLSI Lab Automation
 
#Chapter 13 (HL7) IHE & CLSI working on an analyzer profile within LAB Domain; LAW profile (lab analyizer workflow)
 
 
#DEV WG Liaison groups - external
 
#WHO eHSCG - ACTION:  check with Melvin
 
#ACTION:  Consider adding
 
#ASTM F27,
 
#AAMI,
 
#extend CDRH to include MDICC
 
#IHTSDO (ACTION:  Christoph to assess)
 
#LOINC (NLM/Regenstrief) -
 
#ACTION:  Christoph to assess
 
#ACTION:  Follow up w/ Paul Schluter re. LOINC "harmonization" (per Cambridge 2010 Fall meetings)
 
DICOM
 
 
#HL7 Internal Relationships
 
#Consider adding
 
##Conformance WG
 
##Tooling WG
 
#ACTION:  Garguilo to coordinate
 
 
#HL7 DEV WG Charter
 
#Reviewed the current items in the Charter statement
 
#IDC - Should stay within the Charter of the DEV WG
 
#Consider adding:
 
#Model driven definitions related to POC / PHD devices DCM4MD (Patient Care ...)
 
#ACTION (Rhoads) Check HL7 project for DCM4MD
 
...
 
#Command & Control: 
 
 
 
 
SWOT
 
#Strengths
 
#Weakness
 
#Security WG engagement - should there be more engatement
 
#Opportunity
 
#Mobile Health WG engagement:
 
#FIHR WG?
 
#Threats
 
 
#Mobile Health WG Forming
 
#Forming - Scope, Mission, Charter etc.
 
#Where did this come from?
 
#Many questions aimed at HL7 w.r.t mHealth engagement
 
#march 16th first TCon to kick off consideration
 
#Presentations on HL7 server ... wiki page
 
#Agenda:
 
#Interim co-chair elections
 
#Liaisons (include DEV WG)
 
#3-Year Plan
 
#Decision Making Process
 
#Charter
 
#ID data standards & functional requirements
 
#ID & promote terminology for interoperability
 
#Coordinate & cooperate with other groups
 
#With DEV WG:  Clear touch points w/ PHD devices
 
#Definition of mHealth? 
 
#<see definition from glossary - Rhoads provides reference>
 
#Specifically "Mobile Health Device" focused ... need to clarify in Scope w.r.t. DEV WG Scope
 
#Need to delineate "use cases" to clarify the class of applications that may be the focus of the group
 
#Is this mostly a "presentation" application set
 
#Where does telehealth fit within HL7 today?  Historically?
 
#ACTION ?:  (Co-Chairs?) Determine whether this mHealth WG would require updating the definition of "health care devices" definition, or does this need to wait until the mHealth group figures out what it's charter is?
 
 
#DCM4MD General Update
 
#Jan provided a general history / origin of the project
 
#DCM around ventilator usage, was created and has been taken to ballot - comments being resolved?
 
#Thursday Q4 will review specific work in this area
 
 
 
#Adjourned 5:05 pm Pacific Time
 
 
 
===Meeting Outcomes===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"
 
|-
 
<!---==============================================================
 
|                                                                |
 
|    AAAA    CCCCC  TTTTTT  IIIIII  OOOOO  NN    NN  SSSSS    |
 
|  AA  AA  CC        TT      II    OO  OO  NNN  NN  SS        |
 
|  AAAAAA  CC        TT      II    OO  OO  NN NN NN  SSSS      |
 
|  AA  AA  CC        TT      II    OO  OO  NN  NNN      SS    |
 
|  AA  AA  CCCCC    TT    IIIIII  OOOOO  NN    NN  SSSSS      |
 
|                                                                |
 
===============================================================--->
 
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''<noinclude><font color="green">(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''</font></noinclude>
 
 
* .
 
|-
 
<!---=======================================================================
 
|                                                                          |
 
|  NN    NN  EEEEEE  XX  XX  TTTTTT      MM    MM  TTTTTT  GGGGG      |
 
|  NNN  NN  EE      XX XX    TT        MMM  MMM    TT    GG          |
 
|  NN NN NN  EEEE      XXX      TT        MM MMM MM    TT    GG  GGG    |
 
|  NN  NNN  EE      XX XX    TT        MM  M  MM    TT    GG  GG    |
 
|  NN    NN  EEEEEE  XX  XX    TT        MM    MM    TT    GGGGG      |
 
|                                                                          |
 
========================================================================--->
 
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
*.
 
|}
 
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
 
 
 
 
Reviewed and approved agenda
 
2012-JAN DEV WG Minutes / Action Items Review
 
 
 
 
MONDAY - Q2
 
 
 
 
 
MONDAY - Q3
 
 
IEEE 11073 Update (Bennett)
 
<see slides>
 
11073 PAR approach
 
ACTION:  (Wittenber) Open Amendment PAR
 
ACTION:  (Wittenber) Modify current Revision PAR to "restructure standard" , consider ...
 
Withdraw current Revision PAR
 
Submit new PAR for an Overview & Arch Document
 
Plan to submit a new PAR for a DB standard - ONCE THE PROCESS IS FINALIZED BY IEEE; Kathryn to report @ September 2012 Baltimore meetings
 
Note:  "7x" annual reviews:  4 F2F RevCom/year + 3 TCon meetings
 
10102 aECG
 
Paul should have a complete draft document around June 7th
 
Ballot Invitees:  Harry Solomon (DICOM), Barry Brown (RCRIM), ... HRS?
 
MoU's
 
IHTSDO - Changes in senior management @ both org's stalled renewal ... will be resubmitted soon
 
HL7 - Up for renewal soon ... will confer with HL7 Staff (Karen V.) regarding this process and timing
 
RTMMS:  IEEE Senior Management considering making access to RTMMS freely available (!!!)
 
Final decision by 15 June 2012 - possible stakeholder meeting in June at NIST
 
Open questions include governance of who gets to participate in which role
 
Working Group Policies and Procedures need to be checked - should PHD maintain separate ones? TBD
 
ACTION:  (Wittenber / Kirwan) to determine if there can be a single harmonized set of working group PnP's, to report back summer 2012
 
"Ecosystem Mapping Session: Discussion w/ Melvin @ Piscataway in April;
 
13 action items identified
 
Potential usage of the ISO DB process model
 
Participation @ ITU-WHO Workshop e-Health Standards & Interoperability, Geneva, 26-27 april 2012 ... IEEE participation
 
DICOM Request for nomenclature terms:
 
After 2 years, IEEE processed copyright request for -10101 ecg value sets; -10102 is "on hold" until published
 
AED QoS:
 
Looking at an "AED" (defib) Quality of Service (?) part
 
No current devices support this type of 911 calling (per those in the room who are familiar with these systems)
 
ACTION:  (Kathryn) to follow up with 802 contact <name?> to convene a discussion about the possible opportunities in this area
 
EMBS conference in San Diego ... plan on an 11073 presentation?
 
ACTION:  (Kathryn) to contact Elliot Sloane to determine if he can
 
Consider whether EMBS is the correct society home for 11073; proposed is "CommSoc"
 
IEEE-SA @ HIMSS 2013 ... will have a booth
 
? "South by Southwest Interactive 2013" - Should there be an IEEE-SA presence?  11073 session
 
IEEE-SA SASB & Committees:
 
Never been any 11073 representation on these committees
 
 
 
MONDAY - Q4
 
 
ICE Update (Rausch)
 
<see slides>
 
General discussion around clarification of points on slides
 
For "Plan Going Forward" ... it will be announced in the next few months exactly what those steps are, which includes a restart of the "formal standards work"
 
General discussion of what will be specified in the ASTM specifications (clinical scenario level, technical implementation level) and how conformance can be tested, also at what point will the deliberations on the standards be visible outside the small working group
 
 
IEEE Document Numbering Issue
 
For example, Wittenber is proposing 11073-10301-Gx for various "flavors" of an infusion pump device specialziation
 
ACTION:  (Kathryn) Will check for options.
 
 
ISO TC215 WG7 Resolutions Report
 
11073-10422 is STILL AN ACTIVE PROJECT!!!
 
11073-10417 published, being amended, when amended to be submitted for Fast Track
 
11073-10418 INR monitor - ISO asks that it be submitted for Fast Track
 
New items to be added to work program -10413, -10419, -10441, -10442, -10443
 
Daidi Zhong: -10406 should be in this list - K. Bennet: there is a resolution on this in Finland meeting
 
 
TC215 WG7 being reorganized back into WG2 (where it formerly was)
 
 
IEEE 11073 Personal Health Devices work group update (Daidi Zhong) -  see presentation
 
More members and institutions
 
Conference calls changed to Thursday 8:15 Pacific
 
4 new PARS: Resp Rate, Urine Analysis, Sleep Apnea Breathing.., Sleep Quality Monitor
 
 
-20601 revision in progress
 
-10411 in 2nd rev.
 
P11073 -10419 - renewed interest from several members, now going forward
 
P11073-00103 PHD over iew recommended for approval by NesCom
 
New PARs approved
 
-10423 Sleep Quality Monitor - team is clarifying scope, might need to be split into two PARs
 
-10424 Sleep Apnea Breathing Therapy Equipment.
 
-10425 Continuous Glucose Monitor
 
 
No progress on P11073-10413 (Respiration) ,  -10404 (pulse oximeter) currently lacking lead authors
 
 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 

Revision as of 03:48, 15 May 2012

Meeting Information

HL7 Health Care Devices (HCD / DEV) and IEEE 11073 Medical Device Communications General Committee Meeting Minutes

Location: Junior Ballroom Salon A, Sheraton Vancouver Ball Centre, Vancouver, BC

Date: 2012-05-14 to 2012-05-18