Health Care Devices (DEV) WG
The Health Care Devices (DEV) working group seeks to facilitate integration of health care device information throughout the health care enterprise, enabling more efficient and accurate processing of device-related data and ultimately resulting in improved patient safety and quality of care.
To accomplish this integration, the working group is actively engaged in...
- Establishing standardized version 2.x and version 3 messaging profiles to support health care device interoperability at the enterprise level
- Harmonizing device data models between HL7 and other organizations including ISO/IEEE 11073
- Harmonizing and coordinating device terminology usage within HL7 components
- Support revision and harmonization of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI ) Point of Care Test (POCT) and laboratory automation standards
- General coordination and harmonization between HL7 and other national and international organizations involved in health care device informatics and interoperability
Note: This group was formerly (pre-2005) known as LAPOCT.
See also: Health Care Devices WG on www.HL7.org
Please join the Health Care Devices list server to receive WG status updates and participate in the group's activities.
The DEV WG supports a number of individual and joint projects:
- Detailed Clinical Models for Medical Devices (DCM-MD) - Primary lead Patient Care.
Working group meeting wiki pages:
Given the strong partnership between the DEV WG and other organizations, the following links may also be of interest:
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) 11073 Working Group for Medical Device Communication.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) POCT Area Committee and Laboratory Automation Area Committee
- World Health Organization eHealth Standardization Coordination Group (WHO eHSCG)
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise Patient Care Device Domain (IHE PCD)