Health Care Devices (DEV) WG
The Health Care Devices (DEV) working group seeks to facilitate integration of health care device information throughout the health care enterprise, enabling more efficient and accurate processing of device-related data and ultimately resulting in improved patient safety and quality of care.
To accomplish this integration, the working group is actively engaged in...
- Establishing standardized version 2.x messaging profiles and version 3 constructs to support health care device interoperability at the enterprise level
- Harmonizing device data models between HL7 and other organizations including ISO/IEEE 11073
- Harmonizing and coordinating device terminology usage within HL7 components
- Support revision and harmonization of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI - formerly NCCLS) Point of Care Test (POCT) and laboratory automation standards
- General coordination and harmonization between HL7 and other national and international organizations involved in health care device informatics and interoperability
See also: Health Care Devices WG on www.HL7.org
Please join the Health Care Devices list server to receive WG status updates and participate in the group's activities.
Given the strong partnership between the DEV WG and other standards-based organizations, the following links may also be of interest:
- Agendas are also posted on the health care devices web page.
- The minutes can also be found on the DEV WG minutes web page.
- <minutes of WGMs>