Difference between revisions of "Harmonization Editor Manual"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 19:08, 30 September 2007
Manual Changes for Release 1.1.0
Changes to the Editor in Release 1.1.0 changed a number of the screens and caused some of the error messages to be retired. In order to allow the manual to be used for both Release 1.0 and 1.1.0, the manual has, in most cases, been edited leaving the old content in, but "striking it out" (
like this) and annotating all figures that show older, no longer valid screens.
These changes were made October 21, 2007 when the new Editor was released. The old content will be removed from the manual in a couple of weeks.
This is the initial pass at creating a manual for the Vocabulary Harmonization Editor tool that has been developed for HL7. This application permits:
- Loading the vocabulary content from an HL7 Design Repository
- Browsing that content
- Preparing harmonization proposals for vocabulary changes
- Applying those changes to the source data base
- Amending XML proposal files with an XML editor, rather than through the application.
The foundation of this application is:
- An implementation of the HL7 CTS specification that allows it to read the HL7 vocabulary content from the design repository.
- The HL7 Vocabulary Maintenance Language that defines operations on the HL7 vocabulary data as an XML "command file". (Sections of the specification for this language are included in the documentation of this application.)
- Code to allow a user to interactively create and update (proposal for change)
- Code to apply the change file to the database.