This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Difference between revisions of "HL7 WMG and Plenary, Sept 2016, Baltimore"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 242: Line 242:
  
 
==TUE Q1==
 
==TUE Q1==
  - attendees:  
+
  - attendees: 12
 
#Joint With FHIR Infrastructure (confirmed)  
 
#Joint With FHIR Infrastructure (confirmed)  
 
#*SOA specification within FHIR: Claude: Connectathon brief. Were able to connect the careweb into the HAPI JPA server, EPS, and CDS Manager. Ran into problems with the connection to the UCS. Claude did a short demo as much as he could but one of the servers that he needed wasn't available. Discussion on solutions to problem encountered.
 
#*SOA specification within FHIR: Claude: Connectathon brief. Were able to connect the careweb into the HAPI JPA server, EPS, and CDS Manager. Ran into problems with the connection to the UCS. Claude did a short demo as much as he could but one of the servers that he needed wasn't available. Discussion on solutions to problem encountered.
Line 250: Line 250:
 
How do you make the bridge btwn functional and behavioral?
 
How do you make the bridge btwn functional and behavioral?
 
Vadim: Is there a conflict in the first place? The question is really one of design process? Because of our relationship with OMG, we are in the unusual position of implementation being ahead of development. 2 possible approaches:
 
Vadim: Is there a conflict in the first place? The question is really one of design process? Because of our relationship with OMG, we are in the unusual position of implementation being ahead of development. 2 possible approaches:
#* Use FHIR only as payload
+
# Use FHIR only as payload
#* Use FHIR as the data end
+
# Use FHIR as the data end
  
 
What's available in FHIR (three pillars):
 
What's available in FHIR (three pillars):
Line 259: Line 259:
 
looking at the order service and the order resource in FHIR, what is the relationship. Jerry: simple question without a simple answer.  
 
looking at the order service and the order resource in FHIR, what is the relationship. Jerry: simple question without a simple answer.  
 
Ken: how do we get consistent behavior across different implementations? Vince: FHIR spec of operations should do that.  
 
Ken: how do we get consistent behavior across different implementations? Vince: FHIR spec of operations should do that.  
#*Align with the scheduling service
+
Discussion on possible solutions led to the conclusion that we may need to create an implementation guide for a specific service, such as scheduling service.
 +
Need to figure out how this implementation guide would fit into the OMG process.
 +
How do we move from waterfall to more Agile in developing SOA spec. Right now you need to have a completed STU before moving into the OMG process. We want to move to some parallel development of STU, FHIR resources, and OMG project.
 +
 
 +
Work these questions in the CDS project.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
Catalog service: If trying to do CDS that is evidence based, difficult to do this because of different vocabularies in different systems. The catalog service helps to keep all catalogs in sync. This includes vocab and bindings/constraints associated as well as the ability to constrain using context.
 +
 
 +
We will have a joint meeting between SOA and FHIR-I at the January WGM. Diana will make that invitation.
  
 
==TUE Q2==
 
==TUE Q2==

Revision as of 14:27, 20 September 2016

DRAFT 2016 September Working Group Meeting - Baltimore, Maryland - SOA WORKING GROUP

Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) WORKING GROUP SESSIONS

Back to SOA Wiki: Meetings

Agenda and Meeting Minutes

Day Date Qtr Time AGENDA ITEMS Session Leader Room
SUN MAY 08 Q1 9:00-10:30 No Meeting .
Q2 11:00-12:30 No Meeting .
Q3 1:45 -3:00 No Meeting .
Q4 3:30 -5:00 No Meeting .
MON SEP 19 Q1 9:00-10:30 No Meeting .
Q2 11:00-12:30 No Meeting .
Q3 1:45 -3:00 Workgroup Overview / HSSP Intro / New Attendee "Jumpstart"
  • Provides overview of the workgroup, mission, charter, objectives, current work, etc.
  • Intended for all audiences.
SOA Guest Room 317
Q4 3:30-5:00 "Round Robin" Project Updates

Each active project collaborating with SOA will provide a 5-10 minute update on their current status and activities planned for the week. This is the best quarter to attend to receive an overview of all SOA-related work across all projects.

  • New HSSP cover page
  • PASS Access Control
  • PASS Audit
  • Clinical Decision Support on FHIR
  • Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Project Update
  • Coordination of Care Service - Tech Spec Status
  • Ordering Service - RFP Update
  • Event Notification/Escalation Service
  • HL7 Cloud Planning Guide Document
  • Pub/Sub Service
  • FHIR Connect-a-thon
  • SOA on FHIR
  • Scheduling/Resource Management Service
SOA Guest Room 317
TUE SEP 20 Q1 9:00-10:30 Joint With FHIR Infrastructure (confirmed)
  • SOA specification within FHIR
SOA Guest Room 317
Q2 11:00-12:30 Joint w/ Patient Care (Confirmed)
  • Care Coordination Discussion
SOA Guest Room 317
Q3 1:45-3:00 Patient Administration (Confirmed)
  • Scheduling Service Discussion
SOA Guest Room 317
Q4 3:30 - 5:00 Ordering Service and X-Paradigm Interop Discussions
  • Ordering Service Discussion
    • Walkthrough of ordering service technical specification work,
    • relationship to FHIR workflow activities, and
    • state of OMG submissions
  • X-Paradigm Interoperability Project Discussion
    • TBD
SOA Guest Room 317
Q5 Birds of a Feather
  • Open Source
Baltimore
WED SEP 21 Q1 9:00-10:30 Split meeting

1. Joint w/EHR, Security, CBCC, SOA, FHIR

  • See EHR Agenda for topics Electronic Health Records Hosting

________________________

2. Scheduling Service Continuing discussion

  • TBD


SOA
  • Constellation C
  • Guest Room 317
Q2 11:00-12:30 Joint w/Security (confirmed)
  • Joint SOA/Security Projects and concerns.
    • PASS ACS vote to request publication
    • HL7 Cloud Planning Guide Overview
    • PASS Audit
SOA Frederick
Q3 / Q4 1:45 -3:00 / 3:30 -5:00 Refresh of Service Functional Model specification process in the world of FHIR.
  • The current Service specification process involves both HL7 and OMG and generally defers technical implementation until further in the process. Given the energy around FHIR and the potential for lost opportunity to impact FHIR, this discussion will revisit our approach to determine better ways to align with and engage FHIR activities synergistically with SOA efforts.
SOA
  • Pisces
  • Guest Room 317
THU SEP 22 Q1 9:00-10:30 HL7 Cloud Planning Guide Work session
  • Presentation on Amazon Web Services by Zachary Huy.
  • Cloud Planning Guide Survey
  • Develop a Cloud blueprint sample
  • Flesh out draft document
SOA Guest Room 317
Q2 11:00-12:30 Hot Topics
  • TBD
SOA Guest Room 317
Q3 1:45 - 3:00 No Meeting .
Q4 3:30 - 5:00 No Meeting .
FRI SEP 23 Q1 9:00-10:30 No Meeting .
Q2 11:00-12:30 No Meeting .
Q3 1:45 -3:00 No Meeting .
Q4 3:30 -5:00 No Meeting .


Q1=9:00 – 10:30 am; Q2=11:00 – 12:30 pm; Q3=1:45 – 3:00 pm; Q4=3:30 – 5:00 pm

Back to SOA Wiki: Meetings

Business Meeting
Technical Meeting

Meeting Minutes Draft

Back to SOA Wiki: Meetings


MON Q3

- attendees:
  1. Workgroup Overview / HSSP Intro / New Attendee "Jumpstart"
    • Provides overview of the workgroup, mission, charter, objectives, current work, etc.

All of the attendees were already familiar and active in SOA so we opened the floor to anyone who wanted to share about what they are involved with.

Jerry Goodnough: Discussion revolved around changes happening to Pub/sub. As far as Jerry knows, no one on Patient Care who goes to OMG also attends HL7. Ordering Service - October 7 initial submission but likely will end up slipping that entry. Models are on HSBC.

Diana brought up the question regarding attendance at SOA All hands meetings

Ken: HSPC has agreed to own the project.

Vadim, Jerry, and Preston are planning to meet to discuss (what Ken introduced).

Vadim: Need to identify use cases which would lead to implementation guides.

Ken: The containerization and

We have 2 quarters this week looking at the HSSP/OMG process with HL7. Graham will be joining us Q4 Wed.

Right now it's a bit waterfall. Graham would like to see it more Agile.

Talking about FHIR-I joint meeting: What do we want that meeting agenda to consist of?

Mon Q4

- attendees: 10
  1. Welcome and Introductions: Went around and introduced ourselves
  2. Agenda Review, approval 10 attendees: Passed unanimously
  3. Round Robin updates
    • New HSSP cover page: Vincent displayed the new cover page on the HSSP.
    • PASS Access Control: Diana - Ballot reconciliation package has been uploaded. Will vote on to bring this to publication this week.
    • PASS Audit: resurrecting the previous effort. Using all previous work and comments. Will bring this to ballot in January 2017.
    • Clinical Decision Support on FHIR: (Claude not present) Manoj - Connectathon. Leveraged work on Decision Support Model work. CDS Hook is geared toward integration into the EMR. Claude is trying to establish an ongoing CDS FHIR connectathon every two weeks for CDS. Goal is to get the cycles going faster. CDS on FHIR is a methodology and series of resources for pulling information to support a CDS. This supports all CDS use cases.
    • Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Project Update: Ken Lord - all the objections in ballot have been addressed and resolved. Ballot reconciliation package has been updated. This was an informative ballot. Australia has been using this as well as folks in the US. Implementation guide is in 2 part, behavioral and informational (MDMI). On the MDMI, did information exchange using open source tools. Have had multiple implementations on the informational (MDMI) side of this guide. Expect to go into some pilots with some HIEs in the short term. Working with FHIM, VPR, DES among others. VA, as part of standards and interop, knowledge-based services (Ken Rubin). Australia has shown interest in MDMI and MDHT. Question: where do we go from here? Maybe provide some information on the HSSP website? This is an OMG standard.
    • Coordination of Care Service - Tech Spec Status: Emma - collaboration between patient care and SOA. Been through the STU phases and in the process of getting the FM published. Finishing up the publication request. Will submit the pub request this week. FM is based on the care plan DAM.
    • Ordering Service - Jerry - RFP Update: Currently at OMG. Letters of intent period has closed but don't know who has actually submitted a letter of intent. Initial sub is in Nov 7. Final submission date targeted for March but will likely slip to September. HL7 members are entitled to participate in OMG activities. May have some implementation by mid 2017.
    • Event Notification/Escalation Service: EPS and Unified Communication Service? Jerry isn't sure what is meant by this.
    • HL7 Cloud Planning Guide Document: Vadim - Market need to identify resources for a Cloud Service. Next step is to break it down and start writing a draft blueprint.
    • Pub/Sub Service: Reference implementation is still at OMG. Published. Good until Feb 2017. At the September 2016 meeting, review DSTU comments and see if ready to proceed to Normative in Jan 2017 or if more time is needed to implement before publishing then request DSTU extension in Jan 2017 meeting.
    • Unified Communications Service: Published. Good until Feb 2017. At the September 2016 meeting, review DSTU comments and see if ready to proceed to Normative in Jan 2017 or if more time is needed to implement before publishing then request DSTU extension in Jan 2017 meeting.
    • FHIR Connect-a-thon: See CDS - FHIR Scheduling resources - need to align with the Scheduling service. Ordering Service have a lot of behavioral components that aren't currently in FHIR. Clause was also integrating the Unified Communications Service with FHIR but not successful yet.
    • SOA on FHIR: This is going to be Q3-4 on Wednesday. Have some concrete proposals based on discussions between Graham and Ken.
    • Scheduling/Resource Management Service: Have a draft PSS. Will be finalizing this during the WGM.
    • All Hands meeting schedule and attendance: General consensus that we move to once a month, status update meeting. Other business to be discussed after the status updates as needed.

TUE Q1

- attendees: 12
  1. Joint With FHIR Infrastructure (confirmed)
    • SOA specification within FHIR: Claude: Connectathon brief. Were able to connect the careweb into the HAPI JPA server, EPS, and CDS Manager. Ran into problems with the connection to the UCS. Claude did a short demo as much as he could but one of the servers that he needed wasn't available. Discussion on solutions to problem encountered.

The SOA specification pre-dated FHIR. Question is how we bridge that gap? Question are we creating APIs that can interface with FHIR or do we create FHIR APIs. How do we bring the two worlds together? How do you make the bridge btwn functional and behavioral? Vadim: Is there a conflict in the first place? The question is really one of design process? Because of our relationship with OMG, we are in the unusual position of implementation being ahead of development. 2 possible approaches:

  1. Use FHIR only as payload
  2. Use FHIR as the data end

What's available in FHIR (three pillars): PUB/SUB Operations

looking at the order service and the order resource in FHIR, what is the relationship. Jerry: simple question without a simple answer. Ken: how do we get consistent behavior across different implementations? Vince: FHIR spec of operations should do that. Discussion on possible solutions led to the conclusion that we may need to create an implementation guide for a specific service, such as scheduling service. Need to figure out how this implementation guide would fit into the OMG process. How do we move from waterfall to more Agile in developing SOA spec. Right now you need to have a completed STU before moving into the OMG process. We want to move to some parallel development of STU, FHIR resources, and OMG project.

Work these questions in the CDS project.


Catalog service: If trying to do CDS that is evidence based, difficult to do this because of different vocabularies in different systems. The catalog service helps to keep all catalogs in sync. This includes vocab and bindings/constraints associated as well as the ability to constrain using context.

We will have a joint meeting between SOA and FHIR-I at the January WGM. Diana will make that invitation.

TUE Q2

- attendees: 
  1. Joint w/ Patient Care (Confirmed)
    • Care Coordination Discussion

TUE Q3

- attendees:
  1. Patient Administration (Confirmed)
    • Scheduling Service Discussion

TUE Q4

- attendees: 
  1. Ordering Service Discussion
    • Walkthrough of ordering service technical specification work,
    • relationship to FHIR workflow activities, and
    • state of OMG submissions
  2. X-Paradigm Interoperability Project Discussion
    • TBD

WED Q1: Split meeting

  1. Joint w/EHR, Security, CBCC, SOA, FHIR (See EHR for meeting minutes)
- attendees:
  1. Scheduling Service Continuing discussion

WED Q2

- attendees: 
  1. Joint SOA/Security Projects and concerns.
  2. PASS ACS vote to request publication
  3. HL7 Cloud Planning Guide Overview
  4. PASS Audit

WED Q3/Q4

- attendees:
  1. Refresh of Service Functional Model specification process in the world of FHIR.
    • The current Service specification process involves both HL7 and OMG and generally defers technical implementation until further in the process. Given the energy around FHIR and the potential for lost opportunity to impact FHIR, this discussion will revisit our approach to determine better ways to align with and engage FHIR activities synergistically with SOA efforts.

Thurs Q1

- attendees:
  1. HL7 Cloud Planning Guide Work session
    • Presentation on Amazon Web Services by Zachary Huy.
    • Cloud Planning Guide Survey
    • Develop a Cloud blueprint sample
    • Flesh out draft document

Thurs Q2

- attendees:
  1. Hot Topics

Attendees

SOA Attendee 1 MON Q3 2 MON Q4 3 Co-Chair 4 DESD SD 5 TUE Q1 6 TUE Q2 7 TUE Q3 8 TUE Q4 9 WED Q1 at EHR 10 WED Q2 11 WED Q3 12 WED Q4 13 THU Q1
Ken RubinSOA Co-Chair/VA x x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Diana Proud-MadrugaSOA Co-Chair/VA x x x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Vincent McCauley SOA Co-Chair/Telstra Health x x x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Stefano Lotti SOA Co-Chair 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Vadim Polyankov Inovalon x x x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Dan Morford Book Zurman 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Dave Carlson Book Zurman 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Sean Muir JHNsoftware 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Andy Bond NEHTA 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Robert Bishop VA 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Nancy Orvis DoD 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Russell Ott Deloitte 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Trish Williams Edith Corvan Univ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Jerry Goodnough Cognitive Med. Sys. x x x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Chris Shawn VA 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Mohammad Jafari 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 -
Duane DeCouteau VA 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Mike Davis VA 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Johnathan Coleman ONC 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Don Jorgenson Inpriva 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Hideyuki Miyohara HL7 Japan 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Josh Mandel Children's Harvard x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Kevin Shekleton Cerner x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Yunwei Wang] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Maxim Abramsky] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Raphael Majeed] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Artem Sopin] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Laura Heermann] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Martin Rosner] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Emma Jones Allscripts x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Steve Hufnagel] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Raheem Daya] McKesson 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto: Shane Loney] McKesson 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Claude Nanjo Cognitive x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Lorraine Constable Constable Consulting 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Greg Gustafson Penrad 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Daniel Laupheur McKesson 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Bryn Rhodes ESAC 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Preston Lee VA, Arizona State University x x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Ken Lord VA x x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Juha Mykkanen HL7 Finland/National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) Finland x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Bryn Lewis Intelsoft x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Manoj Sharma Allscripts x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Chana West ESAC Inc. x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Kevan Riley Infor (?) x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Zach May ESAC Inc. x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
Rashedul Hasan x 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto:] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto:] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .
[mailto:] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .