HL7 Stability Standard Implementation Guide Teleconference Minutes 2009-09-28
HL7 Stability Standard Pilot/Implementation Guide Teleconference Minutes
September 28, 2009
Norman Gregory (CVM), Elizabeth Cormier (CVM), David Longstaff (CVM), Tim Lee (CBER), Terry Hardin (Perfitech), Catherine Hosage-Norman (Sepracor), Mike Mlodzik (Fort Dodge Animal Health), Paul Tenaglia (Apotex), Mike Yang (ScienTek Software), Edward Pec (Abbott Laboratories), and Diane Miller (Alpharma)
- HL7 data types have the ability to have null value even thought the have a minimum occurrence of 1 in the XML schema. This is how HL7 can have a data type that would be mandatory by XML because of the minimum occurrence can be required instead. A link to the HL7 data types: http://www.hl7.org/v3ballot8/html/foundationdocuments/helpfiles/datatypes.htm
- Once the Common Product Model has passed ballot we will create CMETs (Common Message Element - portions of a model for use by other) for the portions eStability need to use. We will wait till after the Mat 2010 ballot to start this. to see the Common Product Model go to: http://www.hl7.org/v3ballot/html/welcome/environment/index.htm using the left-side menu, click “Universal Domains” then click “Common Product Model” (9th one down), you can also see the eStability model by clicking “Universal Domains”, then click “Regulated Studies” then click “Stability Study, Release 2”.
- Catherine gave a demo of the Input Tool provided by Terry.
- The Input Tool is ready for testing, it can be found at www.eStability.org then click on wiki at top of page and it is at the bottom. there is also a Word file “input_tool_observations” that documents known issues.
- The Document ID and OID’s need to be in OID structure to validate.
- The address box under the “Organizations” tab list State and City on ”City” line. This box might get changed.
- Calendar function would be nice if you could skip by year too, can skip by month. You can edit the field, but you have to do the year, month and day separately.
- Can the Input Tool do some of the validation?
- Replicate tables do not work in view.
- For the next four month period there will be no teleconference on Monday October 12th.
Agenda for October 5, 2009 Teleconference:
- We will continue to use Adobe connect (to join the meeting: https://collaboration.fda.gov/hl7/).
- Input Tool feedback.