HL7 Learning Partner Sub-Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is related to discussions of the "HL7 Learning Partner Program". See Education Home Page for general issues related to the provision of HL7 Education.
- Group members: Rene Spronk, Melva Peters, Mark McDougall, Sharon Chaplock, Heather Grain
- Planning: Will need to address all of the issues (as documented below); Will need a position statement (by the education WG); Proposal to be ready for May 2014 WGM
HL7 Learning Partner Program
Initial Proposal - DRAFT ONLY
- HL7 International not wishing to compete with Affiliates
- What is the qualification of the organizations who provide training? To become a partner and to remain a partner
- We need to develop core competencies on evaluation of “teachers”
- HL7 Code of conduct that precludes endorsement of one member over another
- Competition with HL7 International offerings
- Dilution of the HL7 brand
- Risk of saturation of market with HL7 sanctioned training
- Need to understand how this is different from what is happening today
- Do we have the time to do the evaluations in a volunteer organization?
- Affiliate agreement just signed and would need to be changed/amended
- There may be an issue for some of the HL7 International teachers in providing training some countries
- Is there an opportunity for partners to develop material where we do not have resources/time?
- Formalizes a framework for what we are currently doing
- Additional revenue
- Offers an opportunity for management of the HL7 brand