This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "February 5, 2014 Education Telecon"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 41: Line 41:
 
**If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
 
**If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
 
  Action:  Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval
 
  Action:  Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval
*** Feb 5 2014: Melva not present, not sure if follow up happened.  Update next education meeting.
+
Feb 5 2014: Melva not present, not sure if follow up happened.  Update next education meeting.
  
 
===Project Approval===
 
===Project Approval===

Revision as of 19:25, 18 February 2014

Attendees

  • Patrick E. Loyd (chair and scribe)
  • Ken Chin
  • Finnie Flores
  • Jean Duteau
  • Katherine Duteau
  • Diego Kaminker
  • Mary Ann Boyle
  • Harry Solomon

Agenda

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • will be recorded at the WGM
    • Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
Action: Patrick to follow up with Ron for next March Education meeting
  • Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
    • The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
    • If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
Action:  Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval
Feb 5 2014: Melva not present, not sure if follow up happened.  Update next education meeting.

Project Approval

Action:  Patrick to followup with Chairs to see if approved by TSC

May 2014 Tutorial Grid Review

  • Any further action needed

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • Approval of v2 Workshop PSS
    • Review updated PSS based on discussion in San Antonio
  • Approval of FHIR Workshop PSS
    • Review updated PSS based on discussion in San Antonio

Policy/Procedures

  • Process for New Tutorials and updates to existing Tutorials (Sharon)

Action Item Followup

Education Action List

  • see updates on Action List Page

HL7 Fundamentals update (Diego)

  • Status of Courses

2014 Webinar Schedule

Education Portal Availability

  • Further discussion of recommendation to the Membership Committee

HL7 Learning Partners

  • Subgroup has not met - Wiki page to be created

AOB

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - February 19, 2014 at 11am Eastern