This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

February 19, 2016 UDI Project Meeting

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Minutes - Universal Device Identifier Implementation Guidance Project Meeting, February 11, 2016

Contents

  1. Attendees:
  2. Meeting Minutes - Approve February 4, 2016
  3. Meeting Discussion:
    1. Meeting Time
    2. Participation
    3. Review Updated Use Case Matrix
  4. Action Items:
    1. PSS Status
    2. Doodle Results
  5. Next Meeting:

Attendees:

  • Patrick Loyd
  • Martha Velezis
  • Ioana Singureanu
  • Greg Staudenmaier
  • John Rhoads
  • MaryKay McDaniels
  • Steve Rosenberg

Meeting Discussion:

  • Is ballot Informative or Normative for this conceptual?
  • Regarding NIB, will the document be UDI DSS R1 STU R1? Or UDI DSS R1 Informative?

Motion: The NIB for this document is for an Informative Ballot (UDI DAM) and the naming will be finalized after review amongst the co-chairs and project leads before Sunday (to be documented in these minutes). Marti/MaryKay - 7; 0; 0

Meeting Time - Poll wins at Tuesdays, 12-1pm EDT (Patrick action item for conf calls setup)

Participation - For this next week, announcements will include not only UDI listserv but ord, healthcaredevices, and pharmacy as we continue to seek enough participation. MaryKay will specifically copy a number of X12 members who are also HL7 members are informed of our meetings

PSS Status -

Doodle Results

EHR SFM Analysis for Devices/UDI

Use Case Review -

Action Items:

  • Confirm whether or not the PSS has been approved and submitted to the TSC for approval in time for this Ballot Cycle
    • While submitted mid-December, it did not go out for SSD-SD vote until last Friday. Deadline for votes is Feb 8. Then it will go to TSC. It is also in FMG's queue for approval given potential FHIR involvement / impact.
  • Final Call for Participation for UDI Implementation Guidance Project
    • Done. udi@lists.hl7.org
    • Please sign up.
  • Confirm that the UDI Implementation Guidance Project will be developing 1) UDI DAM and 2) UDI Implementation Guide (to include harmonization across v2, v3, CDA and FHIR)
  • Need to spin off a PSS for the C-CDA to address the individual UDI components (this will be a dependency for IG related work) - Request Paul K. update us on this item
    • Not done yet.
  • Identify and Reference all previously related content on this topic (as a resource), for example materials from the UDI Implementation Guidance Project
    • Available through the PSS.

Are we prioritizing based on regulations?

March 22, deadline for publishing in May ballot

Need to follow-up on submission of Harmonization proposal Need to send out updated use case list

Hans - please take an action item to review the current in-scope use cases are appropriate for the Universal Realm

Next Meeting: