Difference between revisions of "February 18, 2015 Education Telecon"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "{| style="width:100%; background-color:transparent;" |- | style="vertical-align:top; width:50%" | <!-- LEFT COLUMN --> __TOC__ | style="vertical-align:top; width:35%" | <!--...")
 
Line 36: Line 36:
 
* November 12:  Deferred
 
* November 12:  Deferred
 
* January 7:  No discussion
 
* January 7:  No discussion
* Action:  Rene will join call February 18th
+
* Action:  Rene will join call February 18th, see [[HL7 Learning Partner Program]] for latest proposal.
  
 
===Tutorials===
 
===Tutorials===

Revision as of 08:12, 18 February 2015

Attendees

  • Melva Peters - (Chair)


Quorum: Yes

Meeting Agenda/Minutes

HL7 Learning Partner Proposal

  • Waiting for proposal from Rene Spronk.
  • Rene (Sept. 30) draft ready, pending review by potential educational partners. Will be submitted to Education after final tweaks.
  • October 1: no discussion - waiting for proposal from Rene
  • No information from Rene for this proposal
  • October 15: Issue will be deferred until information is received from Rene.
  • November 12: Deferred
  • January 7: No discussion
  • Action: Rene will join call February 18th, see HL7 Learning Partner Program for latest proposal.

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • will be recorded at the WGM
    • Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
    • May 21, 2014: Ron still has not had the time to engage the SAIF Webinar
    • June 4: No updates since last conference call, Melva will continue to follow up
    • October 1, 2014: No update
  • Patrick: We don't want to lose the knowledge for SAIF since it an important part of the standard
Action item: Melva follow up with Lorraine again about SAIF Webinar - email sent November 10 - Will be reviewed on ARB next week

Tutorial Planning

  • Core tutorials on HL7 Standards, and have specialized tutorials alternated between WGM
  • Start with the January WGM tutorials
  • Rene Spronk has some draft stats on Education events that will be discussed in Chicago
  • Continue discussion of stats that would be useful
    • Education Offering Dashboard
      • This was an action item allocated to me during the WGM in Chicago. The usefulness of the various metrics probably merits additional discussion. Once there is agreement on a 'starter set of metrics' we'll have to create a mechanism to actually get hold of them.
    • Rene has created the statistics wiki page.
    • Number that Rene has on the wiki is not consistent to the actual numbers
  • Focus on HL7 HQ stats first and quality measures.
  • Location included in the statistic as may impact attendance/participation
Action: Education WG Members to review Wiki page for next teleconference
Action:  Education WG Members are asked to send suggestions for other stats or types of stat to capture

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • v2 Workshop Project - no discussion
    • Patrick will join an Education teleconference to discuss further
    • October 1, 2014 - no discussion as Patrick not on call
    • October 15, 2014 - Melva has reached out to Patrick without response.
      • Diego has volunteers to take this on via email.
      • Damian would be interested in participate.
  • Patrick has a team discussing this project in the background.
  • Unsure that there is the bandwidth due to other commitments
  • Ken to provide an update on the PSS

Updates to the Certification exams

  • Sharon has analyzed the certifications and will need to possibly revise the questions.
    • Sharon would like to create a taskforce to review the questions on the exams.
      • Qualifications needed to be on the taskforce:
        • The group will be comprised of volunteers from the tutorial speaker pool to review the certification exam
        • Must have attended/audit the actual tutorial
        • Must be approved by the Education Committee
    • Sharon is working on an outline for a plan and guidelines for updates to existing and also for developing FHIR into a Certification Exam
    • Will bring back more information after meeting with Melva, Sharon and Mary Ann in August
    • Discussion of planning item back writing session during January 2015 WGM
      • Difficult to pull in the resourses (SME) to find time to collaborate and focus on questions during WGM.
Action: Sharon has drafted the process and will continue to work on the planning of a group to review the material.
Action: Sharon will send new draft to the listserv.

Strategy for HL7 V2 Exam Updates

  • Ted Klein presented on strategy for updating Control Specialist exam to V2.8
  • will look at the statistics on the performance of the questions on the 2.7 exam and look at the non-performing questions and fix these ones
  • Questions from Ted:
    • update to V2.8, v2.8.1 or v2.8.2 -
      • 2.8.1 has been balloted as normative
      • will update to V2.8 - will avoid changes specific to 2.8.1 or 2.8.2 - Education WG agrees with this approach
      • need to determine if in the future we want to want to certify to major releases or minor releases.
    • Approach for updating the test
      • 6 questions identified that could be added to the test (means 6 questions would be removed)
      • 2 things to change/update
      • 2 items to verify in existing questions
      • update questions with incorrect answer rates > 66% and < 5%
      • it was suggested that Ted is much more familiar with the exam and the standard and that if he believes these need to be changed, then do so
      • it was suggested that the changes be vetted with Hans, Tony and Patrick
      • suggested that the exam be reviewed with Sharon
    • Total number of changes will be between 25-30 questions
    • draft of changes to be done by the end of December 2014
    • asked Ted to provide status in the New Year
  • Sharon has reviewed the changes with the committee before final version for the questions
  • Sharon will do a beta test on the questions.
  • PSS will need to update the course
Action item: Patrick will create a PSS for the updates to the V2 exams

MLM Certification

  • Suggestion from Virginia for a certification test for "Medical Logic Modules"====
    • Its very stable, self-contained, and people are hired as MLM developers. Several large EHR vendors use MLM as the way of programming custom CDS into their systems. We use it at NYP. A certification in this might look good on a resume
    • Discussion: need more details and consider how it fits with Arden Syntax WG
Action item: Ginny will reach out to the Arden Syntax WG Chair to collaborate with this certification test.
Action item: Ginny will try to invite them to the call.
  • Peter Haig to join call to discuss
Action:  Melva to followup with Ginny

Webinar Planning for 2015

  • Discussion of proposed webinar topics for 2015
    • Melva has sent out an email to the list
    • Sharon has received a comment request for FHIR tutorials
    • Melva created a wiki page for Webinars topics and would like ideas for next year.
    • Karen comments based on case studies as topics
    • Sharon needs items/brainstorming on ideas.
  • Creation of policy webinars in development for 2015
    • Possibly having case studies
    • Implementation case studies
      • Taking this to the Co-chairs for feedback and looking for ideas
  • FHIR webinar are being developed currently.
  • Melva has sent an email to the Co-chairs for case studies and Sharon will include article/request in HL7 eNews

AOB

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - March 4, 2015