FHIR for Orders
This page is for comments (we need a PSS to do more) as OO reviews the currently designed FHIR artifacts for Laboratory.
The scope of this effort is only for Lab Orders/Results/Reports at this time.
FHIR Models: LabReport
Patrick reviewed the definitions for the FHIR Resource for LabReport. My comments are as follows:
- Resource Naming: Suggest LabReport isn't the correct name. Not all regions 'bundle' their results in the form of a report (which, to OO, is a 'clinical document'
- LabReport.Issued: don't understand the definition
- LabReport.Specimen: Why specimen at the report level,. esp considering at the report level, multiple specimens are supported
- ResultGroup: what's the requirement
- Does Promise as a resource meet the 80/20 rule or is a promise simply a special kind of result?
- RequestDetail.receiverOrderId: No requirement
- ReferenceRange: missing another element. Can say Normal range and give the numbers. but can't say normal range for a male over 50 yo
- Result.name: ResultGroup.name: Element names are wonky (don't like 'name') where used in this spec.
- An individual result should be able to reference a specimen, in my opinion
- Result.codedDx (or some such). Need interpretation per result (esp. for micro)
- LabReport.status: No use case for registered
- LabReport.status: interim, different than preliminary
- LabReport.status: No use case for withdrawn
- LabReport.status: Does this follow 80/20 too? Depending, we should consider adding the newer codes added for v2 for result status