This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "FHIR Infrastructure Minutes WGM 201809"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "Category:2018 FHIR Infrastructure Minutes =FHIR Infrastructure 2018 September Baltimore WGM Minutes= :Category:2018 FHIR Infrastructure Minutes|Return to FHIR Infrastruc...")
 
 
(14 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
* see [[FHIR_Agenda_201809_WGM]]
+
* see [[File:FHIR-I Attendance-Sept 2018.pdf]]
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
Please fill in your attendance here: bit.ly/fhiri
+
 
  
 
==Monday Q3==
 
==Monday Q3==
Chair:  
+
Chair: Lloyd McKenzie
Scribe:
+
Scribe: Ron Shapiro
 +
 
 +
===Tracker Items===
 +
* general overview of the FHIR Infrastructure WG and WGM Meetings
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18671 18671]] - Persuasive w/ Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17638 17638]] - Persuasive w/ Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17892 17892]] - Not Related
  
 
==Monday Q6 (Reference Implementations)==
 
==Monday Q6 (Reference Implementations)==
Line 17: Line 23:
 
Scribe:
 
Scribe:
  
==Tuesday Q2==
+
==Tuesday Q4==
Chair:
+
Chair: Lloyd McKenzie
Scribe:
+
Scribe: Ron Shapiro
 
 
==Tuesday Q3==
 
Chair:  
 
Scribe:
 
  
==Tuesday Q4==
+
===Tracker Items===
Chair:  
+
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18673 18673]] - Persuasive with Mod
Scribe:
+
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18793 18793]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18791 18791]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18277 18277]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17915 17915]] - Not Persuasive (already fixed)
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17906 17906]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18278 18278]] - Not Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18418 18418]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18284 18284]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18138 18138]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17723 17723]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17725 17725]] - Not Persuasive with Mod
  
 
==Wednesday Q1==
 
==Wednesday Q1==
Chair:  
+
Chair: Josh Mandel
Scribe:
+
Scribe: Michael Donnelly / Josh Mandel
 +
 
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18296 18296]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18300 18300]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17806 17806]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17746 17746]] - Persuasive with Mod
  
 
==Wednesday Q2==
 
==Wednesday Q2==
Chair:  
+
Chair: Ewout Kramer
Scribe:
+
Scribe: Josh Mandel
 +
 
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17776 17776]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17865 17865]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17889 17889]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18253 18253]] - Not Related
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17742 17742]] - Considered for Future Use
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17697 17697]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17696 17696]] - Not Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17672 17672]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17660 17660]] - Persuasive
  
 
==Wednesday Q4==
 
==Wednesday Q4==
Chair:  
+
Chair: Josh Mandel
Scribe:
+
Scribe: Josh Mandel
 +
 
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17699 17699]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17775 17775]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17821 17821]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17782 17782]] - Persuasive with Mod
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17794 17794]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17901 17901]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=19292 19292]] - Considered for Future Use
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=19284 19284]] - Persuasive
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17510 17510]] - Persuasive
  
 
==Thursday Q2==
 
==Thursday Q2==
Chair:  
+
Chair: Lloyd McKenzie
Scribe:
+
Scribe: Rick Geimer
 +
 
 +
Tracker 18335: Inheritance from DomainResource isn't clear in renderings - N-Infra #8
 +
* https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=18335
 +
* Discussion about showing elements from DomainResource (id, meta, etc.) in the Structure tab for all resources. Basically a Snapshot tab for resources that mirrors how it is shown for profiles
 +
* Agreed to find it not-related for the ballot, but to create a new tracker item separate from the ballot to move the "Elements defined in ancestors" statement currently under description to below the word "Structure" (directly above the resource) to make it more prominent.
 +
* Motion: Lloyd McKensie/Isaac Vetter: 12-0-0
 +
* New tracker is 19304.
 +
** https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=19304
 +
** Motion: Rick Geimer/Yunwei Wang: 12-0-0
 +
 +
Tracker 17791: Invalid UCUM expressions in FHIR UCUM Valueset
 +
* https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17791
 +
* Ballotter provided a spreadsheet listing some UCUM expressions used in the FHIR spec that she believes to be invalid.
 +
* Found it not related to a ballot, created a separate tracker to review the expressions and fix those that are invalid.
 +
* Motion: Rick Geimer/Richard Ettema: 11-0-1
 +
* New tacker is 19308
 +
** https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=19308
 +
** Motion: Rick Geimer/Richard Ettema: 12-0-0
 +
 
 +
Tracker 17831: Add a new definition of how OPTIONS requests should be handled
 +
* https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17831
 +
* Balloter would like some description about the use of OPTIONS and the Allow header.
 +
* Agreed to add some clarifying text that FHIR does not provide greater specificity for things such as options beyond what is in the base HTTP spec.
 +
* Motion: Rick Geimer/Michael Donnelly: 11-0-0
  
 
==Thursday Q3==
 
==Thursday Q3==
Chair:  
+
Chair: Lloyd McKenzie
Scribe:
+
Scribe: Lloyd McKenzie
 +
 
 +
===SMART Publication Request===
 +
* Reviewed SMART ballot publication request
 +
* Motion to approve publication request: Grahame/Josh
 +
* Concern expressed by Isaac about the "readiness"/level of experience with the open-id connect portion for single sign-on
 +
* Discussion about nature of concern and how best to address
 +
* Decision to table to call on Monday
  
==Friday Q1==
+
===Adding "reported" to Request.intent===
Chair:  
+
* Specifically, [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17169 GF#17169]]
Scribe:
+
* Lloyd provided a background on the issue
 +
* Jenni clarified that base issue was not "source of truth" but need to indicate that a record was 'reported'
 +
* Concern that tags might be easily changed by man-in-the-middle
 +
* Confirmation from Grahame that tags can contain critical business information, examples of "actionable" tag, security-related tags
 +
* Discussion about whether a "reported" flag would be a "modifier element".  Answer: no, because it doesn't change the definition of the element
 +
** Should include a meaning if missing for number of refills indicating that it's unknown - and thus dispensers can't presume to dispense more than a single fill
 +
* Discussion of whether there's a difference between a "reported" resource - one that comes into being explicitly known as distinct from source of truth vs. "copies" which are clones of the source of truth.
 +
* Lloyd indicated that he'd be comfortable with introducing a "reported" flag that could apply to most resources - orthogonal to Request.intent
 +
* Pharmacy will discuss further.

Latest revision as of 19:45, 15 October 2018

FHIR Infrastructure 2018 September Baltimore WGM Minutes

Return to FHIR Infrastructure Minutes

Agenda

Attendees

Monday Q3

Chair: Lloyd McKenzie Scribe: Ron Shapiro

Tracker Items

  • general overview of the FHIR Infrastructure WG and WGM Meetings
  • [18671] - Persuasive w/ Mod
  • [17638] - Persuasive w/ Mod
  • [17892] - Not Related

Monday Q6 (Reference Implementations)

Chair: Scribe:

Tuesday Q4

Chair: Lloyd McKenzie Scribe: Ron Shapiro

Tracker Items

  • [18673] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [18793] - Persuasive
  • [18791] - Persuasive
  • [18277] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [17915] - Not Persuasive (already fixed)
  • [17906] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [18278] - Not Persuasive
  • [18418] - Persuasive
  • [18284] - Persuasive
  • [18138] - Persuasive
  • [17723] - Persuasive
  • [17725] - Not Persuasive with Mod

Wednesday Q1

Chair: Josh Mandel Scribe: Michael Donnelly / Josh Mandel

  • [18296] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [18300] - Persuasive
  • [17806] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [17746] - Persuasive with Mod

Wednesday Q2

Chair: Ewout Kramer Scribe: Josh Mandel

  • [17776] - Persuasive
  • [17865] - Persuasive
  • [17889] - Persuasive
  • [18253] - Not Related
  • [17742] - Considered for Future Use
  • [17697] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [17696] - Not Persuasive with Mod
  • [17672] - Persuasive
  • [17660] - Persuasive

Wednesday Q4

Chair: Josh Mandel Scribe: Josh Mandel

  • [17699] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [17775] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [17821] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [17782] - Persuasive with Mod
  • [17794] - Persuasive
  • [17901] - Persuasive
  • [19292] - Considered for Future Use
  • [19284] - Persuasive
  • [17510] - Persuasive

Thursday Q2

Chair: Lloyd McKenzie Scribe: Rick Geimer

Tracker 18335: Inheritance from DomainResource isn't clear in renderings - N-Infra #8

Tracker 17791: Invalid UCUM expressions in FHIR UCUM Valueset

Tracker 17831: Add a new definition of how OPTIONS requests should be handled

Thursday Q3

Chair: Lloyd McKenzie Scribe: Lloyd McKenzie

SMART Publication Request

  • Reviewed SMART ballot publication request
  • Motion to approve publication request: Grahame/Josh
  • Concern expressed by Isaac about the "readiness"/level of experience with the open-id connect portion for single sign-on
  • Discussion about nature of concern and how best to address
  • Decision to table to call on Monday

Adding "reported" to Request.intent

  • Specifically, [GF#17169]
  • Lloyd provided a background on the issue
  • Jenni clarified that base issue was not "source of truth" but need to indicate that a record was 'reported'
  • Concern that tags might be easily changed by man-in-the-middle
  • Confirmation from Grahame that tags can contain critical business information, examples of "actionable" tag, security-related tags
  • Discussion about whether a "reported" flag would be a "modifier element". Answer: no, because it doesn't change the definition of the element
    • Should include a meaning if missing for number of refills indicating that it's unknown - and thus dispensers can't presume to dispense more than a single fill
  • Discussion of whether there's a difference between a "reported" resource - one that comes into being explicitly known as distinct from source of truth vs. "copies" which are clones of the source of truth.
  • Lloyd indicated that he'd be comfortable with introducing a "reported" flag that could apply to most resources - orthogonal to Request.intent
  • Pharmacy will discuss further.