Difference between revisions of "FHIR Infrastructure Minutes WGM 201805"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "Category:2018 FHIR Infrastructure Minutes =FHIR Infrastructure 2018 May Cologne WGM Minutes= :Category:2018 FHIR Infrastructure Minutes|Return to FHIR Infrastructure Min...")
 
 
(24 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
A comprehensive list for the WGM can be seen here: (TODO: extract from http://bit.ly/fhiri after WGM).
+
A comprehensive list for the WGM can be seen [[File:Fhiri_-_May_2018.pdf]]
  
==Monday Q1==
+
==Monday Q2==
 
Chair: Ewout Kramer
 
Chair: Ewout Kramer
  
Attendance sheet: [http://bit.ly/fhiri http://bit.ly/fhiri] (to be turned into a PDF after meeting)
+
===Tracker Items===
 +
 
 +
* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16165 16165], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16127 16127], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17001 17001], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17002 17002] - Versioning discussion; prepared motions for voting Wednesday
 +
 
 +
Prepared MOTION for wed may 16 Q2: "Document the MIME-type parameter as a way to describe the version of the resource in the MIME package. Grahame Grieve/Chris Grenz: 37-0-0"
 +
 
 +
Straw poll about using "Meta.fhirVersion" versus using "Meta.profile": 8 in favor of "fhirVersion", about 18 for a <profile> based approach.
  
 +
Below is the example we discussed:
  
===Tracker Items===
+
  Content-type: application/fhir+xml;fhirVersion=3.0
  
* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16165 16165], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16127 16127], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17001 17001], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17002 17002] - Versioning discussion; prepared motions for voting Wednesday
+
<pre>
 +
  <Patient fhir-version="3.0" xmlns="hl7.org/fhir">
 +
    <meta>
 +
      <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/DSTU2/StructureDefinition/Patient" />
 +
      <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient|1.0" />
 +
      <!-- assuming no breaking change to patient in 4.0....  -->
 +
      <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient|4.0" />
 +
      <profile value="http://hl7.nz/fhir/StructureDefinition/OurNationalPatient|1.2.1" />
 +
      <fhirVersion value="3.0" />
 +
    </meta>
 +
    <!-- more interesting stuff about patient-->
 +
  </Patient>
 +
</pre>
  
 +
  {
 +
    "resourceType" : "Patient",
 +
    "fhir-version" : "3.0",
 +
    "status"...
 +
  }
  
==Monday Q2==
+
==Monday Q3==
 
Chair: Ewout Kramer
 
Chair: Ewout Kramer
 
Attendance sheet: [http://bit.ly/fhiri http://bit.ly/fhiri] (to be turned into a PDF after meeting)
 
  
  
Line 30: Line 52:
 
* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16957 16957] - Discussed whether GET and POST support should both be required on search
 
* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16957 16957] - Discussed whether GET and POST support should both be required on search
 
* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16369 16369] - Discussed semantics of "significant figure"-based equality operations when searching for decimal, integer, and quantity values
 
* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16369 16369] - Discussed semantics of "significant figure"-based equality operations when searching for decimal, integer, and quantity values
 +
* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=14961 14961] - Missing naming convention for search parameters assembling two or more words
 +
 +
==Mon Q4==
 +
Chair: Lloyd
 +
Scribe: Lloyd
 +
 +
*Lloyd provided an overview of the workflow project
 +
*Lorraine indicated that OO is starting up a project to map a number of their lab specifications and workflows to FHIR.  Wondering if FHIR-I would like to co-sponsor, particularly from a workflow review/alignment perspective.  ** Will discuss during Thur Q2 joint.  Lloyd will give Grahame a heads-up
 +
*II noticed in workflow alignment that there wasn't necessarily a good match for existing codes for status
 +
** reviewed current codes for Imaging??? and agreed they seem reasonable and are mapable to workflow states
 +
*Discussed external records - i.e. records that are captured as secondary information that are not considered a source-of-truth
 +
** Explored the notion of a tag saying "not actionable", but this isn't really about actionability
 +
** This might be handled as a tag saying "authoritative"
 +
*Jose provided a walkthrough of the ExampleScenario resource and editor
 +
 +
==Tue Q2==
 +
Chair: GG
 +
Scribe: GG
 +
 +
Agenda: Task resolution
 +
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17087 GF#17087]] (Lloyd Mckenzie) - Bundle URL resolution: Persuasive - rework the rules, and add a good example for testing validation
 +
* [[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17085 GF#17085]] (Lloyd Mckenzie) - Bundles and versions:  Persuasive with mod - allow duplicates in all packages, but describe risks with non-versioned links
 +
* [[ GF#16862]]  (Amnon Shabo) - make ElementDefinition.constraint.expression optional: Persuasive with Mod - make expression optional, but make XPath trial use.
 +
 +
==Tue Q3==
 +
Chair: Lloyd for first item, Grahame for remainder
 +
 +
Scribe: Lloyd
 +
 +
===Tracker Items===
 +
Lloyd chairs
 +
*[[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16055 16055]] - Drop ElementDefinition.binding.valueSetUri
 +
** Persuasive
 +
Grahame chairs
 +
*[[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=15879 15879]] - Allow canonical to support display
 +
** Persusasive w/ mod
 +
Grahame leaves
 +
Oliver leaves
 +
 +
*[[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=13870 13870]] - Allow narrative in contained resources
 +
*Persuasive w/ Mod
 +
 +
==Tue Q4==
 +
Chair: Ewout
 +
 +
Scribe: Josh
 +
 +
===Tracker Items===
 +
====# Discussion begins at 1342====
 +
 +
* Discuss GF#16331 -- process for choosing a canonical URL. Persuasive with mod.
 +
* Discuss GF#16333. Persuasive.
 +
* Discuss GF#17185. Logical models, and the term "logical models", and codes for StructureDefinition.kind.  Persuasive.
 +
 +
==Wed Q1==
 +
 +
Chair: Ewout
 +
 +
Scribe: Josh
 +
 +
 +
===# Discussion begins at 0908===
 +
 +
* Discuss GF#13989. Persuasive.
 +
* Discuss Searching on references, uris, canonicals... with versions (Discuss GF#16361 and GF#17008)
 +
* GF#16361 — Persuasive
 +
* GF#17008 — Persuasive
 +
 +
==Wed Q2==
 +
 +
Scribe: Josh
 +
 +
Chair: Ewout
 +
 +
===# Discussion begins at 11:13===
 +
 +
Start by reviewing notes from Monday's discussion at wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Infrastructure_Minutes_WGM_201805
 +
 +
We could indicate version information in the mime package, or in resource-specific attributes, or with Resource.meta.profile.
 +
 +
Lenel describes the case for payers to store and share resources across multiple FHIR versions.
 +
 +
Discussion: FHIR provides building blocks to do this kind of thing, but not for mixed versions within a single Bundle.
 +
 +
Detailed discussion about 3 options for meta.profile usage to convey version:
 +
 +
<pre>
 +
<meta>
 +
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/STU3/StructureDefinition/Patient" />
 +
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/3.0/StructureDefinition/Patient" />
 +
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient?version=3.0" />
 +
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient|3.0" />
 +
</meta>
 +
</pre>
 +
 +
GF#16165 — Persuasive.
 +
 +
 +
==Thursday Q1==
 +
Scribe: Michael Donnelly
 +
 +
Chair: Ewout Kramer
 +
 +
* GF#16448 - Persuasive with mod. Extensive discussion is captured in the tracker.
 +
* GF#16096 - Persuasive
 +
* HTTP status codes 409 and 412 are swapped in the conditional update
 +
* GF#14444 - Persuasive
 +
 +
 +
==Thursday Q2==
 +
Chair: Ewout Kramer
 +
Scribe: Lloyd McKenzie
 +
 +
*[[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=16868 GF#16868]] - Not persuasive w/ mod
 +
*[[https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=17214 GF#17214]] - Persuasive
 +
 +
 +
==Thursday Q3==
 +
 +
Chair: @Ewout Kramer
 +
 +
Scribe: @Josh Mandel
 +
 +
Discussion begins.
 +
 +
Discuss  Bundle.signature.
 +
 +
GF#16392 —This element allows for signatures within a bundle, rather than outside. There's a long-term recognize of the use case going back to CDA. We haven't seen this field being used anywhere in current FHIR implementations, so we have no practical experience with signing Bundles. This comment from @John Moehrke proposed dropping Bundle.signature.
 +
 +
GF#16519 is a related suggestion to move signatures to .meta.signature.
 +
 +
Or we could try to include a signature in Provenance resource as a Bundle.entry.
 +
 +
GF#16392 — Not persuasive with mod.
 +
 +
Discuss Binary.securityContext.
 +
GF#14563 — explanation needs to be more complete. This is a normative candidate. @Grahame Grieve and @John Moehrke will prepare a better description and share back with #fhir/infrastructure-wg .
 +
 +
Discuss Contained tags and security labels.
 +
GF#16622 — Persuasive.

Latest revision as of 04:52, 18 May 2018

FHIR Infrastructure 2018 May Cologne WGM Minutes

Return to FHIR Infrastructure Minutes

Agenda

Attendees

A comprehensive list for the WGM can be seen File:Fhiri - May 2018.pdf

Monday Q2

Chair: Ewout Kramer

Tracker Items

Prepared MOTION for wed may 16 Q2: "Document the MIME-type parameter as a way to describe the version of the resource in the MIME package. Grahame Grieve/Chris Grenz: 37-0-0"

Straw poll about using "Meta.fhirVersion" versus using "Meta.profile": 8 in favor of "fhirVersion", about 18 for a <profile> based approach.

Below is the example we discussed:

  Content-type: application/fhir+xml;fhirVersion=3.0
   <Patient fhir-version="3.0" xmlns="hl7.org/fhir">
     <meta>
       <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/DSTU2/StructureDefinition/Patient" />
       <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient|1.0" /> 
       <!-- assuming no breaking change to patient in 4.0....  --> 
       <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient|4.0" />
       <profile value="http://hl7.nz/fhir/StructureDefinition/OurNationalPatient|1.2.1" /> 
       <fhirVersion value="3.0" />
     </meta>
     <!-- more interesting stuff about patient-->
   </Patient>
  {
   "resourceType" : "Patient",
   "fhir-version" : "3.0",
   "status"...
  }

Monday Q3

Chair: Ewout Kramer


Tracker Items

  • 16957 - Discussed whether GET and POST support should both be required on search
  • 16369 - Discussed semantics of "significant figure"-based equality operations when searching for decimal, integer, and quantity values
  • 14961 - Missing naming convention for search parameters assembling two or more words

Mon Q4

Chair: Lloyd Scribe: Lloyd

  • Lloyd provided an overview of the workflow project
  • Lorraine indicated that OO is starting up a project to map a number of their lab specifications and workflows to FHIR. Wondering if FHIR-I would like to co-sponsor, particularly from a workflow review/alignment perspective. ** Will discuss during Thur Q2 joint. Lloyd will give Grahame a heads-up
  • II noticed in workflow alignment that there wasn't necessarily a good match for existing codes for status
    • reviewed current codes for Imaging??? and agreed they seem reasonable and are mapable to workflow states
  • Discussed external records - i.e. records that are captured as secondary information that are not considered a source-of-truth
    • Explored the notion of a tag saying "not actionable", but this isn't really about actionability
    • This might be handled as a tag saying "authoritative"
  • Jose provided a walkthrough of the ExampleScenario resource and editor

Tue Q2

Chair: GG Scribe: GG

Agenda: Task resolution

  • [GF#17087] (Lloyd Mckenzie) - Bundle URL resolution: Persuasive - rework the rules, and add a good example for testing validation
  • [GF#17085] (Lloyd Mckenzie) - Bundles and versions: Persuasive with mod - allow duplicates in all packages, but describe risks with non-versioned links
  • GF#16862 (Amnon Shabo) - make ElementDefinition.constraint.expression optional: Persuasive with Mod - make expression optional, but make XPath trial use.

Tue Q3

Chair: Lloyd for first item, Grahame for remainder

Scribe: Lloyd

Tracker Items

Lloyd chairs

  • [16055] - Drop ElementDefinition.binding.valueSetUri
    • Persuasive

Grahame chairs

  • [15879] - Allow canonical to support display
    • Persusasive w/ mod

Grahame leaves Oliver leaves

  • [13870] - Allow narrative in contained resources
  • Persuasive w/ Mod

Tue Q4

Chair: Ewout

Scribe: Josh

Tracker Items

# Discussion begins at 1342

  • Discuss GF#16331 -- process for choosing a canonical URL. Persuasive with mod.
  • Discuss GF#16333. Persuasive.
  • Discuss GF#17185. Logical models, and the term "logical models", and codes for StructureDefinition.kind. Persuasive.

Wed Q1

Chair: Ewout

Scribe: Josh


# Discussion begins at 0908

  • Discuss GF#13989. Persuasive.
  • Discuss Searching on references, uris, canonicals... with versions (Discuss GF#16361 and GF#17008)
  • GF#16361 — Persuasive
  • GF#17008 — Persuasive

Wed Q2

Scribe: Josh

Chair: Ewout

# Discussion begins at 11:13

Start by reviewing notes from Monday's discussion at wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Infrastructure_Minutes_WGM_201805

We could indicate version information in the mime package, or in resource-specific attributes, or with Resource.meta.profile.

Lenel describes the case for payers to store and share resources across multiple FHIR versions.

Discussion: FHIR provides building blocks to do this kind of thing, but not for mixed versions within a single Bundle.

Detailed discussion about 3 options for meta.profile usage to convey version:

<meta>
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/STU3/StructureDefinition/Patient" />
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/3.0/StructureDefinition/Patient" />
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient?version=3.0" />
  <profile value="http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient|3.0" />
</meta>

GF#16165 — Persuasive.


Thursday Q1

Scribe: Michael Donnelly

Chair: Ewout Kramer

  • GF#16448 - Persuasive with mod. Extensive discussion is captured in the tracker.
  • GF#16096 - Persuasive
  • HTTP status codes 409 and 412 are swapped in the conditional update
  • GF#14444 - Persuasive


Thursday Q2

Chair: Ewout Kramer Scribe: Lloyd McKenzie


Thursday Q3

Chair: @Ewout Kramer

Scribe: @Josh Mandel

Discussion begins.

Discuss Bundle.signature.

GF#16392 —This element allows for signatures within a bundle, rather than outside. There's a long-term recognize of the use case going back to CDA. We haven't seen this field being used anywhere in current FHIR implementations, so we have no practical experience with signing Bundles. This comment from @John Moehrke proposed dropping Bundle.signature.

GF#16519 is a related suggestion to move signatures to .meta.signature.

Or we could try to include a signature in Provenance resource as a Bundle.entry.

GF#16392 — Not persuasive with mod.

Discuss Binary.securityContext. GF#14563 — explanation needs to be more complete. This is a normative candidate. @Grahame Grieve and @John Moehrke will prepare a better description and share back with #fhir/infrastructure-wg .

Discuss Contained tags and security labels. GF#16622 — Persuasive.