FHIR Connectathon 3
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Theme
- 3 Enrollment
- 4 Connectathon Planning Team
- 4.1 Registered Participants
- 4.2 Actors
- 4.3 Scenarios
- 4.4 Scenarios from previous connectathon for review
- 4.5 Servers
- 4.6 Other References
This page describes the second FHIR connectathon that will be held on Saturday May 4 and the morning (9am - 12.30pm) of Sunday May 5 2013 in Atlanta, Georgia prior to the HL7 Working Group Meeting (see http://www.hl7.org/events/wgm052013/).
To be determined
If you or your company are interested in participating in the connectathon, please do the following.
- Read the FHIR Specification and the FHIR wiki if you haven't already done so, to become familiar with the concepts.
- Read the scenario descriptions below.
- Send an email expressing interest to any of the Connectathon Planning team below. Be sure to include a link to your product's website (if available) and to state which scenarios your product will be engaged in.
Space at the venue is limited to 30 attendees, so please register your interest as soon as possible. Preference will be given to those who are actually participating in the technical event, but observers are welcome if space permits.
For any queries, either contact a member of the planning team, or post your question in the FHIR list server
Connectathon Planning Team
- Health Intersections / Grahame Grieve.
- Orion Health / David Hay.
- Furore / Ewout Kramer.
- Gordon Point Informatics / Lloyd McKenzie.
- YouCentric / Andy Stechishin, Dennis Rodriguez
- Patient Consumer
- this actor uses the patient/person information in a document registry to provide patient search/context
- Patient provider
- a server that stores patient resources
- Document Creator
- an actor that can create a FHIR document
- Document Consumer
- this actor extends Patient Consumer to search, retrieve and display patient-related documents
- Document Repository
- this actor provides server support for patient, person, XdsEntry, XdsFolder resources + Binary resources. For a bonus, XdsEntry2 should also be supported
- Document Registry
- this actor subscribes to one or more repositories using atom feeds for patient/person/XdsEntry/XdsFolder + bonus: XdsEntry2
- Patient demographics feed
- This actor generates creates/updates/link/unlink for patient and person information (default for this, person and patient example resources from the specification)
- Document provider
- This actor pushes documents to a repository and/or a registry (for the purposes of the connectathon, the registry ignores binaries)
- XDS Bridge
- This is a document provider that functions by accepting XDS.b submission sets, and converting them to FHIR batches
List of proposed scenario's
This section lists the scenarios that are proposed for this connectathon. More detail will be added when approved
- for a core patient resource
- search for patient by name
- retrieve single patient
- update patient
- retrieve patient history
- retrieve specific version of patient
- as above, but for a patient profile that has extensions
document / xds scenarios
- search for documents from xds registry (xdsEntry2) for a patient
- update an exsting document
- show document versions
- create and submit a new document
? do we also want scenarios directly against a /document endpoint rather than /xdsentry2 ?
Scenarios from previous connectathon for review
Register a patient
- Action: (Patient Demographics feed) creates or updates patient and person to (Document Registry)
- Precondition: Patient/Person does or does not exist on Document Registry (both conditions)
- Success Criteria: Patient/Person updated correctly on server (use browser to inspect person and patient)
- Bonus #1: testing for patient linking/unlinking
Submit a document
- Action: (Document Provider) creates or updates documents to (Document Repository)
- Precondition: Document Does not exist on document repository
- Precondition: Patient/Person already exists on registry
- Success criteria: document updated correctly on server (use browser to inspect) (check folders as well)
- bonus: use XdsEntry2
Find a patient
- Action: (Patient Consumer) searches and finds patient record on (Document Registry). Search by name, gender, date of birth
- Success Criteria: patients can be found an displayed
Find a document
- Action: (Document Consumer) searches and finds documents on (Document Repository) or (Document Registry). Search by code, type, author, folder
- Action: (Document Consumer) retrieves document
- Success Criteria: documents can be found, retrieved, an displayed
- Last Connectathon: FHIR Connectathon 2 (Jan 12/13, 2013)