Difference between revisions of "FHIR Connectathon 2"
(→Other References: Added Category and links)
|Line 91:||Line 91:|
== Other References ==
== Other References ==
[[FHIR Connectathon]] (8, 2012)
Latest revision as of 13:34, 19 June 2013
This page describes the second FHIR connectathon that will be held in the afternoon of Saturday Jan 12 (1.45-5 pm) and the morning (9am - 12.30pm) of Sunday Jan 13 2013 in Phoenix prior to the HL7 Working Group Meeting (see http://www.hl7.org/events/wgm012013/). The venue will be Geronimo (Apache Ballroom), third level.
XDS on Fire!
This connectathon is organised around the Xds-related suite of resources - XdsEntry(2), Person, Patient, XdsFolder. The purpose of this is two-fold: to test the suitability of the existing design for implementing XDS registries/repositories prior to IHE considering the resources, and because testing this functionality provides the coverage of the underlying issues that the FHIR project wished to see tested: general RESTful testing, pub/sub, batches, patient linking, and conformance statement/profiles
If you or your company are interested in participating in the connectathon, please do the following.
- Read the FHIR Specification and the FHIR wiki if you haven't already done so, to become familiar with the concepts.
- Read the scenario descriptions below.
- Send an email expressing interest to any of the Connectathon Planning team below. Be sure to include a link to your product's website (if available) and to state which scenarios your product will be engaged in.
Space at the venue is limited to 30 attendees, so please register your interest as soon as possible. Preference will be given to those who are actually participating in the technical event, but observers are welcome if space permits.
For any queries, either contact a member of the planning team, or post your question in the FHIR list server
Connectathon Planning Team
- Health Intersections / Grahame Grieve. Actors: Document Repository, Document Registry, Xds Bridge, Patient demographics feed
- Orion Health / David Hay. Actors (likely): Document Provider, Document Consumer, Document Repository, Document Registry
- Blue Wave Informatics / Hugh Glover. Observer
- Interfaceware / Rolim Cabrita.
- Furore / Ewout Kramer. Actors (likely): Document Provider, Document Repository, Document Registry
- Gordon Point Informatics / Lloyd McKenzie. Actors (likely): Patient Consumer, possibly Document Consumer
- Thrasys / Chris White
- Datuit / Gordon Raup. Observer
- IHE & DICOM & Security / John Moehrke / Liaison
- GE Healthcare / Keith W. Boone / Document Consumer, Document Provider
- Rik Smithies. Observer
- CanaSoftware / Andy Stechishin - Observer
- Document Repository
- this actor provides server support for patient, person, XdsEntry, XdsFolder resources + Binary resources. For a bonus, XdsEntry2 should also be supported
- Document Registry
- this actor subscribes to one or more repositories using atom feeds for patient/person/XdsEntry/XdsFolder + bonus: XdsEntry2
- Patient demographics feed
- This actor generates creates/updates/link/unlink for patient and person information (default for this, person and patient example resources from the specification)
- Document provider
- This actor pushes documents to a repository and/or a registry (for the purposes of the connectathon, the registry ignores binaries)
- XDS Bridge
- This is a document provider that functions by accepting XDS.b submission sets, and converting them to FHIR batches
- Patient Consumer
- this actor uses the patient/person information in a document registry to provide patient search/context
- Document Consumer
- this actor extends Patient Consumer to search, retrieve and display patient-related documents
Register a patient
- Action: (Patient Demographics feed) creates or updates patient and person to (Document Registry)
- Precondition: Patient/Person does or does not exist on Document Registry (both conditions)
- Success Criteria: Patient/Person updated correctly on server (use browser to inspect person and patient)
- Bonus #1: testing for patient linking/unlinking
Submit a document
- Action: (Document Provider) creates or updates documents to (Document Repository)
- Precondition: Document Does not exist on document repository
- Precondition: Patient/Person already exists on registry
- Success criteria: document updated correctly on server (use browser to inspect) (check folders as well)
- bonus: use XdsEntry2
Find a patient
- Action: (Patient Consumer) searches and finds patient record on (Document Registry). Search by name, gender, date of birth
- Success Criteria: patients can be found an displayed
Find a document
- Action: (Document Consumer) searches and finds documents on (Document Repository) or (Document Registry). Search by code, type, author, folder
- Action: (Document Consumer) retrieves document
- Success Criteria: documents can be found, retrieved, an displayed