Enhance C-CDA Value Sets Project
Return to C-CDA: Enhancing Implementation (ONC Grant Project) page.
This project performed quality assurance against existing C-CDA value sets and defined an ongoing Value Set maintenance process.
Scope of Work
- Review and perform 'quality assurance' (QA) against current C-CDA value set definitions in VSAC (Value Set Authority Center) by:
- Confirming all value sets are present
- Confirming current scope/definition of value sets
- Confirming the dependent code systems of value sets
- Confirming the current expansion sets of value sets
- Creating expression based definitions for all value sets
- Identify the key CCDA community members that are involved in the use and maintenance of CCDA Value Set content that must be engaged in the project along with their responsibilities for value set maintenance, including gaps in support
- Define requirements and processes for ongoing maintenance of C-CDA value sets; implement those requirements and pilot the processes for C-CDA value sets so as to establish a new baseline collection of up-to-date CCDA value sets.
- Continue the work as defined in bullet 3 to develop value set updates and present those changes as issues for discussion or errata to the Structured Documents Work Group (SDWG) on an ongoing basis. Collaborate with the SDWG on the resolution of these changes by hosting consensus review. A ballot is not expected as part of this task.
Pilot Start: August 1, 2017
Pilot End: September 6, 2017
Maintenance Process Review
The current Maintenance Process document has been posted to the SDWG documents tab on HL7.org. Direct link: [Value Set Maintenance Process http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/structure/Value%20Set%20Maintenance%20Process.docx]
Please add any review comments you have below. SD will provide a timeframe for the submission of comments, and then schedule the review of comments for a future call. At that time, comments will be used to update this process document.
|Nbr||Section||Orig. Wording||Comment/Proposed Wording||Submitter||Date Submitted|
Stakeholder List Updates
As part of this maintenance process, we have put together a list of value set stakeholders. You will find the stakeholders listed in the Workgroup Stakeholder and Code System Stakeholders columns (on the Value Sets tab) in the CCDA Value Set Summary 090717 spreadsheet posted on the SDWG documents tab on HL7.org. Direct link: [CCDA Value Set Summary 090717 http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/structure/CCDA%20Value%20Set%20Summary%20090717.xlsx]
We ask for your help in making this list as accurate as possible. Where you see value sets with an incorrect or potentially incorrect stakeholder listed, or if you feel an additional stakeholder should be listed for a value set, please list them below. SDWG will schedule a future call to update this list and notification will go out to the stakeholder groups at that time. Note that suggested values for the 'Action' column below are: 'Add', 'Remove', 'Replace With'.
|Nbr||Value Set||Stakeholder||Action||Submitter||Date Submitted|
Project Documents and Deliverables
- CCDA Value Set Comparison Final QA Report Document
- VSAC Maintenance Process draft document for use while piloting the maintenance process (occurs between August 1, 2017 and September 6, 2017)
- Proposed Value Set Review Additions to DSTU Comments draft 080317 subset.xlsx