This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Education Action Items

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Education Action Items and Status

No Action Item Assigned to Target Date Status Progress Notes
1 Provide a list of types of educational delivery methods that we are able to offer - Melva/Sharon July 31, 2013 In progress June 5 - Sharon to forward list to Melva (done) and Melva to create a wiki page or 1 pager
July 31 - Melva to post information from Sharon
August 14 - Sharon to develop more general information on the webinars and other resources
Sept 11 - Melva to update Wiki with content received from Sharon - Complete. Needs further information about processes for requesting/setting up different technologies.
September 26 - Sharon will provide some additional information about processes
January 8, 2014 - Sharon will provide some additional information about processes
February 5, 2014 - No Action
4 Certification Enhancement Project - Australia may be interested in starting up again Melva In progress June 5 - Melva to followup with Amy
July 31 - no action
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Melva to follow up with Heather and Amy
September 26 - No action
January 4, 2014 - No Action
5 Create a dashboard of tutorials planned/held including numbers of attendees and numbers cancelled Melva/Mary Ann In progress June 5 - Mary Ann will start on this once she has updated her spreadsheet with Jan and May 2013 data
July 31 - Mary Ann to send to Melva and Melva will post
August 14 - Melva and Mary Ann to discuss further
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - No action
January 4, 2014 - No Action
February 5, 2014 - No Action
6 Membership Committee - raise Education Portal for Universities as a membership benefit Diego In progress June 5 - Diego will followup with Membership Committee during next meeting
July 31 - no action
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - No action
January 4, 2014 - No Action
January 8, 2014 - Discussed with Grant Wood on Education call - he will add to agenda for Membership Committee on upcoming call
February 5, 2014 - No Action
8 UML Tutorial - work with JD Baker Patrick Complete June 5 - Patrick has reviewed and provided comments to JD. JD will make updates to tutorial specification and start putting slide deck together
July 31 - Patrick will followup with JD
August 14 - Patrick talked to JD - he is working on the slide deck. We will add the UML tutorial to the January 2014 Tutorial Grid
Sept 11 - Patrick to follow up with JD. Need slide deck by Cambridge WGM
September 26 - waiting for material from JD. UML Tutorial scheduled for January 2014
January 4, 2014 - Discuss on teleconference after January 2014 WGM
February 5, 2014 - Tutorial Given. No additional follow up needed.
9 Create PSS for updates to sample and certification exam Patrick In progress June 5 - Patrick to send out PSS to list and ask for comments. It will be added to agenda for July 3 teleconference
July 31 - Patrick will forward to the Education List (complete). Include on agenda for August 14 teleconference
August 14 - We will need to discuss priority and resourcing before we can approve PSS; Schedule time on the agenda for Cambridge
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - discussed during WG Meeting - Melva Will create a 3 year plan item for this work with a start date for September 2014. We will evaluate further in May 2014. Sharon will start to work on steps to operationalize this project
January 4, 2014 - PSS will be reviewed and voted on during January 8, 2014 teleconference
January 8, 2014 - will discuss in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
11 Work on Policy and Procedures Patrick In Progress July 31 - include as agenda time on each teleconference and during WGM in Cambridge to work through roles and framework
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - continue working on this during each teleconference. Patrick will update Wiki with material from discussion during WGM. Schedule for discussion November Teleconference.
January 4, 2014 - for discussion on January 8, 2014 teleconference and at WGM in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
13 Adding Other SDO Content to Tutorials Melva In Progress July 31 - Add as an agenda item for Cambridge. Melva to followup with Mark McD to discuss IP concerns and MOU with other SDOs
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Melva had further discussion with Mark via email. No update is available at this time. Melva will add update to Education Facilitators Lunch for Cambridge
September 26 - discussed at Monday Lunch.
January 4, 2014 - No Action
February 5, 2014 - No Action
15 SAIF Webinar Patrick and Sharon In progress July 31 - Patrick to work with Ron and Lorraine (ARB Co-Chairs). Sharon to forward information to Patrick and Ron - webinar planning template. Melva and Diego volunteered to review material prior to releasing
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Working on tutorial specification and slide deck. Expect them to be ready for Cambridge.
January 4, 2014 - Need to followup with ARB
January 8, 2014 - Webinars will be recorded in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - Patrick to follow up with Ron, Recordings did not happen at WGM
18 Webinar Planning for 2014 Melva and Sharon In Progress August 14 - Include time on agenda to discuss in Cambridge; asked participants to send ideas and suggestions to Sharon and Melva; Melva will post on the wiki
Sept 11 - will add discussion item to Education Facilitators Lunch agenda
September 26 - discussed further during WGM - updates will be made to Wiki
January 4, 2014 - Will be discussed further in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
19 V3 for Implementers Tutorial Mary Ann In Progress September 26 - will be added if rooms become available.
January 8, 2014 - could not be added for San Antonio. Will add in for May 2014
February 5, 2014 - No Action
22 Facilitator Training Co-Chairs In Progress September 23 - Vocab has worked on some material for Vocab Facilitator that may be useful for other WG. Heather will forward when complete
January 8, 2014 - no action. Melva to followup with Heather
February 5, 2014 - No Action
23 Strategic Plan Melva/Sharon In Progress September 26 - Melva to publish updated version on Wiki. Schedule review for September 2014 WGM
February 5, 2014 - No Action
24 HL7 Education Curriculum WG Sharon In Progress September 26 - schedule discussion for October teleconference
January 4, 2014 - Will discuss further in San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action
25 Tutorial Grid - May 2014 Mary Ann In Progress January 8, 2014 - Mary Ann working on and will send to Education List before San Antonio
February 5, 2014 - No Action Needed
2 Create a wishlist for webinars Melva/Sharon Complete June 5 - Melva to create wiki page and send to the list

July 31 - Sharon to send list of webinar requests from Survey - complete
August 14 - Melva to post to Wiki
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - discussed further at Education Facilitators Lunch - some additions provided by Keith Boone and others. Melva will update Wiki
January 8, 2014 - complete

3 Talk to International Council - Webinar for HL7 Around the World Melva Closed June 5- Melva will contact IC co-chairs to discuss options or interest
July 31 - No action
August 14 - no action
August 15 - sent email to IC co-chairs. This will be discussed at IC meeting in Cambridge.
Sept 11 - Pending discussion in Cambridge
September 26 - International Council interested in looking at this. Melva to discuss further with Sharon about next steps.
January 4, 2014 - transferred to Sharon and HQ for any further action
January 8, 2014 - Melva to forward email from Sharon to IC co-chairs
7 Forward approval of Tooling Project to Tooling WG Melva Complete -
10 Submit vote for T3SD Co-Chair Melva Complete July 31 - vote taken in meeting and vote submitted.
12 Discuss Online Certification impact with HQ and Affiliates Diego Complete July 31 - Diego will discuss with HQ and International Council co-chairs
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - under discussion as part of Affiliate Agreement discussion. No further action needed by Education WG.
January 8, 2014 - Diego noted that time scheduled to discuss with Affiliate Chairs conflicts with IC meeting. Has been re-schedule to Thursday from 7-8am. There will be a webinar created for those Affiliates or approriate resources not able to attend.
14 Outreach to Kenya Diego Closed July 31 - Diego to reach out to Kenyans regarding eLearning Course site
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - No action
September 26 - Diego has reached out, but no response from Kenyans
January 4, 2014 - No Action.
January 8, 2014 - Diego confirmed that this item can be closed.
16 Cambridge Agenda Melva Complete July 31 - Agenda items to be added - Webinar Planning; Tutorial Grid for January 2014; Policy and Procedure Discussion; 3 year plan items
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Draft published on Wiki. Members asked to review and provide additional agenda items.
17 Tutorial Grid - January 2014 Mary Ann Complete July 31 - Mary to start drafting.
August 14 - no action
Sept 11 - Review done. Mary Ann will send out to Education List and seek input
20 Add link to Tutorial Specification to Education Portal Sharon Complete Sept 26 - asked Sharon to add link
January 8, 2014 - added
21 Update FHIR module for HL7 Fundamentals David Hay/Melva Complete September 23 - David will work on updates in the next 2